look at this 

there are inconsistencies every where

look at your screen capture bit rate and resolution

input and output

not even 2k much less 4k

either you don’t understand me or i'm not good at explaining

or you are doing something different totally unintentional or unaware

look

when i use screenium i set the resolution to 4k and also set the bit rate all the way up

you are encoding in low quality 4k with a super low bit rate

that is the difference

with that bit rate i can play back the 4k video, screen capture and play tomb raider at 1080 all at the same time

:hysterical:

you are not capturing in 4k 

you probably encode the file to 4k after it been capture at a lower resolution

Ce Qu'il Fallait Démontrer  :yes: 

:)

let's see...? Test only in 2K for a gpu 4 times more powerful if it is possible to do the same exercise ;) maybe in 720p?   :hysterical:

CPFD ;)

I'm still waiting for your video Sreen Flow or Quick Time will be simpler ;)

I think for Nvidia there is only the video problem on OS X- if you need that 4K+ video playback :)

Running OpenGL, Metal and OpenCL with newer nvidia gpus (Maxwell+) it is not a problem - its mostly mostly faster than AMD.

I say this not as an nvidia freak but this thread goes to video problems with nvidia (4K+ 30Hz+)  and not OpenGL & OpenCL Speed -was the main question was!!!! 

https://gfxbench.com/result.jsp?benchmark=gfx40&test=754&text-filter=&order=median&ff-desktop=true&ff-lmobile=true&ff-smobile=true&os-OS_X_gl=true&os-OS_X_metal=true&pu-dGPU=true&pu-iGPU=true&pu-GPU=true&arch-ARM=true&arch-x86=true&base=device

You see, even Nvidia Pascal gpu (10xx gpus) OS X webdrivers are beta (main problem: bugs using some Adobe + Apple Apps) , they perform very well. Last year the List  (nvidia Kepler/maxwell gpus) looks other :)

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-07-22 um 10.59.37.jpg

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-07-22 um 10.59.50.jpg

hello,

le problème n'est pas là, nV sont de bon GPU mais il y a des softwares complètement étanche à ses performances, la GTX 1050 fait 7000 points au test LuxMark et 120 fps au test GFX Metal, 60 fps à GFX OpenGL et 35 fps à Particle, des performances OpenGL supérieur à une HD 7950 !!  mais la réalité en utilisation courante est une calamité, impossible de visualiser une vidéo correctement avec QuickTime ou VLC, aucune accélération graphique et ceux aussi sur CPU Intel, j'ai eu une GTX 950 avec un i7 et les résultats aussi mauvais avec VLC ou QuickTime :(  

ce n'est pas possible, une aussi mauvaise prise en charge, l'histoire du choix du CPU n'a rien à voir.

Hello,

The problem is not there, nV are good GPU but there are softwares completely waterproof to its performance, the GTX 1050 makes 7000 points to the LuxMark test and 120 fps to the GFX Metal test, 60 fps to GFX OpenGL and 35 fps To Particle, OpenGL performance superior to an HD 7950 !! But the reality in everyday use is a calamity, impossible to view a video correctly with QuickTime or VLC, no graphics acceleration and those also on Intel CPU, I had a GTX 950 with an i7 and the results as bad with VLC or QuickTime :(

This is not possible, such poor support, the history of the choice of the CPU has nothing to do.

https://youtu.be/CcSCmDtETRI

@DSOS

All posts must be clearly written and easy to read. For example, if you have long blocks of text, enclose it in BBCode; if you have code, use a code box, etc. Limit "empty lines" as much as possible, use punctuation where you can and be concise. Posts may be edited for this reasons by InsanelyMac staff at their discretion.

You do not have to split a simple single line phrase into a several paragraphs!   ;)   Also, it may be a good idea for papiercul & you to continue your discussion in private and then comeback here with real feedback related to this topic???

Thank you for your understanding.

BR

fantomas1

• Like 2

to put things together :

Nvidia has (as some told) problems with videos (HD+ videos play not as good as AMD - at least if you dont have highend i7 cpu).

OpenCL, Metal (faster OpenGL and also has gpu compute features like OpenCL) and OpenGL works like on AMD

@DSOS

You do not have to split a simple single line phrase into a several paragraphs!   ;)   Also, it may be a good idea for papiercul & you to continue your discussion in private and then comeback here with real feedback related to this topic???

Thank you for your understanding.

BR

fantomas1

hello fantomas,

tu as raison, cela ne sert strictement à rien, si certaine personne se contente de benchs pour penser que cela fonctionne bien et bien tant mieux pour eux :)  

cdt. Gilles

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

sorry mate i don't speak french, i do like french people, specially pretty french girls, but if you are on an english forum please try to write in english, if you have something to say, say it so i can understand what you are saying and i can reply back, i'm not writing in spanish right, i'm telling you in english so you can understand.

You mix everything, it's not nV versus AMD, talk about you do not interfere with me and what do French girls do in the discussion?

