[SUCCESS] ASUS Prime B250M-C Kaby Lake

macinsane

13 posts in this topic

What works? Everything! (including audio and sleep)
Really? Second M.2 NVMe is shown as external drive (orange icon), maybe due to the fact, that Macs don’t have two M.2 slots as far as I know – but that is purely cosmetic

*Update* YES, everything works. Just download the new updated package below, which contains config.plist (for 10.12.6), USB kext and basic DSDT with USB sleep capabilities only. Do NOT use the original DSDT provided by me or MalD0n in post #10 cause both are faulty, somehow they screw up SATA und PCIe devices.

Components used:
ASUS Prime B250M-C µATX-board
Intel Core i5 7500 (Kaby Lake) with HD 630
ASUS Geforce GT 1030
Airport-compatible PCIe-Card for Wifi and Bluetooth (BCM943602CS) – works OOB
2 NVMe drives: Samsung P961 / Toshiba
(Sandisk SSD for Installation, because unpatched Sierra doesn’t recognize NVMe-Drives until 10.12.5, there are workarounds, but I didn’t bother, just cloned system to NVMe after installation)

I used Clover 4114 as boot loader.

*UDATE 10.13*

Updated for macOS High Sierra, look here.

Please note, that for HS I swapped the GT1300 for a RX560 since there are no Pascal-drivers until this day.

*UPDATE 10.12.6*
No problems, works like a charm. You can change SMBIOS to iMac18,2 and delete FakeID for CPU from config.plist, it isn't needed anymore because of Kaby Lake support in 10.12.6. Webdrivers from 10.12.5 still work for GT 1030 if you patch them via Nvidia Web Driver Updater (download the webdrivers and use the patch to fake OS build "16G29").

*UPDATE USB*
Since USBinjectall.kext 0.6.2 added iMac18,2 support, raise-port-patch via Clover is no longer needed. I added my modified kext where I deleted unused ports, so that every port is available within macOS.

Config.plist:

At least until 10.12.5 a fake CPU id is needed to make the Kaby Lake-CPU appear as Skylake. The following code has to added to config.plist to your install drive (and of course to the working system drive afterwards)

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>		    <dict><key>FakeCPUID</key>					   <string>0x0506e3</string>		    </dict>

If you want to use the CPU graphics you have to add some more code:

<key>FakeID</key>					   <dict>								   <key>IntelGFX</key>								   <string>0x19168086</string>								   …<key>Graphics</key>		    <dict>					   <key>ig-platform-id</key>					   <string>0x19160000</string>					   …

I would recommend a dedicated graphics card, because Intel-GPU is often a mess, glitches from time to time and sleep or wake is never going to work properly. Laptop users have to deal with this, desktop owners should not waste time on CPU graphics if they don’t have to. Only do this for budget reasons or because you’re building a Mini-ITX-system or Mini-PC that has no space for a dedicated graphics card.

I used a GT 1030 graphics card (install latest webdrivers from nVidia for full acceleration).

For SMBIOS use iMac14,2. That will give you a working display for the Geforce. iMac 17,1 works for me with the HD 630, but gives black screen on Geforce.
Update: Could successfully boot into working system with iMac17,1 definition, no screen issues. Seems that iMac14,2 only works better before nVidia drivers installation. Ok, just once, now black screen again, back to 14,2 ;)
Update2: iMac18,2 works in 10.12.6

Add Raise-Ports-Patch for USB: *Better use USBinjectall.kext I added below*

<key>KextsToPatch</key>					   <array><dict>											   <key>Comment</key>											   <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)</string>											   <key>Disabled</key>											   <false/>											   <key>Find</key>											   <data>											   g710////EA==											   </data>											   <key>Name</key>											   <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>											   <key>Replace</key>											   <data>											   g710////Gw==											   </data>								   </dict>					   </array>

Pike R. Alpha’s patches for NVMe work great. To make it easy: The patches integrated in the newest CloverConfigurator will work for 10.12.5. Hopefully with 10.12.6 this will end. 10.13 beta doesn’t need them anymore.

