AppleHDA HDMI Audio

toleda

101 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 9:51 AM, donblanco said:

been a long week troubleshooting this. HDMI Audio worked briefly once or twice.....see attachment for (hopefully) everything you need?

Remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/

a. change HDAS to HDEF

b. change GFX0 to IGPU

Remove EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml (one or the other, not both)

Restart

Clover boot log?

Reply with new files.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

10.13.5 Z77X-UD5H 3770K 960

Just migrated from 10.12, I have had HDMI audio via DSDT working since 10.11 and upgraded from AppStore since. I'm assuming DSDT directly method no longer works. I've tried multiple things, the current solution I'm on is the clover HDMI script to install the SSDT. I'd like to get this working as well as the onboard audio but HDMI audio is a priority. I have 2 displays both working on DP>HDMI adapter cables. Would greatly appreciate any help. 

z77x-ud5h-960.zip

On 6/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, kdp said:

10.13.5 Z77X-UD5H 3770K 960

Just migrated from 10.12, I have had HDMI audio via DSDT working since 10.11 and upgraded from AppStore since. I'm assuming DSDT directly method no longer works. I've tried multiple things, the current solution I'm on is the clover HDMI script to install the SSDT. I'd like to get this working as well as the onboard audio but HDMI audio is a priority. I have 2 displays both working on DP>HDMI adapter cables. Would greatly appreciate any help. 

z77x-ud5h-960.zip

DSDT method still works, attached dsdt is for Fermi and HDAU is missing; no HDMI audio

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGP@1 will not work with dsdt edits, remove ssdt.

Reboot with native dsdt and run cloverALC.

For 10.13.4 and newer, all non native Nvidia HDMI codec device ids have been removed from AppleHDAController.kext. Kext patch is required, credit FredWst/[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 - Page 18 - New Releases and Updates

GTX 960/Add and edit/Replace: from 10deb90f to 10de0fba

28700770_ScreenShot2018-06-05at12_06_48PM.png.35097bae1a3cb7a147928a82238294ec.png

Edited by toleda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toleda said:

DSDT method still works, attached dsdt is for Fermi and HDAU is missing; no HDMI audio

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGP@1 will not work with dsdt edits, remove ssdt.

Reboot with native dsdt and run cloverALC.

For 10.13.4 and newer, all non native Nvidia HDMI codec device ids have been removed from AppleHDAController.kext. Kext patch is required, credit FredWst/[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 - Page 18 - New Releases and Updates

GTX 960/Add and edit/Replace: from 10deb90f to 10de0fba

28700770_ScreenShot2018-06-05at12_06_48PM.png.35097bae1a3cb7a147928a82238294ec.png

Awesome, this worked, both monitors are showing up, I have both HDMI Audio as well as onboard audio working. So now I have the question, I have been using the same DSDT.aml for 5 years, it was the single file with all edits done to it. It's worked flawlessly for me over the years so I haven't kept up much with what's the current method of doing things. The DSDT had edits that made things show up under PCI. If I use that DSDT that section populates with all PCI devices, currently it's only showing my GPU. I'm pretty sure the edits I had applied were directly from your repo years ago, so my question; How do I apply those edits now with a dsdt.aml file, do I need to have individual ssdt patches in the patched directory now for all the patches the clean compile patch did? If so how do I acquire those?

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.34.20 PM.png

Edited by kdp

16 hours ago, kdp said:

my question; How do I apply those edits now with a dsdt.aml file, do I need to have individual ssdt patches in the patched directory now for all the patches the clean compile patch did? If so how do I acquire those?

Simple solution for the HDMI audio problem, paste ssdt/GFX0 and HDAU over current dsdt/GFX0, add back "Name (_SUN ..." and labels, adjust Package value and remove ssdt

The issue with dsdts is they change with BIOS revisions. After each BIOS rev, the new dsdt should be extracted, patched and installed.  In your case it is fortunate the old patched dsdt works with later BIOS revs.  ssdts address the BIOS update problem.  

Edited by toleda

On 6/12/2018 at 8:18 AM, toleda said:

Simple solution for the HDMI audio problem, paste ssdt/GFX0 and HDAU over current dsdt/GFX0, add back "Name (_SUN ..." and labels, adjust Package value and remove ssdt

The issue with dsdts is they change with BIOS revisions. After each BIOS rev, the new dsdt should be extracted, patched and installed.  In your case it is fortunate the old patched dsdt works with later BIOS revs.  ssdts address the BIOS update problem.  

So essentially, patching the SSDT into the DSDT. Makes sense, I've tried to manually patch this in, and I can get it to where it compiles without error but the HDAU doesn't initiate. Troubleshooting why is beyond me, if anyone thinks they can do this quickly I would certainly appreciate the help. 

SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml

DSDT.aml

On 6/18/2018 at 1:03 PM, kdp said:

I can get it to where it compiles without error but the HDAU doesn't initiate.

Apologies for the delay in responding

Site does not allow me to attach edited dsdt, zip file or image. Useless.

Edited dsdt: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkcjea6fyhyi1hi/DSDT-1.aml.zip

Edited by toleda

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, toleda said:

Clover does not do what FakePCIID does, what method did you use?

I just mentioned that I am on Clover 4586. Sorry for my poor English.

I used Intel Rehabman/FakePCIID without the kexts.

On 7/12/2018 at 8:48 PM, toleda said:

Interesting, Rehabman/FakePCIID is the kexts.

Sorry to be late.

There is also Rahabman config.list to take care off. Especially ACPI/DSDT/Patches

change PCI0.VID to IGPU #1 (Thinkpad)

change PCI0.VID to IGPU #2 (Thinkpad)

at least it seemed to work for me.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, toleda said:

Supported, see Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files.

I use a DP2HDMI adapter. I don't think there is much we can do about it.

The only workaround I found is using AppleHDA and intel5000 kexts from High Sierra.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 9:49 PM, Joshua60 said:

I use a DP2HDMI adapter. I don't think there is much we can do about it.

The only workaround I found is using AppleHDA and intel5000 kexts from High Sierra.

success with lilu+whatevergreen+applealc on Mojave and Skylake