Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Anyone know why I am getting this error

Read error 0x2 Error loading Kernel cache (0x2) Boot failed.

My PC is a AMD 1920X Threadripper with Vega 64. 

Kernel or prelinked kernel failing load.   Did you do an update or fresh install?    

Another possibility is your configuration, if you have a CPUID 0x0XXXXX or clover dsdt fixes that come as default with a fresh clover load.    Did you do a fresh install of Clover?   Was it working before this issue came up?

Kernel or prelinked kernel failing load.   Did you do an update or fresh install?    

Another possibility is your configuration, if you have a CPUID 0x0XXXXX or clover dsdt fixes that come as default with a fresh clover load.    Did you do a fresh install of Clover?   Was it working before this issue came up?

Is a new installer on a USB. Install High Sierra using AMDHS_Installer.

I was following this video here 

image from here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4ffyErdmeJ9SEhXd201QlE5UFk

This is a new install that I am attempting for the first time on a Threadripper. 

• Like 1

Can you compress your EFI folder and send it to me? Do you have access to a real Mac or hack to edit your drive or usb?

Hey Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to setup a virtual MacOS under VMware and pull the file from the usb. Working on it right now. 

• Like 1

Hey Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to setup a virtual MacOS under VMware and pull the file from the usb. Working on it right now. 

Check out this thread for HS support.   If you get into High Sierra you could create a real USB installer following XNCLs script method, I altered the original package for Ryzen as you don't need all the Kexts and don't need to remove any Apple kexts for the install.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/

Check out this thread for HS support.   If you get into High Sierra you could create a real USB installer following XNCLs script method, I altered the original package for Ryzen as you don't need all the Kexts and don't need to remove any Apple kexts for the install.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/

Thank you! I can edit the folder from TransMac v12.1 so I guess I can look in there for maybe what you need? I found a manual for it. 

Looks like I found something on the Extra folder.

Installing 10.13_HS with this installer doesn’t require “Pre-Install” Procedure. So you just have to perform “Post-Install” after installing 10.13 macOS HS.

- While booting to installer , if you get stuck ? Just force shutdown your pc manually and try again after 5 sec.

- Install through USB 3.0 port (if you have them) . And the installation will be much faster . Even USB 2.0 pendrives are faster on USB 3.0 port .

There was a manual there with a lot of information. I attached the file to this post too the .efi that was located on the extra folder. 

I may consider doing the regular Sierra install and then update I guess from there if all failed. 

What is the difference between Sierra and High Sierra?

From what I’ve seen is performance in graphics cards are

Getting better (Radeon) in Sierra high

More compatibility with WiFi adaptor and other things (Sierra high)

On Sierra you need more fixes for graphics cards where in high Sierra you just need lilu and whatevergreen

Nvidia vards still have performance issues ( I tested with my gtx 1070ti)

• Like 1

On Sierra you need more fixes for graphics cards where in high Sierra you just need lilu and whatevergreen

Oh nice! so I need to go with High Sierra instead of the regular one. Okay cool. I am doing a second v2 image install on my usb and going to test it to see if I run into any issues. Will report back soon. 

This is what I am getting now. Any idea what I am missing or need to do in order to bypass this here?

bdkjWhq.jpg

Vega cards do t have any support in Sierra they only get 7mb default support. Is this for High Sierra?

Do you have any older graphics cards you could use for initial install? Possibly a Nvidia gt210, gt710 or older AMD card?

Looks like you are at the front door and hanging on the graphics initialization.

In clover boot manager try setting the ATI deinitiate to yes or true. This is in the latest clover revisions.

Another possibility could be your config.plist, try this one save the original as well.  config.plist.zip

Hey bb :D You probably don't remember me, I'm that guy who was in the process of building his PC a few months ago... well I have it now, Ryzen 1600 and a RX580.

I've been working with Windows for a few weeks now and I can't keep thinking how much better I would be with MacOS. I'm glad you recommend High Sierra as I was having many doubts about which OS I should go with.

Vega cards do t have any support in Sierra they only get 7mb default support. Is this for High Sierra?

Do you have any older graphics cards you could use for initial install? Possibly a Nvidia gt210, gt710 or older AMD card?

Looks like you are at the front door and hanging on the graphics initialization.

In clover boot manager try setting the ATI deinitiate to yes or true. This is in the latest clover revisions.

Another possibility could be your config.plist, try this one save the original as well.  attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

This is for High Sierra, and man it sucks if all your get is 7mb. Wondering if is even worth it since this has to power up dual monitors. hmm....

Hey @Gigamaxx I was wondering if I could use my nvidia gtx 1070 for windows and my RX 580 for hackintosh on the same machine.

It would be nice

Boot up and make my clover boor up my RX 580

I figured it out I use my gtx 1070 as a helper card lol I use two monitors once it boots up using the Nvidia card it switches to my amd card works good. In windows I was able to disable my amd rx580 so I’m assuming it’s not drawing any power!

Hey @Gigamaxx I was wondering if I could use my nvidia gtx 1070 for windows and my RX 580 for hackintosh on the same machine.

It would be nice

Boot up and make my clover boor up my RX 580

I figured it out I use my gtx 1070 as a helper card lol I use two monitors once it boots up using the Nvidia card it switches to my amd card works good. In windows I was able to disable my amd rx580 so I’m assuming it’s not drawing any power!

Yes, a user on another forum did this before we had whatever green and we needed a helper card.

Hello there,

my data DVD burner is detected in the BIOS but does not shown in system profiler of OS X. How do I fix this?

Are you using USBkexts in Clover/Other folder?     

I got exceptional success with this version HighSierraAMD_V2 UEFI.dmg . My problem now is that EFI is bugged. I am using an EFI from a flash drive from another test from another different image. I tried updating through Clover Config, but it did not work. I'll calmly see that later, everything is running smoothly today (actually 2 or 3 days ago I'm already using HS). Perfect!

But the (Christmas background) Clover did not work for me, I almost gave up! So I tried using a Clover from another installation and I've been using it ever since.

FX 8320 - GTX 1050T 4G - 16GB - SSD AFPS

The installation was okay, it took forever to get out of "6 minutes left", I had found that gave problem but I patiently insist on waiting.

Thank you! You all are incredible!

Happy New year!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm running 10.12.6 Sierra on an ASRock AB350 with Ryzen 3 1200

I have an issue with USB ports per se and in conjunction with sleep / wake

There are threads on Intel machines that refer to Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

in which they go through a port mapping and exclusion.

Is anyone able to help me do that?

Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...