High Sierra boots only with other DSDT

DrDrumm

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a DSDT that I've been using for years (including macOS Sierra) that works perfectly.

Recently I tried installing macOS High Sierra and couldn't do it.

After speaking with a member of this forum (Thanks Cengiz sevinir) who has a similar board as mine, he was kind enough to share his EFI folder with his own DSDT inside.

I was able to install High Sierra. But only with HIS DSDT. If I put mine, I get a kernel panic (cpu 0 caller).

On the other hand, I can't boot to my Sierra drive if I try with his DSDT.

Can someone please help and explain what's the difference between the 2 DSDT's and maybe edit mine so it could work with both systems?

My board is GA-X79-UD3 and his is GA-X79-UD5

I've attached both DSDT's with their names referring to which board they belong to.

I'd appreciate any help.

DSDT-UD3.aml.zip

DSDT-UD5.aml.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for answering! If I remove the DSDT, nothing would work at all. I could try booting High Sierra with my Sierra DSDT and take a pic of the kp. Will that do?

Update:

So I did what I said I would and this is the result:

post-24924-0-17717600-1498751537_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OK,

So I tried it and it boots, BUT:

1. USB isn't working

2. My EVO 960 NVMe drive (My main macOS Sierra drive) is showing as orange (external)

We are getting closer, though  :)

Maybe need to compare to my original UD3 DSDT's AHCI and USB sections 

• Like 1

High Sierra EFI Folder:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk47cj1t1e0pm6r/High%20Sierra%20EFI.rar?dl=0

I'm also posting a link to my Sierra EFI folder:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzvxjbae50mvafd/Sierra%20EFI.rar?dl=0

As High Sierra previously worked for me, with the same kexts as Sierra but only with a different DSDT and config.plist, I would like to solve this all in the DSDT, if possible.

I mean, I have a working solution to High Sierra, no problem. But I don't know why it won't also work with Sierra. Of course, my Sierra DSDT doesn't work with High Sierra.

This is why I wanted help. To create a DSDT that will be good for both. That's why I posted both DSDT's, I was hoping you could tell me why the UD5 DSDT boots High Sierra and not Sierra, and maybe create a hybrid that'll boot both OS. 

I fear, that by using different kexts and patches we are drifting farther away from my original Sierra EFI (Which works perfectly).

I'm very grateful for your help! just telling you of my concerns  ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...