NEW VERSION! "nebukadnezar" reloaded AMD + INTEL supported

semthex

165 posts in this topic

Info about SSE2 dev so far:

I just switched to another approach to get SSE2 working, since runtime patching has been proven to slow entire OSx down to the bare knees even written in ASM and is not considered a stable solution (you liked 8086?). The old technique was close to things like i.e. game emulation does but no way. I now start woking on a more promising approach, just hang on, I want to finish before the next bad step of Apple will follow recent license change.

Lucida FYI im not using gigabyte software

under windows im using speedfast wich is and has been vry good for me

and under OSX temperature monitor wich seems very relliable

btw my temps

39 c with daemonES kernel

52 c with semthex kernel

37 c sppedfan under windows

34 c using gigabyte own probe

An my system is closed my fasn are running silently andf the air coming out is pretty cool.

@ Semthex or DaemonEshow did Maxxuss manged teh SSE2 emulation?

Lucida FYI im not using gigabyte software

under windows im using speedfast wich is and has been vry good for me

and under OSX temperature monitor wich seems very relliable

btw my temps

39 c with daemonES kernel

52 c with semthex kernel

37 c sppedfan under windows

34 c using gigabyte own probe

An my system is closed my fasn are running silently andf the air coming out is pretty cool.

@ Semthex or DaemonEshow did Maxxuss manged teh SSE2 emulation?

Thats strange...I get same temp with DaemonES and semthex kernel...So seems that DaemonES kernel have no "overheat" problem in your system?

And, I still suggest you to try TAT and to see whats the output.

So, now now I interrupted dev on sse3 emu and reviewed code with someone just to be sure. We came to the conculsion that nothing beside possibly powermangment may cause this since there is nothing changed what can cause such a issue. No and nothing with BIOS or something which can cause such a issue was changed. I also asked someone with core 2 to recheck this again with external heat meassurement who could not find any problem.

Btw. I still wonder how you meassure 39C on a working system, all ppl I asked got at least 40+ even with windows or anything else.

You might want to read this and think about these values:

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?...t=maxtemp.shtml

In Terminal

sir-matthews-computer:~ matthew$ clear

Bus error

I get this error for all users.

You people getting this with all kernels

sir-matthews-computer:~ matthew$ uname -a

Darwin sir-matthews-computer.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Tue Nov 7 23:31:28 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

My old dual core opteron165@2.7G also runs around 40C idle and 50c load(room temp 28C). Well, same cooler, same room, C2D is simply ~20C higher.

Basically, comparing temperature of AMD(or even intel p4) with C2D is just meaningless.

Semthex has requested this thread to be closed, he will be starting another one soon.