Intel HD 630 acceleration

thefiredragon

37 posts in this topic

Hey, is there a way to get the Intel HD 630 / I7 7700hq nativly working?

I can install on my Yoga 720 10.13 without Problems. Im using to start it with fakepcid for igpu. Without it's not booting up.

The Intel Show only up 32mb vram.

I can upload my clover configuration later.

Perhaps someone has an idea? Or is using the hd630 on an Notebook?

The solution from Zenith432

Edited by Slice
link to solution

Hey, I did an HighSierra install on the MSI GS43 with 7700HQ and HD630 without any issues, both CPU and IGPU worked natively oob. Can you elaborate on your config? BIOS Setting, config.plist, which SMBIOS (for HighSierra use iMac18,2) etc.?

I think it's a little bit other.

I have an UHD Internal Display on my notebook, perhaps this can be the reason or the dvmt preload. I will unlock my bios next days to set the dmvt preloc higher. 

But it would be more than great if it would work without patching my bios.

I will update my system informations on my profile yet.

First I have a dump from my clover and a ioreg.

To the system:
It's a yoga 720,

- i7700hq / hd630 
- 24GB Ram
- 4k UHD 
- Samsung Nvme 960

I had try to install MacOS 10.12.5 but there I can't access the installer. The bootlogo is freezing.
I've also tried to use other ig-platform ids to got it work.
So at the moment I can only boot up with a fakeintelgfx id and an empty ig-platform-id.
An idea was to fix the system to support the UHD display. But this also don't solve my problem.

I'm on the latest MacBook 14.2 on smbios. 

Archive.zip

I think it's a little bit other.

I have an UHD Internal Display on my notebook, perhaps this can be the reason or the dvmt preload. I will unlock my bios next days to set the dmvt preloc higher. 

But it would be more than great if it would work without patching my bios.

I will update my system informations on my profile yet.

First I have a dump from my clover and a ioreg.

To the system:

It's a yoga 720,

- i7700hq / hd630 

- 24GB Ram

- 4k UHD 

- Samsung Nvme 960

I had try to install MacOS 10.12.5 but there I can't access the installer. The bootlogo is freezing.

I've also tried to use other ig-platform ids to got it work.

So at the moment I can only boot up with a fakeintelgfx id and an empty ig-platform-id.

An idea was to fix the system to support the UHD display. But this also don't solve my problem.

I'm on the latest MacBook 14.2 on smbios. 

Ok, totally different matter: 10.12.5 has no Kaby Lake support whatsoever, you HAVE to use fakeid for both CPU and IGPU to make it appear as Skylake. Add the following code to your config.plist:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
            <dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
                       <string>0x0506e3</string>
            </dict> 
<key>FakeID</key>
                       <dict>
                                   <key>IntelGFX</key>
                                   <string>0x19168086</string>
                                   …
<key>Graphics</key>
            <dict>
                       <key>ig-platform-id</key>
                       <string>0x19160000</string>
                       …

Try this first and we'll see ;)

This I had try, but I can't start it, will stuck on IOconssoleUser. And then I can wait hours and nothing will be happened on the installation from 10.12.5.
So I stuck before I can see the installation screen.

I'm happy that 10.13 will start after the installation. :(

The archive.zip contain the clover from 10.13. I'm writing from this running machine.

And the next important thing is, that the touchpad is not working.
It's a new Elan I2C touchpad.
I had found some thread on Lenovo that the touchpad also not working on linux..
So this is a reason to sell the yoga 720 and purchase an Dell XPS. But first I would try all out before I want to sell my machine.
The yoga looks a little bit better than the dell but good look is not all if nothing is working.

Could the UHD Display be the problem?

So I had got solved my graphics issue.
I had bootflag -disablegfxfirmware and removed the injection.

Also I have disabled all kexttopatch, intelinject, removed intelgfx id and platformid.

That's great.

