Thinkpad T510 - Audio Issue (CX20585)

caspdin

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

For the past few days, I have been trying to get the audio working on my ThinkPad T510 with macOS Sierra. I have read all of the guides on the forum, I can link them if anyone needs them, and I still have no audio. As far as I know, the T510 uses the Conexant CX20585. For most people, this seems to work with kexts they have posted. Below are the methods I tried:

- Using .kext s people have provided under Guides and Downloads on the InsanelyMac forum.       Not Working

- Modifying AppleHDA through Clover.                                                                                                Not Working

- Try other verison of Mac OS X (Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks).                                       Not Working

This has led me to believe that I am ether completely missing a step in a guide, or I am doing something wrong. Or, that my specific ThinkPad T510 uses a different audio codec.

Any help I can get, will be appreciated. I hope someone here could help me.

Thanks In Advance.

hello

have u try this ?

make a copy from ur original applehda.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

good hack

Thanks for the response, one problem is, I never made a copy of the original AppleHDA.kext file, is there a place I could find it?

UPDATE

Ok so using the utility provided above, I get the following error:

Choosen codec is Conexant CX20585

Checking 18 range comparisons between 11d4198b and 14f15069

No codec range comparisons require patching

config.plist created and copied to ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/!

HDAEnabler.kext created with layout-id 3!

Patching 11d4198b with 14f15069 codec

No substitutions made (already patched?), nothing done.

Again, this leads me to believe that my ThinkPad T510 has a completely different audio codec. With the CX 20585 patch applied, I still have no sound. Headphones pluged in, still no sound. Anymore ideas?

Ok, I think no error this time. Used original AppleHDA.kext , seemed to complete fine. This is the log:

Choosen codec is Conexant CX20585

Checking 14 range comparisons between 11d4198b and 14f15069

No codec range comparisons require patching

config.plist created and copied to ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/!

HDAEnabler.kext created with layout-id 3!

Patching 11d4198b with 14f15069 codec

occurrences 1 of 2 expected patched!

occurrences 2 of 2 expected patched!

AppleHDA binary succesfully patched!

layout3.xml.zlib patched!

Platforms.xml.zlib patched!

AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist patched!

AppleHDA.kext copied to ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/!

aDummyHDA.kext generated successfully (copied to ~/Desktop/MironeAudio/)!

Mirone use layout-id 3 for laptop's codecs,

Instead for Desktop's codecs:

layout-id 5 for 3 ports supported (Pink, Green, Blue).

layout-id 7 for 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue).

layout-id 9 for 5/6 ports supported (Grey, Black, Orange, Pink, Green, Blue, CodecAddress: 2).

Use that to activate  AppleHDA.kext using DSDT.aml, HDAEnabler.kext, Clover patches or Enoch embedded HDAEnabler!

Targhet AppleHDA.kext reset to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext.

For further sessions, drag your vanilla kext to patch for

specific version! 

I will post an update after the restart.

Ok, sadly no audio still. Now, I have always seen this since my first Audio driver attempt, in Verbose Mode. This happens at the end of the boot, it states AppleHDAController Sound Assertion errors. There has been about 14 of them. Could this be causing me to not have audio. If so, would it be nessisary for me to reinstall macOS Sierra?

Also,

hello

have u follow this ?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274218-guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t510510i-plus-t410-and-w510-106-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/

the patcher app need a untouched kext applehda (a virgin one) ahahaha

get it from ur installer

good hack

I have used that guide to get Sierra installed on the T510 and sill no audio.

I should also state if I try to update to macOS Sierra 11.12.5, I will get a kernel panic on boot up.

NEW PROBLEM

Problems never stop, the ThinkPad has now hibernated and I can not get it to boot in to macOS.  It is now refusing to boot, any suggestions along with audio?

• 5 months later...

Again, this leads me to believe that my ThinkPad T510 has a completely different audio codec. With the CX 20585 patch applied, I still have no sound. Headphones pluged in, still no sound. Anymore ideas?

Not a different codec. Different pin-config and different layout-mapping...

UPDATE I have fully gotten the ThinkPad to where I need it to be. I would like to thank everyone for the help they provided.

All I used was AppleHDA disabler and VoodooHDA. Seems to work on any laptop I use.