10.12.3 problems on Lenovo Z500 Touch

Spursboy-Liv

1 post in this topic

Hi there,

I've successfully installed macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on my stepdad's Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 Touch and spent the past few weeks fine-tuning everything, including having a functional DSDT and SSDT, accelerated graphics, working Apple services etc. However, a few issues remain...

1. I've had to use a USB WiFi dongle as my onboard card is incompatible. However, I've been through three of them (two TP-Link and one D-Link DWA-131, which appears to be the most highly-recommended and is the one I'm currently using) and the connections keep dropping after intervals. It will only reconnect if I remove the dongle and reinsert it, but as you can imagine, it's rather frustrating!

2. For the life of me, I can't get sleep to work at all. It'll turn off for a moment if you close the lid or manually put the laptop into sleep, before coming back on. If you let the screen go back to black, you can hear the laptop continuously reinitialise itself. I've tried Darkwake and several other solutions, but to no avail...

3. The SD card reader doesn't work, although I haven't done as much research into fixing this as the other two things.

I'm sure there are other minor issues, but for now the above three are the biggest gripes. Can anyone assist me with addressing the problems I've listed above? I'll attach my DSDT and anything else if necessary.

Thank you very much for reading and I'll happily donate any beer money in return  :)