Ethernet worked then disappeared !

HubiWiWI

22 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

First, thanks in advance for your help.

I recently updated my hack from Mavericks to Sierra. Except a little issue with a driver in my EFI (had to replace something with this : OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi), everything went pretty fine.

After installation, Sierra booted fine, and except some USB issues that I have to fix, everything worked as expected. And I had internet access via Ethernet.

I did some downloads to reinstall softwares, and then I launched a Time Machine saving. During this process, I went elsewhere for about 2 hours. And when I came back, no ethernet connection anymore. When the cable is plugged in, the network panel even tells me that no cable is plugged.

Tried to use my Time Machine and restore but it did nothing. I just can't understand what changed and made my ethernet not working.

I read about a Apple update that screwed up support for Ethernet controllers but I can't find the update in my System Information panel so I don't think that's the issue.

Thank you for your help !

Hello everyone,

First, thanks in advance for your help.

I recently updated my hack from Mavericks to Sierra. Except a little issue with a driver in my EFI (had to replace something with this : OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi), everything went pretty fine.

After installation, Sierra booted fine, and except some USB issues that I have to fix, everything worked as expected. And I had internet access via Ethernet.

I did some downloads to reinstall softwares, and then I launched a Time Machine saving. During this process, I went elsewhere for about 2 hours. And when I came back, no ethernet connection anymore. When the cable is plugged in, the network panel even tells me that no cable is plugged.

Tried to use my Time Machine and restore but it did nothing. I just can't understand what changed and made my ethernet not working.

Have you installed the latest kext for your ethernet? Rebuild caches and reboot. I can see you used AppleIntelE1000e kext but what is your ethernet?

EDIT: Remove your current kext and try this one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/396-intelmausiethernet/

After update, the kext installed was the one from my Mavericks installation and it worked fine. Then I downloaded the lastest kext for AppleIntelE1000e, installed it in EFI but no changes.

My ethernet controller is the one from my motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H.

After update, the kext installed was the one from my Mavericks installation and it worked fine. Then I downloaded the lastest kext for AppleIntelE1000e, installed it in EFI but no changes.

My ethernet controller is the one from my motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H.

Se my edit above.

Post ioreg and clover folder minus themes and serial numbers

I got the Ioreg explorer for Ioreg but concerning Clover folder, you want the whole EFI folder right ? I guess you want me to delete the themes folder, but where is the serial numbers folder ?

(Sorry, first time for me)

I got the Ioreg explorer for Ioreg but concerning Clover folder, you want the whole EFI folder right ? I guess you want me to delete the themes folder, but where is the serial numbers folder ?

(Sorry, first time for me)

The serial numbers are in your config.plist which can be edited after making a copy to your desktop with Xcode or clover configurator. No not the whole EFI folder, just the CLOVER folder that is in it, zipped up. Is best to copy the CLOVER folder onto your desktop before removing or changing anything.

The serial numbers are in your config.plist which can be edited after making a copy to your desktop with Xcode or clover configurator. No not the whole EFI folder, just the CLOVER folder that is in it, zipped up. Is best to copy the CLOVER folder onto your desktop before removing or changing anything.

Thank you !

Here they are :

CLOVER no serial.zip

MacPro ioreg.zip

Thank you !

Here they are :

How come your injecting Intel graphics when using a GT 640?

Remove kexts from 10.12 folder, they don't need to be in other and 10.12, other is fine.

Do you really need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext?

USBInjectAll.kext is useless without the config.plist patch to increase the port limit or a custom SSDT for USB.

Make changes, rebuild caches, reboot, test.

If no Ethernet still run DPCIManager, click PCI list and look for ethernet controller.

Or here.

post-1083558-0-16620200-1500452612_thumb.png

DPCIManager.zip

Make changes, rebuild caches, reboot, test.

Thank you, just a detail : i've seen multiple ways of rebuilding caches, what's yours ?

I don't really know why I'm injecting intel to be honest. 

I rebuilt caches by using this : 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I removed everything from 10.12, removed NullCPUPowerManagement and USBInjectAll. Booted fine but still no ethernet connection.

Here is the screenshot from DPCI Manager, I can see the controller on the PCI List but not on status.

post-2188661-0-14038500-1500453803_thumb.png

post-2188661-0-75023100-1500454116_thumb.png

Thank you, just a detail : i've seen multiple ways of rebuilding caches, what's yours ?

