Skylake-X Testing (i7-7800X i7-7820X i9-7900X)

stinga11

147 posts in this topic

Can you upload clover full log? I want to see your system.

Thanks in advance

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

As in the clover folder?

Or is there some way to produce a log?

Sorry for the simple question Sherlock.

As in the clover folder?

Or is there some way to produce a log?

Sorry for the simple question Sherlock.

No clover folder.

Just clover full log. If you use clover configurator, get boot log and save to desktop.

Upload file thanks

• Like 1

No clover folder.

Just clover full log. If you use clover configurator, get boot log and save to desktop.

Upload file thanks

Wow cool.

You learn new stuff every day...

If you find things to make it work better let me know!

bootlog.log.txt

• Like 1

Wow cool.

You learn new stuff every day...

If you find things to make it work better let me know!

attachicon.gifbootlog.log.txt

I will check your system log.

I alway wonder new cpu and system log. And if i find some issue or info, its very help.

Sorry for my bad english

Thank you for log again.

• Like 2

I will check your system log.

I alway wonder new cpu and system log. And if i find some issue or info, its very help.

Sorry for my bad english

Thank you for log again.

Thank you kind man :)

There will be a lot of issues. haha.

Your English is great.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Any suggestions for 7820x on MSI x299 SLI with gtx780
I stuck with this

Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi 

Using reloc block no, hibernate wake no 

Error allocating 0x12b50 pages at 0x000000001b67a000 alloc type 2

Couldn't allocate runtime area 

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting. 

In attacheent is my clover.zip

Please help

What's wrong?

CLOVER.zip

Hi All

I tried to install Sierra on my 7900x (mb: GIGABYTE AORUS ULTRA GAMING X299) like "surfinchina"

but he share clover from High Sierra so we can"t use the same clover :(
I was thinking it will be works because we have the same CPU and almost same MB
without GPU § he have AMD and I have GTX 1070

Now I have the same problem like Quadro78:

Result = 14

Freeing low memory (up to 0x20000000)...

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi

Using reloc block no, hibernate wake no 

Error allocating 0x12475 pages at 0x000000001b2b0000 alloc type 2

Couldn't allocate runtime area 

Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting.

(I think, we have the same Clover with quadro - downloaded few posts ago :)

"surfinchina" - Do you have your old Clover copy from Soerra install -before High Sierra?
or some ideas for us? - I tried everything whole day and I have absolutely no idea what I do wrong ...

Thank you for sharing any info/ideas, tips...

• Like 1

I found https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

so ... delete all aptio... files
1st I tried with his: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi --- starts to boot... 2 sec = BLACK screen and reboot
2nd option OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and his  Test2.efi = the same error like before (...0x12474 pages .....)

then i tried ...free2000 with his old Test2016 file and still the same error.

I found https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

so ... delete all aptio... files

1st I tried with his: OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi --- starts to boot... 2 sec = BLACK screen and reboot

2nd option OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and his Test2.efi = the same error like before (...0x12474 pages .....)

then i tried ...free2000 with his old Test2016 file and still the same error.

I have the same experience :/

Unfortunately.

Maybe this is Msi Bios problem. I had disable: xpm, vtech, virtualization, and cgf lock

Unfortunately.

Maybe this is Msi Bios problem. I had disable: xpm, vtech, virtualization, and cgf lock

I don't think so... it's almost the same problem with ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and others...

This time I was thinking: I found some old topics and sometimes it was GPU problem

So I rebuild my USB, new Clover, then new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] config with Nvidia and.... - nothing

then I tried without nvidia inject and always the same problem .....

I still try to find other versions of OsxAptioFix... but with last 4 downloaded -every time his the same effect.

It could be nice if some Mackintosh Masters -come here and give us some advices :)

because after 16h of tests my head is on fire :P

Unfortunately.

I don't think so... it's almost the same problem with ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and others...

This time I was thinking: I found some old topics and sometimes it was GPU problem

So I rebuild my USB, new Clover, then new ##### config with Nvidia and.... - nothing

then I tried without nvidia inject and always the same problem .....

I still try to find other versions of OsxAptioFix... but with last 4 downloaded -every time his the same effect.