Please note that I have bought a GTX Pascal to understand the performance problems, it is a GPU that serves me nothing in normal time, it serves me just to test and understand the poor performance of these GPU macOS, I go back Just the problems encountered ;)

• Like 1

Maybe this your answer is more precise and correctly related for original question of thread owner

Yes !! :)

This does not prevent us from seeking or improving the various problems that many people seem to ignore or not see. The CPU may limit some performance but not at this point, especially since before my CPU Ryzen, I had the same problems with an i7 3930 o/c to 3.8 Ghz and a maxwell 950 GTX, as the author of the subject , I want to understand and improve if possible :)

correct..otherwise why are we here (on a Hackintosh forum)?

But playback criticism are not real for me ...because rig I have has done cry many real Mac user (avid, Final Cut, premiere pro, cinema 4d..and so on)

I hope AMD/Nvidia produce many CPU/GPU and I hope they really compete to have all of us many benefit.. (illusion)

Is that we are all looking :) but I do not understand the drivers coded with the feet !! ??

I appreciate the performance, the silence and the freshness of the computer hardware but this black point is frustrating.

My HD 7950 works really well on macOS but I do not need a second heating for home !! :D

• Like 1

not only drivers..

OS/windows/apps and so on..

it is more simple to have greater clocks and cores than optimizing code..they have to push our money every day for new "powerful" hardware and new powerful features

:-(

:)

I'm not demanding, I just want my GTX 950/1050 to work as well as a HD 6670 LP, the HD 6670 fan makes noise !! When the HD 7950, it is noisy and heats up a lot :)

There is one other important point or difference between the two brands. With AMD cards, I have enjoyed every Sierra beta update without major bugs (since August 2016, 2-3 per month) and for Polaris RX cards it just gets better with each update. For Nvidia cards you are stuck in public release mode between updates waiting for Web Driver updates to the OSX update. High Sierra, anyone, 1080, 1080, 1080? With the lilukext and whatevergreenkext (disgruntled Nvidia fan?) Polaris cards as well as most newer models of AMD cards are supported without IGPU. Even without the kexts and using IGPU High Sierra now has full audio support for Polaris cards. Apple has chosen its partner, unfortunately it's not Nvidia. Nvidia has a larger selection of higher performance cards to offer.

DSOS, When you mention using a Intel CPU versus a AMD because apple uses them, why would that same principle not apply to Graphics? Apple doesn't use newer Nvidia GPUs they are a bastardization like the Ryzen CPU in OSX. This is a point that gets lost in the overwhelming fandome of green versus red teams.

Now that Apple has gone with AMD for the last 3 software versions Nvidia support is getting more and more difficult. Maybe if the new metal 2 and apples announced " more" open design direction will allow Nvidia drivers to work better and not suffer from OSX update issues. Hopefully, and I do mean this, apple will use a Pascal or Volta GPU soon so that Nvidia can get their foot back in the door for "NATIVE" support in OSX like AMD has now. Nvidia has much more resources for Driver support and if apple was a customer they would be on it.

• Like 2

The problem is that nV believes itself alone with the video games market, nV is alone without real concurrency and do not want to give anything (they are donkeys from my point of view) Video games, I do not care! They know how to make powerful, silent GPUs that do not heat much, what a mess, on the contrary, if AMD GPU comes back in the race, the tone may change, it's not for tomorrow as Vega will remain underneath.

I will still keep my GTX 1050 a little while hoping that it goes off with macOS 10.14 !!

There is one other important point or difference between the two brands. With AMD cards, I have enjoyed every Sierra beta update without major bugs (since August 2016, 2-3 per month) and for Polaris RX cards it just gets better with each update. For Nvidia cards you are stuck in public release mode between updates waiting for Web Driver updates to the OSX update. High Sierra, anyone, 1080, 1080, 1080? With the lilukext and whatevergreenkext (disgruntled Nvidia fan?) Polaris cards as well as most newer models of AMD cards are supported without IGPU. Even without the kexts and using IGPU High Sierra now has full audio support for Polaris cards. Apple has chosen its partner, unfortunately it's not Nvidia. Nvidia has a larger selection of higher performance cards to offer.

DSOS, When you mention using a Intel CPU versus a AMD because apple uses them, why would that same principle not apply to Graphics? Apple doesn't use newer Nvidia GPUs they are a bastardization like the Ryzen CPU in OSX. This is a point that gets lost in the overwhelming fandome of green versus red teams.

Now that Apple has gone with AMD for the last 3 software versions Nvidia support is getting more and more difficult. Maybe if the new metal 2 and apples announced " more" open design direction will allow Nvidia drivers to work better and not suffer from OSX update issues. Hopefully, and I do mean this, apple will use a Pascal or Volta GPU soon so that Nvidia can get their foot back in the door for "NATIVE" support in OSX like AMD has now. Nvidia has much more resources for Driver support and if apple was a customer they would be on it.

Very good summary of the situation! 

The future will show if Nvidia further invest time (human work) and money (for them :) ) to support OS X without having any sale (= money back) to Apple  - only to hackintosh users.

But for now - we can und must  life with that.

PS: barefeat (Rob) has testet very interesting Metal bench MacPros (also Hacks) vs iMac 5K. Nvidia isnt bad :)

http://barefeats.com/imac5K_metal.html