[SOLVED] EFI entries disappeared from BIOS

Laís

2 posts in this topic

I don't actually think this is (only) hackintosh-related, but I thought I should give a try here.

My issue:

As the title says, ALL the UEFI entries disappeared from my BIOS. That's all  :(

What I did before it happened:

Yes, I did do something. I used a Gparted live CD to merge some unallocated space on my HD, but never messed up with the OSX partitions (but I did resize the Windows 10 partition - not the one with the boot tho).

When the process was done, I restarted my laptop and it tried to boot on PXE/Lan mode. Don't know for sure what it is, but I tried to disable it on my BIOS and it was just bootloop. Then I realized there was no UEFI entries there.

What I already know:

I don't think the problem is in the BIOS. I can boot my El Captain with the Clover USB stick normally (even if I have the battery not showing problem that I had fixed before).

I can't access the Clover partition (the one I installed in the post-install of OSX) from the USB stick, even though it's there. I think it just goes back to the USB Clover. Don't know if I made myself clear, but I mean that I can't add the entries from Clover because it just adds the USB ones.

I can't boot windows. It says bootmgr was not found (but it's there).

I can't install Clover again. It just says there was an error.

Tried every combination of enabled/disabled on BIOS but no luck.

--

More info:

- The USB boots on UEFI normally.

- My laptop is a Lenovo Z40-70 with dual boot El Captain and Windows 10.

- Again, everything worked perfectly before Gparted. I could boot to OSX and Windows 10 from Clover. Now I can just boot OSX from the USB.

If anything else needs to be said, just inform me. Even though I can still use my computer (I don't even use Windows that much), it's no good doing it while knowing something is wrong. Hope you intelligent guys can help me in some way. Thanks in advance  :frantics:

I fixed it. The solution to my problem was easier than I thought it would be.

I don't know what happened to my EFI partition, but I re-made it on GParted (fat32, 200mb and with the boot and ESP flags) and I was finally able to re-install Clover.

After applying all the "post installation" patches (as if I was just installing my OSX), everything is working fine now. No data lost.

I'm leaving this post here because it may help someone in the future.