• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

thefiredragon

thefiredragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, is there a way to get the Intel HD 630 / I7 7700hq nativly working?
I can install on my Yoga 720 10.13 without Problems. Im using to start it with fakepcid for igpu. Without it's not booting up.
The Intel Show only up 32mb vram.
I can upload my clover configuration later.
Perhaps someone has an idea? Or is using the hd630 on an Notebook?

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Hey, I did an HighSierra install on the MSI GS43 with 7700HQ and HD630 without any issues, both CPU and IGPU worked natively oob. Can you elaborate on your config? BIOS Setting, config.plist, which SMBIOS (for HighSierra use iMac18,2) etc.?

thefiredragon

thefiredragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think it's a little bit other.

I have an UHD Internal Display on my notebook, perhaps this can be the reason or the dvmt preload. I will unlock my bios next days to set the dmvt preloc higher. 

But it would be more than great if it would work without patching my bios.

I will update my system informations on my profile yet.

First I have a dump from my clover and a ioreg.

To the system:
It's a yoga 720,

- i7700hq / hd630 
- 24GB Ram
- 4k UHD 
- Samsung Nvme 960

I had try to install MacOS 10.12.5 but there I can't access the installer. The bootlogo is freezing.
I've also tried to use other ig-platform ids to got it work.
So at the moment I can only boot up with a fakeintelgfx id and an empty ig-platform-id.
An idea was to fix the system to support the UHD display. But this also don't solve my problem.

I'm on the latest MacBook 14.2 on smbios. 

Attached Files

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

I think it's a little bit other.

I have an UHD Internal Display on my notebook, perhaps this can be the reason or the dvmt preload. I will unlock my bios next days to set the dmvt preloc higher. 

But it would be more than great if it would work without patching my bios.

I will update my system informations on my profile yet.

First I have a dump from my clover and a ioreg.

To the system:
It's a yoga 720,

- i7700hq / hd630 
- 24GB Ram
- 4k UHD 
- Samsung Nvme 960

I had try to install MacOS 10.12.5 but there I can't access the installer. The bootlogo is freezing.
I've also tried to use other ig-platform ids to got it work.
So at the moment I can only boot up with a fakeintelgfx id and an empty ig-platform-id.
An idea was to fix the system to support the UHD display. But this also don't solve my problem.

I'm on the latest MacBook 14.2 on smbios. 

Ok, totally different matter: 10.12.5 has no Kaby Lake support whatsoever, you HAVE to use fakeid for both CPU and IGPU to make it appear as Skylake. Add the following code to your config.plist:

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
            <dict>
<key>FakeCPUID</key>
                       <string>0x0506e3</string>
            </dict> 
<key>FakeID</key>
                       <dict>
                                   <key>IntelGFX</key>
                                   <string>0x19168086</string>
                                   …
<key>Graphics</key>
            <dict>
                       <key>ig-platform-id</key>
                       <string>0x19160000</string>
                       …

Try this first and we'll see ;)

thefiredragon

thefiredragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

This I had try, but I can't start it, will stuck on IOconssoleUser. And then I can wait hours and nothing will be happened on the installation from 10.12.5.
So I stuck before I can see the installation screen.

I'm happy that 10.13 will start after the installation. :(

The archive.zip contain the clover from 10.13. I'm writing from this running machine.

And the next important thing is, that the touchpad is not working.
It's a new Elan I2C touchpad.
I had found some thread on Lenovo that the touchpad also not working on linux..
So this is a reason to sell the yoga 720 and purchase an Dell XPS. But first I would try all out before I want to sell my machine.
The yoga looks a little bit better than the dell but good look is not all if nothing is working.

Could the UHD Display be the problem?

So I had got solved my graphics issue.
I had bootflag -disablegfxfirmware and removed the injection.

Also I have disabled all kexttopatch, intelinject, removed intelgfx id and platformid.

That's great.

So next things will be to patch acpi tables and looking to get brightness control working.

Attached Files

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Are you sure? The config you sent was not correct, there was no cpu fake id, and: change Inject Intel to "false".

If you tried Sierra with the config you sent, it won't work.

thefiredragon

thefiredragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

The clover folder was from 10.13 not from 10.12.5

I'm sure I had try it. the last days, but on beta its better working so I don't need to inject and use a fakecpuid.

I had try it before also with a bootflag perhaps the 4k patch does it that its working know. I need to test it again to know it.

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

I'm a bit confused about which config you used for what, but as long it is working for you now: great! ;)

thefiredragon

thefiredragon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

There should be no confusing 'cause other people or members should this also help.

I needed before to patch my uhd panel after setup before I can remove the intel injection.

I read a lot in the Dell XPS 15 capable thread here on insanelymac.

I found this: 

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/

before to startup I needed on devices IntelGFX the ID 0x19168086 and Inject Intel.
After the setup I had run the script above and after removing the injection the system load me the kabylake intel kext.

Next important thing would be to look for my touchpad which is not working..But this is a new thread :)

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

There should be no confusing 'cause other people or members should this also help.

I needed before to patch my uhd panel after setup before I can remove the intel injection.

I read a lot in the Dell XPS 15 capable thread here on insanelymac.

I found this: 

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/

before to startup I needed on devices IntelGFX the ID 0x19168086 and Inject Intel.
After the setup I had run the script above and after removing the injection the system load me the kabylake intel kext.

Next important thing would be to look for my touchpad which is not working..But this is a new thread :)

Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy