Help - boot with Lenovo M900z

luky35

547 posts in this topic

@cyberdevs,

Hello my mentor!

Im asking for help. I installed H.Sierro on the external hard disk drive. The installation went OK. Also uploaded bootloader v4259.

The problem is that now this external SSD does not show me in the boot menu.

What can be wrong?

Thank you.

from what I see you have created custom entries in your config.plist, you can either add another entry for you external SSD or just simply remove them form the config and see if that helps,

Here's what I suggest you to do:

Mount the EFI partition on your SSD, copy the entire EFI folder on your bootable device (internal HDD or SSD) edit the config.plist on your SSD to add or remove the custom entries, reboot the computer and try to boot from your SSD using the boot menu.

Well, if the UEFI/BIOS won't recognize your external device you need to double check the BIOS/UEFI features to make sure that it will allow to PC to boot from Removable/External Devices.

So it has nothing to do with the Clover or macOS at this point.

Go to BIOS/UEFI settings and under the boot menu check if booting from external devices is allowed.

@cyberdevs

There was already a patch for:

Whenever I make a clean High Sierra installation and I want to log in to iCloud, write to me that my access to iCloud is locked and I need to change the iCloud access password.

Thank you.

@cyberdevs

There was already a patch for:

Whenever I make a clean High Sierra installation and I want to log in to iCloud, write to me that my access to iCloud is locked and I need to change the iCloud access password.

Thank you.

What was the patch for? For the USB disk or the iCloud account?

I don’t know any patch for iCloud account. Are you sure about that?

I usually remove my pc from the iCloud before performing the clean install and I recently realized that find my mac can cause problems with the account lock up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I have to install 10.13.3 HS back to make USB inputs work? :(

No I suggest you wait for couple of days if you can and there will be new patch for the USB port limits. Check RehabMan's repo and see if he already discovered the new patch or not.

No I suggest you wait for couple of days if you can and there will be new patch for the USB port limits. Check RehabMan's repo and see if he already discovered the new patch or not.

Thanks, I'll wait for the correction.