Sierra on GA-Z170X-Designare (GPU 2x HD5850)

sad_Vamp

86 posts in this topic

Ohh, I see, thanks!

It is enough to copy the new EFI into onto USB, then try to boot from SSD with the "new" USB? (no clover on SSD, just on the USB) 
Or I should try to install it from beginning?

If the first is true, then this gets me into a boot-loop either. :( (try to record it and post a picture)

Your GPU should work out of the box with no special settings, but since there are two of them in your system as I see in your signature that makes me think that it might be the cause. Have you ever had any other of the macOS installed on your system before or is it your first try?

First try I bought the components for this reason. Since I did not wanted problems I gone for HD5850. On other sites they also told it should go OOB. Also the reason wan, that I want to use this PC for FCPX, which performs better on an older RADEON rather than on NV. (and also financial reasons)

I also tried to make it work without the RADEONs, but no luck either. 
So should I remove on of the Cards, and try to install it only with that. 

Also which could MAYBE be problem, that is 2 version from HD5850:

1 (I got this)

MOD: meantime I put out one of the cards, the OsX booted, but the colours are strange (the reds/blues are flickering). I try to reinstall the whole thing, And I will see what happens.

Well as long as they have the same chipset it doesn't matter if they are two different versions. But none the less if you can experiment with only one of them installed to narrow down the cause of the reboot loop it's better.

Just to make sure that everything is in order, if you decide to use both of them make sure you plugged the HDMI cable to the one that is set as primary in the BIOS

Maybe you misunderstood me. I got the type 1, both are perfectly identical. I just wanted the show, that there are two different versions from this card. :)

And yet when both card were attached, the primary got the HDMi of course. I'll will come back, when the install finished.

I'm also thinking, maybe the little cross-fire link could be needed, when 2 cards are in.

Maybe you misunderstood me. I got the type 1, both are perfectly identical. I just wanted the show, that there are two different versions from this card. :)

And yet when both card were attached, the primary got the HDMi of course. I'll will come back, when the install finished.

I'm also thinking, maybe the little cross-fire link could be needed, when 2 cards are in.

Ok,

So the installer is working now?

Wow, the installer worked!!! 

... or almost... The colours are still flickering. The blues are orange, and the oranges are blues, and as I move the mouse it is changeing vice versa.

So how to proceed now? :)

• Like 1

Wow, the installer worked!!! 

... or almost... The colours are still flickering. The blues are orange, and the oranges are blues, and as I move the mouse it is changeing vice versa.

So how to proceed now? :)

Very nice. :)

Which version of the macOS you installed? is it the 10.12.5?

You can use ResXtreme to change the color depth to fix the flickering, or you can use the SwitchResX to set the colors to millions.

Wow, ResXtreme worked!  thanks!

So now I should install clover EFI on the SSD with the same setup as it was on the USB,  am I right?
(and in case if it won't boot this way, then I should bring out the clover configurator again? Or rather  just copy the EFI folder from USB to the new EFI folder on SSD which will clover EFI create?

How can/should I test the rest of the things if they really working the way that they should?
Currently my "about MAC is an iMac", is that good? or better to be a MAC Pro maybe? (or it does not matter at all?)

Well you can simply use the EFI folder that you already used for installing the macOS, mount the EFI partition on the SSD and just copy the whole EFI folder inside it.

You can also install clover but there's no need. Just go with the replacement of the EFI folder.

If you want to use the MacPro SMBIOS it's ok but since you have the SkyLake CPU it's better to use the iMac17,1 SMBIOS instead. It's better for the power management.

As for the rest of the things like sound and sleep and other stuff you need to test them manually. You can also run benchmarks like LuxMark or Cinebench to determine if the performance is at it should be.

OK, it worked! 

Now if I put back on the other SSD with W10 it should work, should cloverboot recognize it? Or it will be something else to done?

Also what about the second card? I assume is I just put it back, it will get the system back to the boot-loop. Any suggestions where to do a Research? :)

Sound from front works (backside will check soon), sleep seems to work also. I'm just downloading that luxmark to check the speed.