Can't get Nvidia drivers to work...

samtfischer

8 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my Nvidia drivers to work. I'm running 10.12.5 and the driver version is 378.05.05.15f01. When I boot with nv_disable=1 my computer boots, but if I have that turned off, the boot gets to gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and the screen goes black, and then reboots. Running an x99 system w/ a 1070. Any ideas?

Hello, and welcome to InsanelyMac.

You already tried this? NvidiaWeb

Yeah I've tried that. I've tried using the Mac Pro 6,1, Mac Pro 5,1, and iMac 14,2 configurations with the AGDP patch, and none of those worked.

Sometimes the boot stops at gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 and sometimes it stops at IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,

if anyone needs help installing their nvidia web drivers this is how i did it. right after my fresh install, i booted via injection nvidia in the clover menu before boot(do not boot via nvidia web/ it will boot but drivers have not been installed) . once i logged into my mac the screen look all wrong. if you go to about mac it should say you have a couple mb under your graphics card. i decided to change my macs definition to imac 14,2. via clover configuration. then i decided to install the nvidia web drivers and kept getting this error that the installation failed. i have a gtx 1080ti so what i did is extract the web driver with Pacifist, put kexts in System/Library/Extentions and run KextUtility then run kextwizard reboot now you boot with (nvidia web via clover) you no longer need to inject nvidia. the resolution should be good.(nvidia control panel is not going to work) just reinstall web driver and reboot and it will work!!

Thanks, bbmatias3 this will help.

add this to your config.plist(efi/clover)

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

reboot

• 2 weeks later...

if anyone needs help installing their nvidia web drivers this is how i did it. right after my fresh install, i booted via injection nvidia in the clover menu before boot(do not boot via nvidia web/ it will boot but drivers have not been installed) . once i logged into my mac the screen look all wrong. if you go to about mac it should say you have a couple mb under your graphics card. i decided to change my macs definition to imac 14,2. via clover configuration. then i decided to install the nvidia web drivers and kept getting this error that the installation failed. i have a gtx 1080ti so what i did is extract the web driver with Pacifist, put kexts in System/Library/Extentions and run KextUtility then run kextwizard reboot now you boot with (nvidia web via clover) you no longer need to inject nvidia. the resolution should be good.(nvidia control panel is not going to work) just reinstall web driver and reboot and it will work!!

Thanks, bbmatias3 this will help.

Just to clarify, are you just putting GEforceWeb.kext into System/Library/Extensions?

Yes. The easiest way to install drivers it's load your clover without any options selected in the graphics menu of clover. Might take a few tries to load. Once your able to login just download and install