Dell XPS 13 9350 post-install issues

DeWo

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

So, I've been doing this for years but I'm slowly starting to give up on the XPS 13 as I have no idea how to resolve the issues I have with said device.

My Dell has a 1820A wireless card, which is basically a BCM4350 (PCIID: 14E4:43A3). It's supposed to run almost out of the box, with a little help of RehabMan's FakePCIID. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Sierra 10.12.5 sees the device (correctly, as AirPort) but I can't manage to turn it on. I've read that the Wi-Fi needs to be turned on in Windows and then the state should persist after the reboot. It's not the case here.

The other problem also connects to the 1820A - it's Bluetooth. Installing BrcmFirmware and Patch into /S/L/E gets the kexts loaded into the system, but Bluetooth doesn't even show up in System Preferences.

I've tried installing everything using my own experience, as well as guides and scripts made specifically for my device. None of them fixes my problems.

Does anyone have any idea as to where the problem lays?

My Clover folder is attached to the post.

• 3 weeks later...

An update: I've managed to get Bluetooth working by disabling (sic) Wireless Switch in BIOS settings. However, nothing changed about Wi-Fi even though it's the same chip. I'll appreciate any help with the issue.