Convert my virtual machine to physical?

92GTA

5 posts in this topic

I have had Sierra running great for months now on my VMware workstation player on my Windows 10 box. I did the best upgrade to High Sierra, all went perfect. I just bought a new laptop, Acer Aspire E5-575G with a 6thGen i7-7500U, 32GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 940M, a 2TB SSD, and a 250GB SSD. I bought it for running Kali Linux on the 2TB SSD.

For the 2nd physical 250GB SSD, I'd like to throw my copy of High Sierra on it. I have months of getting it just how I want so I'd hate to start from scratch.

Is there is a way to migrate my High Sierra VM and make it a physical machine on my 2nd HD?

Thanks!

I have had Sierra running great for months now on my VMware workstation player on my Windows 10 box. I did the best upgrade to High Sierra, all went perfect. I just bought a new laptop, Acer Aspire E5-575G with a 6thGen i7-7500U, 32GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 940M, a 2TB SSD, and a 250GB SSD. I bought it for running Kali Linux on the 2TB SSD.

For the 2nd physical 250GB SSD, I'd like to throw my copy of High Sierra on it. I have months of getting it just how I want so I'd hate to start from scratch.

Is there is a way to migrate my High Sierra VM and make it a physical machine on my 2nd HD?

Thanks!

That was the way I started my hacks once. You can mount the physical disk in the VM settings (add a hard drive from memory), then CCC your good sierra install to it, install clover etc etc and then it's done.

It would pay to format the SSD in the VM.

Awesome, thanks fro the info.

Do you know of any tutorials? I've never heard of clover.

I started out with my first hackintosh back in 2004/2005 by always installing onto a HD, this is my first VM to physical conversion.