So next things will be to patch acpi tables and looking to get brightness control working.

post-1847259-0-90848000-1500287266_thumb.png

post-1847259-0-68177600-1500290919_thumb.png

The clover folder was from 10.13 not from 10.12.5

I'm sure I had try it. the last days, but on beta its better working so I don't need to inject and use a fakecpuid.

I had try it before also with a bootflag perhaps the 4k patch does it that its working know. I need to test it again to know it.

There should be no confusing 'cause other people or members should this also help.

I needed before to patch my uhd panel after setup before I can remove the intel injection.

I read a lot in the Dell XPS 15 capable thread here on insanelymac.

I found this: 

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/

before to startup I needed on devices IntelGFX the ID 0x19168086 and Inject Intel.
After the setup I had run the script above and after removing the injection the system load me the kabylake intel kext.

Next important thing would be to look for my touchpad which is not working..But this is a new thread :)

• Like 1

There should be no confusing 'cause other people or members should this also help.

I needed before to patch my uhd panel after setup before I can remove the intel injection.

I read a lot in the Dell XPS 15 capable thread here on insanelymac.

I found this: 

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/

before to startup I needed on devices IntelGFX the ID 0x19168086 and Inject Intel.

After the setup I had run the script above and after removing the injection the system load me the kabylake intel kext.

Next important thing would be to look for my touchpad which is not working..But this is a new thread :)

Congrats!

FYI

I found an alternative to using Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup for preventing the freeze with HD630 in OS 10.12.6.

Using the following kext patch in Clover config.plist

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.12.6-KBL-ComputeLaneCount</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>wOmc</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>wOma</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
This patch replaces the work done by IntelGraphicsFixup on the function

AppleIntelFramebufferController::ComputeLaneCount

and it's enough to prevent the freeze and make HD630 work with acceleration.

This was tested on

OS 10.12.6

Using AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

I've checked that same patch also works for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext (HD530) from OS 10.12.5 and OS 10.12.6 (replace name of kext from KBL to SKL in Clover patch)

With this patch I don't need IntelGraphicsFixup/Lilu loaded for HD630 to work.

• Like 8

Another usefull patch is

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Turn off HDCP on Skylake HD530</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>g+AGuQYAAAA=</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.12</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphics</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>McCQuQYAAAA=</data>
			</dict>

preventing deadlock on some sites like rbc.ru, imdb.com. Proved on 10.12.5, not sure it's the same in 10.12.6 because I switched to AMD graphics.  

• Like 4

Thanks Slice.  IntelGraphicsFixup patches 3 things

- The ComputeLaneCount freeze.

- Turns on debug prints for initFB() in IOGraphics.  This seems only needed for debugging, not actual "fix".

- The PAVP/HDCP hang which I assume what your patch is for.  I did not run into this, and I checked from IntelGraphicsFixup debug prints that the intercepted PAVP function never gets called on my system.  Maybe it only gets called in certain scenarios I don't use.  Anyway, I will check if the PAVP/HDCP Clover patch matches the kext binaries in 10.12.6 for both SKL and KBL.

Update:

I checked, and the patch in post 12 for PAVP/HDCP freeze still works in

SKL 10.12.6 (+ originally for 10.12.5)

KBL 10.12.6

The patch in in post 11 works in

SKL 10.12.5, 10.12.6

KBL 10.12.6

So together, the 2 patches provide a complete replacement for IntelGraphicsFixup in these graphics kexts and versions.

Update: In the patch in post #12

you should change the kext name to its full bundle name

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphics or com.apple.driver.AppleIntelKBLGraphics.

If you use partial name, then the partial names match as substrings to AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer and gets them wrongly patched.

Edited by Zenith432
  • Like 3

Hi guys, I installed Sierra 10.12.6, it works perfectly except the hd 630 graphics card in multi-monitor mode. The only working output is the display port, DVi and the Hdmi does not worki. I've updated both Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kexts but nothing. I tried with several changes in config.plist but nothing.

Has anyone been able to work in multi-monitor mode?

@Glad79:

In IORegistry, check the connector-type on each AppleIntelFramebuffer object.  4 is DP, 8 is HDMI.  I don't know which is DVI.

