• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

indiekiduk

indiekiduk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Heres what I did. Installed the new 10.4.8 AMD test 1 on Pirate bay. Changed the device id in Extensions/Geforce.kext to the id for my onboard 6150 which is 0x0240 and rebooted and it didn't boot to the login window this time. So then from Single user mode I found the Titan.kext in Library/Extensions_Nvidia_disabled (oops thought Titan would have been included by default) and moved it into /Extensions. After the usual clearing caches I rebooted and it got me back to the GUI but with no QE or letting me change resolution.

Is there anything else I can try? There is another Geforce.kext in the Extensions_Nvidia_disabled folder not sure why it is there.

indiekiduk

indiekiduk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Sorry just noticed I forgot to add the 10de to the end of the device id. Still no joy tho even with the old 1.4.40.4 geforce.kext (which by the way was the one in the disabled folder).

re_re

re_re

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Can i try it also with my config (see signature) becuase i have a sort of 10.4.8 kernal, i have no sse3 cpu but some sort of emulation. Will that be a problem?

if somehow it doesnt work, can i uninstall it? How?

For those of you having problems, please post your exact hardware specs (cpu, motherboard, and graphics card).

The same goes for thoes who have had problem free setups. This should make things much easier as far as troubleshooting.

I have a p4 3.0e, sse3 capable, msi 865pe neo2 motherboard and for the life of me i can't get titan to work.

I have a 10.4.6 install dvd (maxxus i think, but i dont remember, it's been a while) and did a 10.4.8 jas upgrad.
The jas update seems to work fine except safari doesn't work for some reason, but aside from that it works. I have all the latest kext's and titan installed accoriding to various tutorials and nothing... not even 2d accelleration, just a hard lock at boot.

(i don't have darwin 8.8.1 but i know it is supposed to work with 2d without it)

g@be

g@be

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Acquari e Go-Kart
this method works on notebook with GeForce go 7600 128mb?

the notebook is this: http://vaio.sony-eur...chnicalFeatures

FECH

FECH

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys,

I would like to know if this works for sse2, and can you guys point me on how to upgrade from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8 and to put the new kernel ?

Thanks.

indiekiduk

indiekiduk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
na no sse2 ever now maxuss has left

my1stmacisaHACK

my1stmacisaHACK

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
does anybody tried this on a gforce4 mx 4000 nvidia card?

spanakorizo

spanakorizo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
i CANT make it work on albatron 7600GS
has ANYBODY did it...?
i think that the problem is in this model geforce
devid 0x02e1
AMD TEST1 10.4.8DVD
original 8.8.1 kernel...and now the semthex latest beta7
titan works correctly recognise my card model
i start the gui but no QE/CI :censored2:
there is nothing else to try i think...
this DVD was my last hope cause now i have 8.8.1 kernel with AMD
but still no luck with the nvidia :(

lukases

lukases

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Anyone know how to get the NVIDIA 6100 onboard graphic to work?

javagreen

javagreen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
No worky for nVidia 6150 onboard :\

jMac

jMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
first and foremost, i dont have much experience with this. that being said, could someone kindly explain more in depth instruction from project titans webpage. i've tried natit, titan (more than likely not the correct way), macvidia, macvidia + natit and macvidia + titan and none have worked. the closest i come is the ability to change resolutions. macvidia and natit both recognize my card, but i still have no qe/ci. and when it hangs, i am unable to go into -s and type anything as i no longer have access to a apple keyboard. my specs are in my sig and i'm running the 10.4.8 AMD test 1 off of pirate bay. thanx for any response

edit: for you guys/gals that are curious about the cards it works with, i believe if you open the titan.kext/contents/macos/titan and opent with texteditor, you will see a list of gpus it will work for. its a guess so dont flame if i'm wrong

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Well, visit the Natit Forum in the X Labs sectiom maybe there are more information there that could help you.

Natit and Titan works well with Geforces 6600, of course there are several versions of 6600 .

Why do you need an Apple keyboard to go to -s (single user mode) ?

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,276 posts

Why do you need an Apple keyboard to go to -s (single user mode) ?

Because someone stole the -_ key when he wasn't looking :huh:

jMac

jMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
:tomato: i dont know why i cant type after i go into single user mode, maybe cause its not a usb connection. also noticed there is trouble using DVI output, which i'm using. anyone know off the top of there head the link to a thread that has it working, i'm hunting for one now.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
You can try modifying your bios settings to make USB keyboard and mouse work as legacy/DOS mode, enter single user mode, make the modifications and reboot.

You can connect a ordinary PS2 KB disconnect all USB KB and mouse and enter in single user mode, make mods, reboot.

jMac

jMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
thats what i'm using, PS2 kb, sorry for any confusion. what i meant was i could type in -s mode when i had the apple kb (usb) but since i no longer use it, i cant type. next time i'll try removing the mouse

loading natit using http://forum.insanel...showtopic=34244 now can change resolution (which isnt new), but still dont have QE/CI, should i try titan next?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
I get better results with Natit (Dual display) but yes give it a try.

jMac

jMac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
quick question, if i were to use titan, would i just remove the natit kext and load the titan? or does the titan kext need other extensions modified? they are suppose to be similar

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
Yeah, I never have them both loaded, never tried though.

ZigZagon

ZigZagon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

Recently loaded Jas's 10.4.8 with Semthex kernel. Got the recent Titan.kext release and followed the instructions in omni website (found above) and it worked like magic. Did what was suggested here but nothing happened. Now I got QE/CI ! No audio though...

btw, I have nvidia GeForce 5500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy