T520 Sierra - HD3000 3MB 1024x768 (Clover Bootloader)

JasonC

45 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm having issues with the resolution on a Thinkintosh I'm setting up.

I followed this guide to install OSX: T420 OSX UEFI Install Guide

Laptop Specs:

-Lenovo T520

-i5 2520M CPU

--Intel HD3000 GPU

---1366x768 Screen

-8GB RAM

I followed the guide but my screen resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and the GPU is listed as Intel HD Graphics 3000 3 MB

I'm using Clover(UEFI Only) as a BootLoader is that helps at all...

If anyone has a similar setup or had to face this issue please share how you fixed it, that'd be much appreciated.

Hey guys, I'm having issues with the resolution on a Thinkintosh I'm setting up.

I followed this guide to install OSX: T420 OSX UEFI Install Guide

Laptop Specs:

-Lenovo T520

-i5 2520M CPU

--Intel HD3000 GPU

---1366x768 Screen

-8GB RAM

I followed the guide but my screen resolution is stuck at 1024x768 and the GPU is listed as Intel HD Graphics 3000 3 MB

I'm using Clover(UEFI Only) as a BootLoader is that helps at all...

If anyone has a similar setup or had to face this issue please share how you fixed it, that'd be much appreciated.

Please post Clover folder.

• Like 1

Your CLOVER folder is a mess.

Which config.plist are you using?

Why do you have extra folders? ACPI.T420s

Which version of macOS are you trying to install/configure?

I'm using the config.plist file, the ACPI.T420s folder is basically useless, I just deleted it and cleaned up that folder a bit.. ill reupload

https://ufile.io/ledi4

Please check my previous reply again i edited it.

Your CLOVER folder is a mess.

Which config.plist are you using?

Why do you have extra folders? ACPI.T420s

Which version of macOS are you trying to install/configure?

Are you actually using the DSDT and SSDT's provided in the T420 guide?

I'm using Sierra 10.12.3 and I'm using the dsdt and ssdts from the t420 guide, I attempted to patch the dsdt with an HD 3000 low res patch with MaciASL but it didn't really change anything...

I'm using Sierra 10.12.3 and I'm using the dsdt and ssdts from the t420 guide, I attempted to patch the dsdt with an HD 3000 low res patch with MaciASL but it didn't really change anything...

Ok, well you should never use a DSDT that was created for another system especially one that is different from yours.

Remove ALL DSDT and SSDT that you did not create from your original extracted and reboot. You can keep SSDT.aml if you generated it with Pikes script.

Ok, well you should never use a DSDT that was created for another system especially one that is different from yours.

Remove ALL DSDT and SSDT that you did not create from your original extracted and reboot. You can keep SSDT.aml if you generated it with Pikes script.

I deleted all of the dsdt/ssdt stuff and rebooted, now the battery info has problems but I suspect I just need to patch some files?

Here's the current Clover folder

https://ufile.io/z7tva

I deleted all of the dsdt/ssdt stuff and rebooted, now the battery info has problems but I suspect I just need to patch some files?

Here's the current Clover folder

https://ufile.io/z7tva

In future can you use the site attachments please.

Did you just extract those DSDT / SSDT from Clover? F4 at menu?

Try the attached config.plist and see how screen resolution goes.

Back up your config.plist first.

Yes we can fix your battery after.

config.plist.zip

In future can you use the site attachments please.

Did you just extract those DSDT / SSDT from Clover? F4 at menu?

Try the attached config.plist and see how screen resolution goes.

Back up your config.plist first.

Yes we can fix your battery after.

I used your config.plist but nothing changed... 1024x768 in clover and OSX.

I got my DSDT/SSDT files from F4 in clover. I applied the hd3000 low patch from maciASL but nothing changed...

my clover folder is attached with my aml files

CLOVER.zip

I used your config.plist but nothing changed... 1024x768 in clover and OSX.

I got my DSDT/SSDT files from F4 in clover. I applied the hd3000 low patch from maciASL but nothing changed...

Ok try this whole CLOVER folder, backup your first.

The only patch applied to DSDT is hopefully for battery, let me know if it works.

CLOVER.zip

Ok try this whole CLOVER folder, backup your first.

The only patch applied to DSDT is hopefully for battery, let me know if it works.

There was a kernel panic from that one relevant to ACPI Devices or something

Remove the DSDT and try again.

I removed the dsdt file, no patched files anymore, I cleaned up the folders and made it as kosher as possible, the only "external" file is the config.plist that came from you. This setup boots but no battery percentage,  wrong resolution etc. 

if it makes any difference, the screen is detected as a connected projector called "Lenovo LCD"

I have the same computer and did the same steps and one resulted in the same 1024x768 resolution and when I patched DSDT it Kernel Panicked due to ACPI. This laptop is a pain!

nice to know I'm not the only one but I can't help but want to put OS X on this beautifully built piece of tech, what BIOS do you have?

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

I removed the dsdt file, no patched files anymore, I cleaned up the folders and made it as kosher as possible, the only "external" file is the config.plist that came from you. This setup boots but no battery percentage, wrong resolution etc. if it makes any difference, the screen is detected as a connected projector called "Lenovo LCD"

nice to know I'm not the only one but I can't help but want to put OS X on this beautifully built piece of tech, what BIOS do you have?

I have version 1.39. I cannot seem to stop the kernel panic now as I replaced the DSDT with the old one and it stills KP's. I also am using Chameleon with the MBR partition scheme, so some of these files won't help me. I have my own thread about the same issue. Hope yours is resolved!

I have version 1.39. I cannot seem to stop the kernel panic now as I replaced the DSDT with the old one and it stills KP's.

reinstall clover from scratch, either copy the files from the t420 guide or use the installer, delete/rename your old clover folder though, prevent cross contamination.