HDMI with nvidia web driver problems

3 posts in this topic

hi guys,

can anybody help me? i have a strange problem: my sierra hackintosh is working great, except HDMI:

- when i plug in HDMI cable (connected with TV), the picture "jumps" to the TV, the laptop screen freezes

- only TV is active now (but its working, sound, picture etc)

- i do not have option in macOS settings for 2 screens, mirror, extend etc, the "Arrangement" tab in screen settings is missing

- when i unplug HDMI cable, TV gets black but picture does not return to laptop, i have black screens, need to restart to get screen back to laptop

- i already tried to inject connector types with SSDT patching, then i see in IOReg that i successfully injected them but nothing changes

System:

Asus ROG G751 JY

intel i7 4720 HQ

nvidia gtx 980m

thx in advance

only nvidia, no intel HD

i found out it works if i put SMBIOS to iMac 14,1 and boot with HDMI connected, then i have 2 displays working together (but if i unplug HDMI, both are black again, screen not jumping back to laptop, i have to plug in HDMI again and use the TV to reboot)

some people from internet told me to inject connector types for LVDS, HDMI, DP with SSDT patches. i did it, nothing changed.

now i found something like Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, have to try this. but this behaviour is really strange