"Macnode" Installation with Linode

3 posts in this topic

Creating a Hackintosh Linode instance seems entirely achievable after reviewing the steps in creating a Windows linode instance here:

https://github.com/ClickSimply/docs/blob/windows-on-linode/docs/tools-reference/windows-on-linode/installing-windows-on-linode-vps.md

Getting macOS running on VirtualBox doesn't seem to be much of a challenge (example), yet getting to the hfs+ resizing step could be a little trickier (unless perhaps we create an additional boot volume that has something like iPartition on it to resize the primary volume).

Any thoughts on achieving this?

It should be pretty cost effective to fire up Linodes with macOS / Hackintosh on them. I'll probably go with the 8192 size (8GB with a quad core Xeon and 96 GB SSD storage), but a little smaller could work.

So I've been forging ahead on this project a bit and will provide some instructions once I have the Macnode booting. I am curious, is anyone having success making bootable ISOs for 10.12.x?

At the moment I am having to use an older VMware hard drive image for VirtualBox since I can't get any ISOs I make for a clean install to actually boot!

Even the image that Parallels makes from the installer, while it will boot, it won't actually display the window manager / gui and will just show the beachball cursor atop text from the verbose boot.

Creation bootable iso script is few threads down

$40/mo makes no sense, you could buy way better PC & make it native OS

Also it is against Mac licence & you will have your account disabled!

Wile you can "experiment" with macOS in VM in the leisure of your home, same will not hold in the hosting environment