NEW VERSION! "nebukadnezar" reloaded AMD + INTEL supported

semthex

165 posts in this topic

Guest bikedude880
...as far as SSE2 support goes...if we get a functional/usable kernel... then does it not just become another project...I'd just like to see my ATiRage128 Pro UltraGL fully supported :(

I love how you go from the kernel to something that hardly pertains to the kernel... brilliant...

Sleep is broken in this kernel, for me at least. The machine will go to sleep(GeForce 7900 GS, full support with Titan), but will not wake up. Mifki's latest kernel seems to still sleep correctly though. :S

I tried "nebukadnezar" for several hours and then started having freezes and crashes every 15 minutes or so. I've reverted to the version from the JaS 10.4.8 install DVD and will see what happens.

Can you provide a error report via PN and it will be fixed if it is a kernel issue, but this error hasn't been encountered by anyone else yet.

I reported in one of the other threads and on the kernel irc that I had been having several apps crash using these kernels. The apps were safari, software update, script edit. This was in my test partition built per the faq instructions. Or, at least, I thought that's how it was built. Since my test partition was basically runing and could be used for repair work I decided to sacrifice my small maintenance partiton for testing.

I used the second jas-10.4.8-intel-sse3-install dvd, erased the partition and installed osx with one printer driver, no extra languages, 10.4.4 loginwindow and the usb audio patch.

When the system rebooted I went to my test partition instead. there I installed the "ci" kernel, AITRadeon8500 and Callisto + IONetworkingFamily + IOUSBfamily extensions and the SPPlatformreporting reporter. I modified the com.apple.Boot.plist to have a timeout value and then ran disk utility to fix permissions.

When I booted the new install partition everything pretty much just worked. The crashes are gone. The display resolutions are adjustable. My external USB drives are available. The network connection is what I am using now.

The only thing I have found so far is that the system profile does not report any pci cards. Still since my ethernet, usb and firewire are all on the same pci card and all are working - not much of a problem.

Many thanks to all who worked so long and hard to provide this new system.

I am using the ci version and it is working perfect, even sleep/awaken.

PCI cards sometimes get detected sometimes not randomly. (Always work tho).

Unable to boot gui safe mode, but that is a vid card issue (was there before since 10.4.6).

Thank you semthex ure a genius... I owe u plenty ;)

and JaS ure the great champion of this cause, bringing osx86 to the masses :)

How do I get this to work? After I downloaded it, i extract. What next?

I'm assuming the new mach_kernel is on your Desktop.

Boot into single-user mode (F8 then -s) and type:

mount -uw /
mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel.old
cp /Users/(your-user-name)/Desktop/mach_kernel /mach_kernel
chown root:wheel mach_kernel
chmod 644 mach_kernel
reboot

No luck for me :robot:

Del Latitude D520. T2300 1.66 Core Duo. Cpu Bus = 667Mhz. Ram Bus = 533Mhz

Using the new kernel (or the older ones), if I have both cores enabled I have the major lag/jerk/stutter. I've tried both fsb=167 and fsb=133 and its lag, and then things start crashing.

Disable one core, and things run nice and smooth.

Any ideas anyone? Please??? (also, with 1 core enabled, speed shows as 2.16ghz. Weird) You'd think that a chip that is used by Apple would work! :(

However, I cant get sound working either. Sigmatel 9220. Tried 10.4.7 patch for that as well.

10.4.7 Server (without server parts) upgraded to 10.4.8 via combo update (Paulicat method).

When I try to install 4.8 it needs external monitor plugged in. And makes a mess!

ok, i dropped this kernel into my system.

seems to be more stable than the previous one (semthex)

list my processor as a core duo :D

it seems i have alittle audio plyback when i move the mouse around?? kinda weird

I cannot open the date and time dialog

like a previous post, my realtek kext loads at random.

minor issues, i will try some different things tonight.

nice work overall!