Kexts:

What to put in your EFI partition’s kext folder?

Of course FakeSMC.kext… ;)

For the CPU to work in Sierra (at least until 10.12.5) add FakePCIID.kext and Lilu.kext.

For USB to work properly use USBInjectALL.kext plus XHCI 200 injector kext.
You will have a few working ports if you leave the kext untouched, to make it perfect edit the info.plist inside USB inject kext. All you have to do is to delete ports higher than HS10 and SS10 HS07,08 and 09 in <key>8086_a2af</key>.

For audio use Voodoo HDA (Version 2.9.0d10 enables onboard audio and HDMI audio on Intel and Geforce) and AppleHDADisabler.kext.

For i219 ethernet use IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Intel HD630 needs FakePCIID_Intel_HD-Graphics.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well (not needed for Geforce).

DSDT and SSDT for speedstep and sleep:

Of course no working hackintosh without the joy of DSDT editing ;)
Rehabman offers a great repository for patches that will put your Hackintosh to sleep and Piker Alphas ssdtPRGGen will give you working power management.

For reference I’ve added my DSDT and SSDT to download. Be careful: These will only work properly for you if you have the exact same configuration!

ACPI.zip

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

NEW_config_usb_dsdt.zip

• Like 1

tks you

can you share any patches that you have patched dsdt?

Just look for Rehabman's repository (he has his own version of MacISL as well), the laptop patches are very useful even for desktops. In general take the fixes (IRQ Fix for example), most important the Skylake PWR Patch for USB.

But be cautious with that attempt: You have to switch to Kaby Lake system definitions (e.g. 18,1 or 18,2) what very likely breaks Geforce display. Should be no problem for Intel graphics though...

• Like 1

Work very well on the imac18.2  HD630 + AMD5670 and there are no problems.

I'm sure of that! ;) Like I said: Intel works. And AMD is a totally different approach. Geforce users can try it out with lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that should, in theory, make it work with different system definitions. If anyone gets it going with iMac18,2 and GT 1030 (or 1050...), please leave a note! I would like to try it myself :) 

I'm sure of that! ;) Like I said: Intel works. And AMD is a totally different approach. Geforce users can try it out with lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that should, in theory, make it work with different system definitions. If anyone gets it going with iMac18,2 and GT 1030 (or 1050...), please leave a note! I would like to try it myself :)

UPDATE: Ok, I tried it out and sadly: Doesn't work! I installed the iMac Update (needed a change in SystemDefinitions.plist in /S/L/CoreServices to fake a newer build, so the Update would run), after that changed SMBIOS to 18,2 and booted up. Consequence: No graphics acceleration, even changing SystemDefinitions.plist back to usual 10.12.5 didn't change anything. It is like High Sierra beta: Nvidia Webdrivers refuse to load – at least the GT 1030. We have to wait for nVidia to update the drivers...

dont use repository, it's fail

check

u apply sbus into hdef, etc, etc

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-07-18 às 10.58.46.png

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

skylake/kabylake is diff ;)

Oh thank you so much! :)

UPDATE: Ok, I tried it out and sadly: Doesn't work! I installed the iMac Update (needed a change in SystemDefinitions.plist in /S/L/CoreServices to fake a newer build, so the Update would run), after that changed SMBIOS to 18,2 and booted up. Consequence: No graphics acceleration, even changing SystemDefinitions.plist back to usual 10.12.5 didn't change anything. It is like High Sierra beta: Nvidia Webdrivers refuse to load – at least the GT 1030. We have to wait for nVidia to update the drivers...

UPDATE 2: I realized that Nvidia Webdriver Updater simply wasn't doing his job, I didn't notice it because it backuped the vanilla kexts and so I assumed it worked, but in reality the kext in /L/E was left untouched.  ;) So I edited it by hand and installed it via EasyKext Pro. And from posts during boot I could see that the webdrivers were loading, but: black screen no matter which definitions I use    :cry:  

UPDATE 3: No black screens with final 10.12.6, SMBIOS 18,2 works   :D

• 1 month later...