If the connector-type is wrong, you need to add KextPatch for each port to the right connector-type.  Download sample config.plist from

here.  It has patches showing how change each of the 3 ports from DP->HDMI (4->8), however, you need to change the patch strings to change 4 to the right type (8 or DVI type).

• Like 1

@Glad79:

In IORegistry, check the connector-type on each AppleIntelFramebuffer object.  4 is DP, 8 is HDMI.  I don't know which is DVI.

If the connector-type is wrong, you need to add KextPatch for each port to the right connector-type.  Download sample config.plist from

here.  It has patches showing how change each of the 3 ports from DP->HDMI (4->8), however, you need to change the patch strings to change 4 to the right type (8 or DVI type).

Hi Zenith432 I tried your alternative mode to using Lilu/IntelGraphicsFixup for preventing the freeze with HD630 in OS 10.12.6 I have used  the instruction in your post, but the my system not work without the Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kexts  in clover folder. I have added the patches in config.plist but the other ports does not work.
Can You help me?
I add my ioreg file and my clover folder 

Thank you

Daw’s iMac.zip

CLOVER.zip

• 2 months later...

Update

The patches in posts #11, #12 work for OS 10.13.0 with no change.  (See comment in #14 about full kext name).

I also had to add boot arg -disablegfxfirmware as said in post #5.  Without it, 10.13.0 hangs in an infinite loop trying to identify the graphics firmware.  In 10.12.6, it errors on attempting to identify the graphics firmware and falls back to alternate code ok.

• Like 1

Is a Kaby Lake laptop with Intel HD 630 even able to boot into 10.13.1 beta 2 or 3 with graphic acceleration? I just want to verify that it can work. I've tried for days to get it to work with NO success.

Use key -disablegfxfirmware

• 2 months later...

This I had try, but I can't start it, will stuck on IOconssoleUser. And then I can wait hours and nothing will be happened on the installation from 10.12.5.

So I stuck before I can see the installation screen.

I'm happy that 10.13 will start after the installation. :(

The archive.zip contain the clover from 10.13. I'm writing from this running machine.

And the next important thing is, that the touchpad is not working.

It's a new Elan I2C touchpad.

I had found some thread on Lenovo that the touchpad also not working on linux..

So this is a reason to sell the yoga 720 and purchase an Dell XPS. But first I would try all out before I want to sell my machine.

The yoga looks a little bit better than the dell but good look is not all if nothing is working.

Could the UHD Display be the problem?

So I had got solved my graphics issue.

I had bootflag -disablegfxfirmware and removed the injection.

Also I have disabled all kexttopatch, intelinject, removed intelgfx id and platformid.

That's great.

So next things will be to patch acpi tables and looking to get brightness control working.

Can you tell me how you solved your problem with your igfx? I have not acceleration...

• 2 months later...

I installed macOS 10.13.4, with Intel HD Graphics 630 (model 0x5912), using
AppleIntelKBLGraphics
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

and I'm getting massive flicker and screen artifacts.

This happens with patches posted in this thread for ComputeLaneCount/PAVP-disable.

So I tried with latest Lilu 1.2.2/IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.6.  Flicker still there!

Anyone else run into this or know of a solution?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Zenith432 said:

I installed macOS 10.13.4, with Intel HD Graphics 630 (model 0x5912), using
AppleIntelKBLGraphics
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer

and I'm getting massive flicker and screen artifacts.

This happens with patches posted in this thread for ComputeLaneCount/PAVP-disable.

So I tried with latest Lilu 1.2.2/IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.6.  Flicker still there!

Anyone else run into this or know of a solution?

Thanks!

I had the same problem few months ago, but I fix all the problems changing:

• DVMT pre-allocated to 192MB
  • DVMT max to MAX
  • SMBIOS 18,3 to 18,1
  • ig-platform-id=0x59120000

DVMT changes are based on this guide: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forums/topic/305710-guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10103/

• Like 1