issues with booting CCC'd clone of macOS on 64GB microSD card

dawntodon

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a Dell Venue 11 Pro that seems to boot into macOS just fine when I boot from my usb drive.  However, I run into a snag and macOS fails to boot when I try to run a clone copy from a 64GB microsd card.  I get as far as seeing the verbose messages while booting, but it gets stuck. I'm not sure if I would need to include a kext for my media reader in my boot drive or what.  Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

hello.  Thank you very much for the kext.  Unfortunately, something else seemed to have happened with my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 (core m), where it no longer shows the clover screen when I boot from my usb drive but just gives me a black screen.  Funny enough, the clover screen shows when I boot from my internal hard drive and I get as far as shown in the screenshots below.  As shown in the pictures, it looks like the microsd card is picked up just fine and is loading until I get the circle with the slash and the text loses definition and become a bunch of blobs.  I may report this elsewhere and then figure out the microsd issue. 

post-330648-0-96400900-1501192690_thumb.png

post-330648-0-74257100-1501192741_thumb.png