It could be nice if some Mackintosh Masters -come here and give us some advices :)

because after 16h of tests my head is on fire :P

Edit: I did an install from scratch, Using the config.plist I'll attach below as clovernew.

I made a USB install for high Sierra beta. You need the full beta in your applications - 5 odd gigabytes.

It worked fine after a couple of reboots.

You need to experiment with your bios and make sure CSM is disabled, you need to experiment with your graphics because it isn't the same as mine and you need to not use bold letters or expect answers from us, we just try our best and experiment as you should do too.

good luck with your hack :)

Thankyou.

CLOVERNEW.zip

I sort of found a clover for you - it was my old X99, I used it with the X299 with a fake CPUID to get it going. Then I thought I'd just try it first. It didn't work.

Then when I deleted that EFI and tried to put the good EFI back in it said there wasn't enough space on the disk! WTF haha.

Anyway, so it was only my emergency backup SSD but I'll have to somehow fix the EFI partition.

I'll give you my old clover. The drivers 64 might help and won't hurt.

Some of the kexts might help and might hurt. Some of the patches for kexts and kernel might help.

the Fake CPUID of 0x0506E4 is required for the 7900x anyway. It might help for other Skylake Xs. - in Sierra that is. They're not needed for HS.

Usually when I had that boot failed thing is was the OsxAptio problem, 2 of those drivers seemed to work better - you'll see what I mean if you look at the drivers.

If you search how to install high Sierra easiest method I used that method to install, you need to remember to manually copy the boot.efi as he describes otherwise you'll get the boot failed 10 sec message.

Good luck!!

CLOVER.zip

Thx surfinchina,

i find it earlier, btw when i start install beta i see white apple logo, after 3 sec, screen was black and shows txt:

was error, press any key

*hit any kay to continue*

i dont know where is problem. 

is there any log file?

I am testing an Asus x299 mobo also atm for a friend. (Tuf mark I). Same problems. The gigabyte was easier. Try to boot verbose, It will show the same allocation error.

I had the Asus tuf and also the gigabyte MATX in X99. And that's why I got the gigabyte X299 now :P

The USB DAC in the gigabyte rocks!

Yesterday I was experimenting and got that same fail to boot when I ticked -XCPM.

There's an Asus fix somewhere in the clover? maybe it's not quite ready for X299?? Maybe it's not needed...

I've noticed less is better with the X299 and almost everything is unticked on my clover. Do need voodooTSC with the cpu thread count minus 1 arg in it's plist.

<key>VoodooTSCSync</key>

<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>org_voodoo_driver_VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>19</integer>

(for my 7900 is 19)

Anyway, good luck with the testing Menno.

• Like 1

I had the Asus tuf and also the gigabyte MATX in X99. And that's why I got the gigabyte X299 now :P

The USB DAC in the gigabyte rocks!

Yesterday I was experimenting and got that same fail to boot when I ticked -XCPM.

There's an Asus fix somewhere in the clover? maybe it's not quite ready for X299?? Maybe it's not needed...

I've noticed less is better with the X299 and almost everything is unticked on my clover. Do need voodooTSC with the cpu thread count minus 1 arg in it's plist.

<key>VoodooTSCSync</key>

<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>org.voodoo.driver.VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>org_voodoo_driver_VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>VoodooTSCSync</string>
<key>IOPropertyMatch</key>
<dict>
<key>IOCPUNumber</key>
<integer>19</integer>

(for my 7900 is 19)

Anyway, good luck with the testing Menno.

Yes you still need the voodooTSCSync. I'll try to let it free up more memory in the source of the OsxAptio fix and recompile to see if it makes any difference. 

@Quadro78 How my PCIe devices do you have installed?

Ok I tried some stuff no allocation errors anymore but instant reboot after injecting kexts / applying patches (the +++++) (booting the kernel). Tried every option in clover with the kernel but with no luck. I'll give it another try tomorrow evening.

Ok I tried some stuff no allocation errors anymore but instant reboot after injecting kexts / applying patches (the +++++) (booting the kernel). Tried every option in clover with the kernel but with no luck. I'll give it another try tomorrow evening.

Ok make sure your fake SMC kext doesn't have any plugins.