ULTRABEAST! 2 x 980Ti's / 2 x E5-2697v2 CPUs / Geekbench 59,104 Fastest System?

* * * * * 1 votes ultrabeast geekbench score cinebench score hackintosh fastest system fastest hackintosh

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 415 posts

tell me how you get on

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

Well, it looks like everything is fully tested and now working (RAM and all), but... It's still freezing. So Andrew thought it could be the custom cables that were attached to the system. So I used my stock cables that came with my EVGA 1600 P2 PSU. I also took out the PSU so it was not in the case at all (for grounding issue testing). Well, this time it froze in about 5 min. Then I disconnected the PSU and all the cables and used a leftover LEPA 1600W PSU and attached the stock cables and... same thing. Froze within 5 min. I'm going to disconnect both my USB 3.0 cables that plug into my board and see if that's the issue. Never mind, just tested it and same thing. It froze. I just don't know anymore. Any help would be great from anyone at this point. Thanks... 

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 415 posts

you need to find out if it is a hardware or software fault. so i would load a copy of windows and give the pc a good stess test with occt for 48 hour first.

http://www.ocbase.co...ex.php/download

this should stress test  the hard wear for you. and we can go for there

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

Sorry to highjack a little bit the thread...

Congrats for the build mates, my question is for PunkNugget... I have a similar rig to yours, and I'm one that has been working with Andrew to get everything running on this motherboards/cpu combos (X9DAi and Sandy/Ivy CPUs).

Are you running already High Sierra on your rig ? If yes I'm curious because I got HS running on it, but having trouble with Power Management and some lagginess with the system, when under Sierra it is running Flawless. I can also confirm that Vega runs out of the box!

Thanks for any insight ;)

Well, what can I say? No I'm not running High Sierra (HS), just 10.12.5 and I'm pretty much stuck with my system continually freezing and I still don't know what to do. Honestly, although I'm excited that I got the fastest GB score (59,104), I really don't care, because if my system is going to continue freezing every 1 to 3 hours whenever it wants and I'm going to have to restart it and Andrew and I still can't figure out what's still going on with the system, then I'd rather go with a system that's going to work a GB score average of 50,000+ and still get great results. Believe me, this has been humbling experience (like it was with my original MacHack Pro system that I built 6+ years ago where I spent months trying to get it to work before I met Andrew). But ever since Andrew stopped communicating (until recently) for 2 months, that gave me great pause in my life and when I went to Philly for a film production job, Andrew and I finally met (after 6+ years of online convos), had dinner and got things worked out. But he's a very busy man and quite honestly I think he may be done doing this as he makes a great living doing something else and this is just a hobby.

But I did find someone else who is fantastic at installing pretty much any setup (as long as it's not a Dual CPU system). Hit me up on my email at:

punknugget@gmail.com

and I'll put you in touch with him. I will tell you this though (and I said the same thing about Andrew), don't cheese these guys out, contribute to their efforts they deserve. What do I mean? Pay them what they're worth ($150 contribution sounds about right). Mind you, I get nothing from it, except the satisfaction that I'm able to help out guys Andrew that are willing to help guys like us have an operational system. If you're willing to do that, then I'll forward him your info and you can go from there. As you know, Andrew is not easy to get a hold of and really won't be available until October, and even then, he's going to play catch up with his site and all the other questions that he's going to have to answer from guys like us who need his help. That's why I say - contribute to them what they're worth. But make sure you and whoever it is you're going to use understands and agrees to what you need and what they're willing to do so there is no miscommunication and no feels like they're getting burned on either side. Hope this info helps and I look forward to your reply, later...  B)

Arkanis

Arkanis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Hey Punk,

I clearly understand your point of view and I totally agree with it, I've been collaborating with Andrew for a long time... in fact since the Z9PE board came ou for dual Sandy CPUs... boy that board is a piece of {censored} :D we even had to give feedback to Asus to change the Bios, fun times. I know he's been really busy, had him on the phone recently and had a long talk about future developments at Apple, where this scene is going, how we felt about the sharing/giving (or the lack of it), etc. so trust me, I know exactly how you feel and how we feel too.

Lucky you to meet him, I'm in Europe at the moment so it is hard to catch him in person from here.

The X9DAi is the board we found with Andrew to be the most rock solid, easy to work with, etc. and since then I've been running this here, unluckily I don't have such powerful CPU's as yours but it has done the trick for all the audiovisual work I do (I understand from what you say that we are probably working in the same field). So regarding the freezing maybe I can help you out, who knows... I've dealt with my hurdles with this board too and got to know it pretty well by now.

