es1 511 c1ms with osx q

axel9546

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I have a laptop with a celeron 2830 and a HD 2500 (as i saw online)

I would like to know which version of the osx i have to install to get full cpu and gpu working?
Cause i saw from some sites that 2500hd has no support but i would like to know some more :)

Can u help me::>

Intel HD graphics 2500 (or Ivy Bridge Intel HD graphics in its mobile version) is the low-end/low-spec iGPU of some Ivy Bridge desktop CPUs, like HD 2000 was the low-end iGPU in the Sandy Bridge family. It has not support in OS X/macOS simply because Apple never used Intel CPUs with such integrated graphics in their computers and therefore did not develop drivers for them.

Your Celeron N2830 is Bay Trail-M family and, indeed, integrates an iGPU based on Ivy Bridge Intel HD graphics. Regretfully, your Celeron laptop is not suitable for Hackintoshing purposes: neither your CPU nor its iGPU are natively supported, whatever the version. You could install recent OS X/macOS versions with a special kernel or by faking CPU id but you'd never get graphics support and performance would be abysmal (you'll find videos on YouTube to confirm this).

Wow ok nice! Thanks for the help :)