• Please log in to reply
970 replies to this topic

neil43

neil43

Grey Beard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Hi guys, just a quick status and a question.

I have macOS 10.12.6 running on my GA AB350N Rysen 7 1700X system.   I have created several bootable  drives using the Gigamaxx Clone Edit process, the AMD-OSX,com USB installer, and raw editing of a Clone swapping in the kernel and fixing the few thing that popped out.

The main thing that I am missing is HWMonitor for temps.  The current versions of CPUsensor cause boot problem (can’t).   Does anyone have a solution for monitoring the temps?

The other thing that does not work is the Bluetooth portion of my WiFi/BT BCM94360CS2 (MacBook Air card).

Posting here because the other AMD Risen threads do not have any activity.

Neil

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 662 posts

Hi guys, just a quick status and a question.

I have macOS 10.12.6 running on my GA AB350N Rysen 7 1700X system.   I have created several bootable  drives using the Gigamaxx Clone Edit process, the AMD-OSX,com USB installer, and raw editing of a Clone swapping in the kernel and fixing the few thing that popped out.

The main thing that I am missing is HWMonitor for temps.  The current versions of CPUsensor cause boot problem (can’t).   Does anyone have a solution for monitoring the temps?

The other thing that does not work is the Bluetooth portion of my WiFi/BT BCM94360CS2 (MacBook Air card).

Posting here because the other AMD Risen threads do not have any activity.

Neil

The HW monitors have not worked for Sierra and AMD Polaris cards and above. You can't monitor temps but there is "AutoWattMan" built into the drivers to regulate temps, fans etc... these work well on most cards. If you run a benchmark like Uningine or Luxmark you should hear your fans spin up and then slow after the bench is completed.

Bluetooth with the Broadcom seems elusive, bbmatias got a USB bluetooth to work but after a USB fix it no longer functions.      It may be a kernel extension issue.

Attached Files

swipii

swipii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hello Giga,

i followed your steps (i think i not miss anythink),

but on my installed osx 10.12.6 i'm not shown the Ryzen. Yet the system knows the busratio. 

I need help here.. 

Thank you very much for your work! 

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 662 posts

Hello Giga,

i followed your steps (i think i not miss anythink),

but on my installed osx 10.12.6 i'm not shown the Ryzen. Yet the system knows the busratio. 

I need help here.. 

Thank you very much for your work! 

Do you mean the name is Unknown?    For setting busratio to match your system you need to know the frequency 3.0GHz-4.0GHz and apply it in clover boot manager screen.    I think the default or the clover folders I provided have it set to 36 or 3.6GHz.      

swipii

swipii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

You are right - i set the 1700 in Bios to 3600mhz. That works for "About my Mac" but neither knows the name. 

It only shows: Processor: 3,6 Ghz Unkown

Network (sometimes) and Graphic isnt working too - but there i have to find a way.. 

Shaneee

Shaneee

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 2,178 posts

It only shows: Processor: 3,6 Ghz Unkown

If it's showing as Unknown then navigate to System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\AppleSystemInfo.framework\Versions\A\Resources\English.lproj and open up AppleSystemInfo.strings in TextWrangler. This app is on the App Store. Find the following and change it to what you want.

<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
	<string>Unknown</string>

Change Unknown on the bottom to match your CPU.

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 662 posts

I'm stuck with "Open the Pandora Installer and merge the usr files from install packet".
I can't see the folder "Standalone" in root folder of Pandora Installer, and actually I don't have "usr" in clover Ryzen Essentials.
Should I use "Ryzen USB Installer Essentials V3.0/CloverCD/usr (for USB Installer only, or legacy clover)"? And which folder should I merge it with?
Thanks.

The USB installer has problems for Sierra 12.6 it will work for 12.4-12.5 but not for 12.6.

Can you make a copy of Sierra form a Mac or working hackintosh? I use a USB to Sata adapter and load the software onto a fresh formatted disk. If you can make a copy or clone the working sierra you can follow page 2 " disk edit" procedure and it should work.

swipii

swipii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Thanks Shanee,

sadly system crashed after 20 minutes of use and cant boot anymore.

zy94

zy94

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The USB installer has problems for Sierra 12.6 it will work for 12.4-12.5 but not for 12.6.

Can you make a copy of Sierra form a Mac or working hackintosh? I use a USB to Sata adapter and load the software onto a fresh formatted disk. If you can make a copy or clone the working sierra you can follow page 2 " disk edit" procedure and it should work.

I got a VMware Workstation running OS X 10.11, I downloaded Sierra 10.12.6 from App Store...how to download Sierra 10.12.5 from the App Store? Or, can I use a 10.12.5 dmg file to finish the first step?
And if not possible, do you think it's a good idea to wait for High Sierra?

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 662 posts

I got a VMware Workstation running OS X 10.11, I downloaded Sierra 10.12.6 from App Store...how to download Sierra 10.12.5 from the App Store? Or, can I use a 10.12.5 dmg file to finish the first step?
And if not possible, do you think it's a good idea to wait for High Sierra?

12.5 should work for the installer, I'm not sure about vm methods. Can you load the 12.6 onto a new disk and do the edit or step two. You don't need to make a USB installer if you can get Sierra on a disk.

High Sierra on AMD CPU may not happen for a while, try to get Sierra working, and make copies before updating.

dj_sash

dj_sash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

About Threadripper ?

Can anyone here talk about the AMD Threadripper? Is it possible for Hackintosh or totally impossible?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy