Clover feature request: include plist configuration files

simmel

4 posts in this topic

Maintaining multiple hackintosh systems sharing parts of configuration would be easier if there was the possibility to include configuration files:

<key>Include</key>
<dict>
   <key>plist</key>
   <string>SMBIOS.plist</string>
   <key>plist</key>
   <string>CustomBootEntries.plist</string>
</dict>

I think this would be a comfortable improvement.

Greetings from Germany!

• Like 1

There is already a similar feature implemented within CLOVER:

just drop multiple "config.plist" files into your CLOVER folder with different settings like:

config_injectATItrue.plist

config_injectATIfalse.plist

etc.

than in main CLOVER boot screen move to OPTIONS, hit ENTER:

clover_1.jpg

than select "configs":

clover_2.jpg

choose the config file you want to boot from and hit "return" as long as you are back to main screen. than hit Enter to boot with selected config file:

clover_3.jpg

i think, this should do the same you requested.

Thank you for your reply. I know there is this way to use different Clover configuration files as an alternative to config.plist. But my intention is to simplify Clover administration for a set of similar hackintoshes with slightly diffenent hardware setups without bothering the user. Let's say you have two almost identical hackintoshes, one with AMD and one with NVIDIA GPU. Now, if there was a new Clover option affecting only one of the graphics cards, like "Graphics/BootDisplay", i would not have to touch config.plist, but only, let's say, graphics.plist. On a third system I could use exactly the same config.plist and graphics.plist, but a different SMBIOS.plist. It's more like sourcing files in a bash script to benefit of file snippets that can be reused. And including plist files would be a very flexible way to achieve that.

• 3 months later...