I don't really know why I'm injecting intel to be honest. 

I rebuilt caches by using this : 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I removed everything from 10.12, removed NullCPUPowerManagement and USBInjectAll. Booted fine but still no ethernet connection.

Here is the screenshot from DPCI Manager, I can see the controller on the PCI List but not on status.

Have you tried adding the connection back?

post-1083558-0-25473500-1500454808_thumb.png

Or run this then reboot

sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Have you tried adding the connection back?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-19 at 6.39.58 pm.png

Or run this then reboot

I did. And I can't even choose Ethernet (as showed in my screenshot). I also tried to delete it to see if the OS creates it again at reboot but it doesn't, so I used a Time Machine to rollback.

I will try your code right now.

EDIT : I tried this :

But still no changes...I just don't get it

post-2188661-0-33782800-1500455203_thumb.png

I did. And I can't even choose Ethernet (as showed in my screenshot). I also tried to delete it to see if the OS creates it again at reboot but it doesn't, so I used a Time Machine to rollback.

I will try your code right now.

EDIT : I tried this :

But still no changes...I just don't get it

In your screenshot it shows ethernet, remove it, reboot, add it again.

If that doesn't work then i would be checking cables and changing ports on modem/router.

In your screenshot it shows ethernet, remove it, reboot, add it again.

If that doesn't work then i would be checking cables and changing ports on modem/router.

Yes that's what I tried to do, but after reboot, I can't add it again because my network panel doesn't have the Ethernet option on the adding menu (as you can see on my screenshot). I had to do a Time Machine to get it back.

I also tried changing cables, port etc...but all these work with my laptop.

Yes that's what I tried to do, but after reboot, I can't add it again because my network panel doesn't have the Ethernet option on the adding menu (as you can see on my screenshot). I had to do a Time Machine to get it back.

I also tried changing cables, port etc...but all these work with my laptop.

I'm sorry but I cannot think of anything else at the moment.

Do you have a network card you can add onto your pc to test?

I still believe it's network hardware related as your Ethernet nic is detected.

Edit: actually it's only detected after a time machine restore right? Maybe your onboard nic has reached end of life. Can you test it in windows or linux?

Is your bios up to date? Most recent is F10.

Update it if needed and check to make sure lan controller is enabled and the normal settings for hackintosh.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I cannot think of anything else at the moment.

Do you have a network card you can add onto your pc to test?

I still believe it's network hardware related as your Ethernet nic is detected.

Edit: actually it's only detected after a time machine restore right? Maybe your onboard nic has reached end of life. Can you test it in windows or linux?

Is your bios up to date? Most recent is F10.

Update it if needed and check to make sure lan controller is enabled and the normal settings for hackintosh.

Unfortunately I don't have another ethernet card.

I tried it on my Windows partition and it works perfectly.

I just updated my bios to F10 to see but no changes.

Maybe I should try a new install of Sierra since Ethernet worked at the beginning just after installation...

Unfortunately I don't have another ethernet card.

I tried it on my Windows partition and it works perfectly.

I just updated my bios to F10 to see but no changes.

Maybe I should try a new install of Sierra since Ethernet worked at the beginning just after installation...

Well that's all I can think of is a fresh install. Give it a go and let me know.

Well that's all I can think of is a fresh install. Give it a go and let me know.

Here is the solution ! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext in /S/L/E with Kext Utility and it works now !

I guess I had it installed on my Mavericks installation in S/L/E/ as well (I bought this machine long ago so I didn't know...) and the Sierra update wiped it. And maybe it worked at the beginning just after the update because the OS already loaded the kexts from Mavericks. But after one reboot it stopped working.

Thank you for your time !

Here is the solution ! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext in /S/L/E with Kext Utility and it works now !

I guess I had it installed on my Mavericks installation in S/L/E/ as well (I bought this machine long ago so I didn't know...) and the Sierra update wiped it. And maybe it worked at the beginning just after the update because the OS already loaded the kexts from Mavericks. But after one reboot it stopped working.

Thank you for your time !

So post #2 should have solved it if you installed properly the first time? S/L/E

Yes, but I didn't know at that time that I had to install it to S/L/E. I thought all these kexts had to go to Clover EFI.

It is always best to install kexts to S/L/E or L/E, especially necessary kexts like fakesmc and ethernet.
  • Like 1