7 replies to this topic

nico3469

nico3469

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey guys

Here is my little guide to install OSX 10.6.8 on the EeePC 1000H.

I'll quote some of the CicciMTS and scenemusic topics, thank you guys.

What is needed ?

A Asus EeePC 1000H

A 8GB or more USB Pen drive

An empty hard disk drive

An other mac or hackintosh

A USB mouse

My package of tools, including the latest Apple OS X 10.6.8 Combo update

Restore and Boot from USB

On your mac/hack, go to Disk Utility, find your USB Pen drive, erase it with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled). Then, restore your iAtkos image on your USB pen drive.

Next, you need to make your USB drive Bootable. Find Chameleon in the tools Folder, open it and install it on your new Snow Leopard USB pen drive.

Installation

Boot into BIOS, if available, set the SATA mode to AHCI. If you can't it should work too so don't worry

Select your USB Pen Drive and boot on it. Chameleon will appear, select your iAtkos install drive, and type -v to boot in verbose mode. After a moment, the OSX installer should appear. Trackpad will not work so plug in a usb mouse. Select your language and click next. on the top of the screen, find disk utilty, and erase your HDD with GUID Partion Table and Mac Extended Format (journaled) options, and close Disk Utility. Click Next until the installer ask you on which drive you want to install OSX. Do not install it yet, click on Customize. Select the following options :

-BOOT
ASEREBLN

-BOOT OPTIONS
32BITS
GRAPHICS ENABLERS
ETHERNET BUILTIN
USB (all)

-PATCHES
CREAR EXTRA
FAKESMC
DISABLER
RTC
KERNEL ATOM
EVOREBOOT
SLEEPENABLER
UUID

-DRIVERS SATA-IDE
SATA/AHCI or INTEL SATA/IDE if you didn't enable AHCI in your bios

-SOUND
VOODOHDA

-PS2
VOODOOPS2 or APPLEPS2

-POWERMANAGER
VOODOPOWER

-LAPTOP HARD
BATTERY
CARD READER
THERMAL ACPI

-VGA
INTEL
EFI STRING
GMA950 (all)

-WIFI
Ralink RT2860

-WIRED
ATLANSIC L1E

Click OK and install OSX on your HDD.

First Boot and update to 10.6.8

Remove your USB stick from your computer, Chameleon should appear, boot your new OSX installation with -v boot flag. Once you've created your account you should be on your desketop.

Run the Combo Update installer but do not reboot!! Force Quit out of the installer (hold down the Option key and click and hold over the Installer icon in the Dock. Select Force Quit) and Run the Legacy Kernel installer and then reboot the machine.

now you should see that your graphics driver doesn't work anymore. Run Kext Utility and let it repair the permissions and update the cache. when it says "all done" drag and drop all the graphics kext into kext utility, and when it says "all done", reboot your computer. Cross your fingers and reboot your computer. You should now have a fully working EeePC 1000H, with graphics, sound, wifi, USB, bluetooth and Ethernet Working with the lastest Snow Leopard update. You can have the latest security updates on your system with Software Update, it will not damage your installation.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french. Fell free to ask questions if you need, thank you guys :)

AliveVam

AliveVam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I don't know its working or not.

but i know if You booted iATKOS USB Installer on a different computer,

so it not working,because the iATKOS Sl image are unique.Boot it on the computer that it belongs to.[Source:iATKOS Known issue/solution]

nico3469

nico3469

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It perfectly worked for me. iAtkos images can work on any computers from leopard to mountain lion. But from Mavericks to Sierra, images are unique and created by iatkos owners. There are plenty of tutorials on the internet and YouTube for iatkos snow leopard on any computers, and all of them works

AliveVam

AliveVam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

It perfectly worked for me. iAtkos images can work on any computers from leopard to mountain lion. But from Mavericks to Sierra, images are unique and created by iatkos owners. There are plenty of tutorials on the internet and YouTube for iatkos snow leopard on any computers, and all of them works

But 

iAtkos s3 v2 Snow Leopard is too old for 6th generation hardware.

nico3469

nico3469

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok but this guide is for a 9 years old computer with a 9 year old processor. I don't see your point and I don't understand what 6th generation hardware and EEEPC 1000H have in common.

Nonta72

Nonta72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Good stuffs here .... BUT ...

iAtkos and Tonymac are banned on this forum, guys.  :angel:

You might want to use Vanilla installation. It's clean and easy when you understand it!

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 4,597 posts

iAtkos and Tonymac are banned on this forum, guys.  :angel:

This is true for iAtkos but only since M version (Mavericks): http://www.insanelym...c-sr/?p=1994299

Old versions (as in this case) still are supported.  :)

BR

fantomas1

Nonta72

Nonta72

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

This is true for iAtkos but only since M version (Mavericks): http://www.insanelym...c-sr/?p=1994299

Old versions (as in this case) still are supported. :)

BR

fantomas1

My bad!
Thanks for the clarification

Sent from my Y6 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asus, eeepc, eee, pc, 1000h, iatkos, Snow, Leopard, 10.6.8, s3 v2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy