[RELEASE] Open-source Clover fork with Ryzen support

shawnanastasio

216 posts in this topic

Man, you should give me serious help or it's better to give up... 

@Ciro82,

Let's all calm down and see what we can do to help you... In case you don't know Bronya is one of the wizards that are making this possible (AMD CPU's are not supposed to be used with macOS and thanks to him we are enjoying it).

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll see what I can do to help you better.

• Like 2

And I know that Bronya's work is awesome, but "remove DSDT from config.plist" sounds like a joke...

I understand how you feel, however we need to maintain a good spirit in the conversation. With that said, let's keep it clean.

Let me ask you: Did you already had a working ryzen hackintosh running and are just trying to test the latest clover Bronya has been working on?

Or are you trying to get it installed fresh?

I understand how you feel, however we need to maintain a good spirit in the conversation. With that said, let's keep it clean.

Let me ask you: Did you already had a working ryzen hackintosh running and are just trying to test the latest clover Bronya has been working on?

Or are you trying to get it installed fresh?

Fresh install, I can't get passed the USB controller error, tried every possible ways, even by installing the OS using another machine on the Ryzen SSD...

No way, the usb error persists...

Fresh install, I can't get passed the USB controller error, tried every possible ways, even by installing the OS using another machine on the Ryzen SSD...

What error usb ? 

I can see by your profile that you are an expert hackintosher, I know you are so don't get offended with what I'm going to say.

At least skim through this guide to see If there is something that you are forgetting: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/page-1

Hackintoshing a Ryzen computer requires some tampering with the kernel. Also, the installer drive is  a little  different than for an Intel. So give it a quick once over and see if you can find the culprit.

@Bronya

I'm testing your new clover bootloader Release candidates, they work just fine, however, i don't know what is the difference from the old one. What should i look for?

I can see by your profile that you are an expert hackintosher, I know you are so don't get offended with what I'm going to say.

At least skim through this guide to see If there is something that you are forgetting: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/page-1

Hackintoshing a Ryzen computer requires some tampering with the kernel. Also, the installer drive is a little different than for an Intel. So give it a quick once over and see if you can find the culprit.

Are you wondering if I used the modified Kernel? well the reply is Yes.

I did all the stuff to make the installer for Ryzen....

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

so after your fresh install your not able to boot?? once you install you have to replace the library files and the extensions, frameworks, and kernels like you did the usb... and make sure you are you using correct npci

I can see by your profile that you are an expert hackintosher, I know you are so don't get offended with what I'm going to say.

At least skim through this guide to see If there is something that you are forgetting: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/page-1

Hackintoshing a Ryzen computer requires some tampering with the kernel. Also, the installer drive is a little different than for an Intel. So give it a quick once over and see if you can find the culprit.

@Bronya

I'm testing your new clover bootloader Release candidates, they work just fine, however, i don't know what is the difference from the old one. What should i look for?

yes i was wondering my self that too.... is there any performance enchantment?

Ok bye, and thank you...

I'll solve the issue by myself.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322268-help-topic-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra/

just follow tutorial you'll be fine. it took me a couple tries but everything you need is in that tutorial you can't skip steps

sorry this one is the right one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/tags/forums/Ryzen%2BClover%2BGuide/

you demand help because you want it fixed now? we're trying our best to guide you in the right drirection and you keep refusing, i didn't have any issues installing on fresh disk (not cloned) so hopefully you can figure it out good luck!!

You gotta be kidding me.... but it's ok, no worries....

Please try to keep the topic friendly. This topic is aimed at Clover development for Ryzen not USB issue.

Anyway have you tried modifying the BIOS setting for USB at all?

• Like 1

Please try to keep the topic friendly. This topic is aimed at Clover development for Ryzen not USB issue.

Anyway have you tried modifying the BIOS setting for USB at all?

Hi Shaneee, sorry for my OT, can you remove all my posts?