No mic and jack

axelfl

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been looking for informations on building a hackintosh computer, which I finally did on my MSI GT72VR-6RE (on an external HDD).

I am experiencing some problems though, that I can't solve myself so I would like to ask you some help :

- with the audio : Installing ALC 898 codec with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] didn't work at all. I used AppleHDA Patch to get patched files, it then detected speakers and mic. Mic was working, but the speakers didn't produce any sound. I now use VoodooHDA and get a pretty bad sound (I don't really know how to explain, sound only comes from one place : only from the left (which is terrible), or from behind (which is the speaker I chose, since it is the most correct one)). The mic doesn't work with this, which is the worst part (it generates sort of a white noise).

The jack output doesn't work, too.

-the webcam doesn't work, but it is not the most important part.

I don't know which informations can help you, but here is my config :

Sierra 10.12.5

i7 6700-HQ

GTX 1070

Intel HD Audio with codec ALC898

Thank you very much

Hello and welcome to InsanelyMac.

Please read our Rules about Tonymac tools.

Remove all the modified kexts or patches for Audio, repair the disk permissions and try use AppleALC: AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

Hello and thank you for your super fast answer.

I talked about this tool because I used it, so I had no choice.

In the installation guide for AppleHDA patching, I read "Note: AppleALC does not deal with layout-id values, it expects you to provide a correct DSDT(SSDT)."

I have never edited the DSDT/SSDT (I don't even know how it works). Could it be a problem ?

And for the installation, am I only supposed to install latest version of Lilu, latest version of AppleALC, and that's it ?

I have removed every patched files, every voodooHDA files, restored my original appleHDA and config.plist. Rebuilt cache and fixed permissions.
I've copied both appleALC and lilu kext files into /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
But still no result

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk

EDIT : Should I apply HDEF patch, since I have a Pascal GPU ? If yes, how should I do ?

I've tried to install the standard way for kext files, I've tried to put them in "10.12", in "other", but it never worked.

For the layout, they say 1,2,3,5,7,11,13,28 work. I've tried 1,3,11,13, but none of them worked unfortunately

Maybe another idea ?

(I have seen that in kextstat, kexts injected from EFI don't appear. But they appear when I install them with KextWizard. Is it normal ?)

In my config the value is "Detect". I have FakeSMC installed (you are forced to install, right ?). Should I force this value to "YES" ? And is it really useful to do so, since it didn't work when I installed the kexts manually ?

EDIT : I have tried with the 4 previous layout ids, it doesn't work

In my config the value is "Detect". I have FakeSMC installed (you are forced to install, right ?). Should I force this value to "YES" ? 

Use the "Yes" value.

But as some masters of Hackintosh recommends, it's better your use in S/L/E or L/E. Personally, I've didn't feel any difference in my Hacks....

About the audio, maybe MaLd0n will help you, just wait.  ;)

I'm very busy per hour, that's why I can't give the proper attention to you.  :(

If I find something, I'll post here for you  ^_^

Again thank you very much for your help ! It seems like I'm a desperate case !  :D

I am an absolute beginner in Hackintosh, and I must say fixing problems is not easy at all

I will wait until another possible solution, voodooHDA already offers me decent sound and it is the most important

• Like 1