What I can say about this board is that on my end, I don't have any freeze, but our hardware might be different (add-on cards, dongles, etc.)... I will shoot you an email so you have my contact and we can discuss about your freezing problem, (maybe a skype call would be easier also) if you want to.

Now regarding High Sierra, it is still in beta so I cannot say much other than I got it working/booting... but problems remain:

- PM is patched but not working properly... all the states get recognised at boot and validated with the SSDT but nonetheless no real PM in the system (Might be apple trolling us).

- 1 CPU seems to be doing all the work, all the rest remain pretty much idle (Might be apple trolling us).

- Board sound isn't working with previous method.

Once those are solved, I will move on to BlackMagic drivers... I don't know you, but on my end, when installing decklink drivers on this board breaks completely the system performance. That problem didn't existed under Mavericks, as soon as Sierra wen't 10.12.3 I believe it went downhill. Andrew has experienced the same problem on his side with different CPUs and config. We reached BMD, but they reacted like douches.

Anyway, interesting read/talk, take care and talk soon I hope.

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

Hey Punk,

I clearly understand your point of view and I totally agree with it, I've been collaborating with Andrew for a long time... in fact since the Z9PE board came ou for dual Sandy CPUs... boy that board is a piece of {censored} :D we even had to give feedback to Asus to change the Bios, fun times. I know he's been really busy, had him on the phone recently and had a long talk about future developments at Apple, where this scene is going, how we felt about the sharing/giving (or the lack of it), etc. so trust me, I know exactly how you feel and how we feel too.

Lucky you to meet him, I'm in Europe at the moment so it is hard to catch him in person from here.

The X9DAi is the board we found with Andrew to be the most rock solid, easy to work with, etc. and since then I've been running this here, unluckily I don't have such powerful CPU's as yours but it has done the trick for all the audiovisual work I do (I understand from what you say that we are probably working in the same field). So regarding the freezing maybe I can help you out, who knows... I've dealt with my hurdles with this board too and got to know it pretty well by now.

What I can say about this board is that on my end, I don't have any freeze, but our hardware might be different (add-on cards, dongles, etc.)... I will shoot you an email so you have my contact and we can discuss about your freezing problem, (maybe a skype call would be easier also) if you want to.

Now regarding High Sierra, it is still in beta so I cannot say much other than I got it working/booting... but problems remain:

- PM is patched but not working properly... all the states get recognised at boot and validated with the SSDT but nonetheless no real PM in the system (Might be apple trolling us).

- 1 CPU seems to be doing all the work, all the rest remain pretty much idle (Might be apple trolling us).

- Board sound isn't working with previous method.

Once those are solved, I will move on to BlackMagic drivers... I don't know you, but on my end, when installing decklink drivers on this board breaks completely the system performance. That problem didn't existed under Mavericks, as soon as Sierra wen't 10.12.3 I believe it went downhill. Andrew has experienced the same problem on his side with different CPUs and config. We reached BMD, but they reacted like douches.

Anyway, interesting read/talk, take care and talk soon I hope.

Was wondering if you're available to talk as I wanted to give you my Clover folder (as that is what you requested to see). If you can help that would be great. Skype me if you need to. Thank you...

JahStories

JahStories

Elijah

• Donators
  • 2,787 posts

That's a really awesome computer! Wow!

Amazing, Great work!

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

That's a really awesome computer! Wow!

Amazing, Great work!

Thanks I appreciate that, but had to take it apart and throughly test it on a wetbench. We'll see what happens after a few more weeks on it. Again, thanks for the big-ups! :)

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

Hey guys, some things are majorly changing on this particular build and I look forward to sharing those build changes here very soon! I'm concerned and excited at the same time. We'll see what happens here soon after the 25th of this month! :)

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Causing Chaos just to watch the world burn

opengl in cini is really slow 100fps less then my 290x but rest is good

PunkNugget

PunkNugget

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 261 posts

opengl in cini is really slow 100fps less then my 290x but rest is good

What kind of setup do you have? I'd like to see all the parts you used for this build. Thanks.

WarDoc

WarDoc

The oncoming Storm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:Causing Chaos just to watch the world burn

What kind of setup do you have? I'd like to see all the parts you used for this build. Thanks.

Fixed my sig 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ultrabeast, geekbench score, cinebench score, hackintosh, fastest system, fastest hackintosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy