Sierra on GA-Z170X-Designare (GPU 2x HD5850)

sad_Vamp

86 posts in this topic

OK, it worked! 

Now if I put back on the other SSD with W10 it should work, should cloverboot recognize it? Or it will be something else to done?

Also what about the second card? I assume is I just put it back, it will get the system back to the boot-loop. Any suggestions where to do a Research? :)

Sound from front works (backside will check soon), sleep seems to work also. I'm just downloading that luxmark to check the speed.  

If you want to dual boot with the windows it's a little bit more complicated unless you know what you are doing.

if you copy windows's EFI data inside the clover's EFI/Microsoft/ it should be able to detect the boot files from windows and you'll be able to boot into windows using clover boot loader.

google: "ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI Simple" and there's good guide on how two dual boot windows and macOS.

Remember to backup your existing working EFI folder for later use.

These are my luxmark results, are these ok for my setup?

I`ll read the guide later and try to make it happen :) (As you probably already noticed, I`m familiar with some stuff, but probably do not know enough)
Also will do some more testing if everything works as it should be. 

Then maybe we can do a recap what YOU really done (for which I`m very grateful), in case  someone with the same config wants to now. :)

Fenvi has hacintosh compatible WiFI/Bluetooth products. I haven't tested it myself but they claim that it's compatible. There are some other combo devices that you can find I'm not sure

but in general any Bluetooth 4.0 compatible USB adapters or even older dongles should be ok for bluetooth keyboard/mouse and trackpads.

• Like 1

I tried to put back the card -thinking only the install got the problem- but the boot-loop comes back. Currently I'm trying to search for anybody who sucessfully run OsX with dual graphics (my opinion is, that it should work, since MacPro has also 2 GPUs)

There are plenty of people that use dual gpus on their systems. It shouldn't be that complicated because i myself tested it before but I'm not sure why you get the loops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I don't think that your cards are damaged either it's just that we haven't found the solution to make them co-exist, at least not yet.

Update maybe by using a patched DSDT fro your config we can overcome the problem by separating the two GPUs we can rename them to GFX0 and GFX1.

What is the SMBIOS that you are using currently?

Oh, I see  :D

I chose the iMac17,1 SMBIOS because it's the closest SMBIOS to your hardware specially CPU. The original iMac17,1 has a SkyLake CPU, but you can test this SMBIOS and see if it works on your system.

Copy your existing EFI folder on another USB disk just incase that it didn't work. Plug in both GPUs boot from the USB disk and see how it goes,

config.plist MacPro6,1.zip

Well we might need to do some more research on the subject. I used two different GPUs to avoid the "Boot to Black Screen" on my AMD 7790 GPU and never got that reboot loop that you are experiencing so let's do some search before jumping to any conclusions.

Ok, I gave up the dual GPU thingy.... have not find anything, which could help with the boot-loop.

I also checked, the win+osx boot guide, but it seems it is for MBR booting.  I think, both of the system were installed with UEFI mode. I did nothing, just connected the second SSD, but Now I got +3 drives in Clover boot (Legacy HD1 and HD2 and HD3). Should I try boot from any of them, or do something befor that?

Thanks for your help!

Also, I just found out: after sleep my soundcard does not seems to work (only give strange noises, when increase the volume). What is possible to do about it?

Well, for your sound card there is a solution. You need to add the CodecCommander.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ using kext wizard or Kext Utility. You might also need to set darkwake=8 in your config.plist under boot section.

macOS and Windows dual boot will work with both MBR and UEFI there is no difference you can use either. If clover detects a bootable device you can simply use it to boot into it. If clover can't boot into the devices then you need to do something about it.

CodecCommander.kext.zip

Is it possible that after installing this kext I feel a quailty drop on sound?
Also after wake, I hear the mouse moving over active thing in chrome (for e.g. links) but I can hear also when I'm typing on my keyboard... :-/

to say something good also: the win boot works "as is" I just select the first drive and the w10 starts.  

• Like 1

If the kext is acting up you can test the latest version. The one I sent you is version 2.4 which is the only version that works on my system.

The sound quality is ok with this kext on my end. I didn't notice anything weird like you explained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I put the volume even more up, then I noticed, that the noise is always there, and changes with moving of a mouse, or keypresses like home, pg up and etc. 
I will try to search for the new kext and try it out, thanks for recommendation. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, it seems that those noises where coil whineing... And from these kexts just the first works for me either.

Can anybody suggest a BT dongle (which is available in europe) which works OOB?  And functioning flawlessly with trackpad?
I just read some threads, that the new FENVI's are not working properly, only the wifi part is good.

• 1 month later...

A new problem, sadly again with my Soundcard. So I bought an external soundcard (Audient ID14) And it works just fine. But when I installed it I set to the default, until I tried it out. But, when I wanted to set back the MOBO soundcard it does not play any sound. Is there any solution for that? Will this do macOs everyt time I would Use the external audient sound card?  - my bad, it just needed to set back to "internal speaker"

The Gigabyte board seems to allow 5V on USB's even when the PC is turned completely OFF. I've read that when I enable a ErP mode this should shut off the USB either (which is what I want). I tried this out, the Sierra starts with no prob, but the USB 5V is still on after shut down. Anybody knows anything about this thing? I don't want LED lights at night (and I dont think it will do anyhow good for external soundcard either)!