HDMI output MacBookPro 15 2015 SMBios

dzid31

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I found almost ideal smbios for my hp notebook -> MacBook Pro 15 2015 (11,5). "Almost" because everything works just perfect except HDMI output - it's gone :o On MacBook Pro 11,1 everything works but it has terrible ~ 30sec lag when i boot up device (mouse and keyboard freezes, jumping when moving around, after that its OK). When I plug monitor to HDMI port nothing happens on 11,5 - no changes in IGPU, no other display shows up in IORegistry (on 11,1 its on 0105 and clover patch works). You have any idea how to bring HDMI output to 11,5?

Thanks in advance 

'bit messy, isn't it? Especially on the ACPI tables front... Are all those tables in ACPI/patched folder really patched tables? Because if they're ain't you don't need to place any tables there; the boot loader is perfectly able to read/load tables from BIOS...

2 comments though:

1) you're not dropping SSDT tables with id CpuCst and Cpu0Ist. I suggest you do.

2) you don't appear to use a generated SSDT for CPUPM; that'll dramatically reduce system performance. I suggest you generate your CPU specific SSDT and copy it under file name "ssdt.aml" in ACPI/patched folder.

1) if i drop the tables, i have 2 gpu's inside my "about mac" -> intel 4400 and nvidia graphics which lowers my battery life span (about 2 hours vs 7 hours !). When I do not drop tables its only hd 4400 - don't know why ;(

2) what do you mean ? how can i generate it?

:whistle: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

If you've not generated your CPU power management SSDT, you basically cannot have proper CPU speedstepping. That means:

1. no intermediate speeds between LFM (lowest CPU speed) and HFM (highest nominal frequency)
  2. no turbo boost

Until you generate your CPU-specific SSDT, your system will experience poorer performance than what you'd be entitled to expect.

Did as u said, rearranged my ssdt, added speedstep ssdt, used dropssdt. When on MacBook i have this ~30sec login freezes, but on iMac they aren't appear -> in activity monitor on MacBook shows mdworker and assistant_Service overload my cpu ~100%, which not happens on iMac (but here battery speedstep doesn't exist - always min. 1,8 gHz instead of 0,8 gHz).

Edit: it seems that's usb 3.0 issue, but don't know how to manage.