• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I've got Sierra installed w/ Clover on my HP Z1 AIO workstation. Without video acceleration the internal screen is recognized just fine. With Inject NVidia set to true I get video acceleration, but only the external monitor works.

I got a a rom dump for this card from techpowerup.com and also dumped the rom myself, both produce the same NVCAP in NVCAP Maker:

Using this NVCAP doesn't change the results, still no internal display signal. actually blacks out both displays.

For completeness, here is the original NVCAP from IOJones: 0400000000000100fe0000000000000700000000

Any tips on how to tweak this to get the internal display to work? I'm not sure if it's LVDS or eDP, does this make a difference?

I have a source for a cheap Kepler based k2000m that would work in this machine. Any idea if that should be more likely to work?

System Specs:

HP Z1 AIO Workstation (gen 1)

Intel Xeon E3-1245 V2

8GB DDR3

Quadro 1000m (mxm card)

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Try and activate "Inject EDID" option in your Clover config file.

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Thanks, Hervé. I gave this a try and I'm still seeing the same issue. To be clear, the internal screen isn't even showing up in System Preferences, it's like it's not even connected. I looked at the ioreg output and there is a Display-A and a Display-B, so it does seem that the OS can tell at some level that there are two ports (btw, the internal screen is eDP, just figured that out in Linux).

Since EDID Inject didn't work, I also tried injecting a CustomEDID (which I dumped in Linux), this also didn't help.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Post zipped copies of your:

* ACPI tables

* Clover config

* IOReg output (from say IORegistryExplorer)

I don't think it makes a difference whether LCD is eDP or LVDS. It's definitely an EDID issue. I had a similar problem with a Radeon HD5430 GPU, albeit with a laptop: built-in LCD would not be recognised until I switched to Clover and:

1. injected ATI graphics
  2. selected correct ATI framebuffer
  3. injected EDID
  4. selected Load VBIOS

Try "Load VBIOS" too and set "DualLink" to 1 too.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

You may also want to try this unusual SMBIOS setup: your current Ivy Bridge iMac (I presume) with MacBookPro10,1 board-id Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F. If it does not work, try MBP10,1 SMBIOS.

That what I was once recommended to use at OSXL to avoid black screen on Sandy Bridge laptops with Quadro 1000M graphics: MBP6,2 SMBIOS with MacBookPro10,1 board-id Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F.

http://forum.osxlati...ge-3#entry55971

Could be an Apple whitelist in the nVidia drivers (for specific Mac models) like there exists for Broadcom wireless drivers.

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

I've attached the requested files.

In my current config.plist I'm using all the settings you recommended. Tried each suggested SMBIOS iteration and still no change. I've commented out my custom EDID since it wasn't helping.

I picked up that Kepler card, I'm going to install that now and see what happens.

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

…and the Kepler card was DOA, at least it was only $10.

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Oops, let's see if the attachment works this time.

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

IOReg file (named IOReg.plist) cannot be opened with IORegistryExplorer. What did you obtain it with?

There isn't much in your Clover config. In the Graphics section, try to remove the NVCAP, retaining all the other parameters. You don't appear to have set the SMBIOS as recommended. Use latest Clover Configurator app.

Viscaria

Viscaria

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Sorry, that dump was from IOJones, I didn't realize it doesn't have equivalent output to IORegistryExplorer. IORegistryExplorer output attached.

I tried each iMac13,1, MacBookPro10,1, and (for good measure) MacBookPro6,2 both with and without with Board-ID of Mac-C3EC7CD22292981F. Just went through again and tried each of these permutations without the NVCAP. Every attempt had the same result of only getting video on the external display (except MBP6,2 which actually blacked out both screens). The current plist version (edited w/ Clover Configurator 4.43.0, no NVCAP, Ivy Bridge iMac, custom board ID from above) attached.

Thanks again for all your help.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quadro, hp z1, mxm, fermi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy