Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I managed to update to High Sierra but have some issues.

• USB info in System Profiler shows "no information available"
  • I bought the Orico 403 which according to the specs uses the CSR8510 which should just work, but is not detected.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-24

These is a usb script fix check the thread

I used kernel_kext_install_only and all usb ports work but nothing shows up in the system profiler.

Not sure I did the script and changed my efi with the one he provided and it worked for me
Ncpi=0x3000 busratio=60

No. Only a couple back ports work with no usb kext.

i did the post install replaced system kext and kernal 

ran scripts

changed efi with his 

and ran kext utility to repair 

post-1941593-0-86935100-1509057944_thumb.jpeg

Not sure I did the script and changed my efi with the one he provided and it worked for me

Ncpi=0x3000 busratio=60

i did the post install replaced system kext and kernal 

ran scripts

changed efi with his 

and ran kext utility to repair 

You have unlimited "psuedo" power.

You just need to install mac Sierra high on a hard drive. Once that is complete with your mac do disk edits for ryzen and add clover and that's it

You need

prelinkedkernel.zip. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=263998)

Use the efi I sent you

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=267061

(I use Pandora for mac to mount efi )

And download Sierra kernel for ryzen (Bronya Kernel HS 10.13 for Ryzen testing)

http://www.insanelym...-1?do=findComment&comment=2466908

In kernel 10.3 you'll see

Extension

Frameworks

Kernals

That's all the files you need

Paths for your hard drive

System/library/extension

System/library/frameworks

System/library/kernels

System/library/prekernals

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from 10.13 kernal folder to hard drive Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on hard drive and go to 10.13 kernel files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done.

Scroll to Kernel folder on hard drive and open kernel from 10.3 kernel and replace

Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

I will give it a try this weekend.

It doesn't work, boots from the installed ssd, i see clover boot menu and when i choose High Sierra partition it crashes

once Mac Sierra was install in your hard drive,

Did you make all the disk edits using a Mac before you booted to your ryzen machine?

Did you choose correct ncpi and busratio?

Mine cpu is stock 3.0 ghz so ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30

What graphic card do you have?

once Mac Sierra was install in your hard drive,

Did you make all the disk edits using a Mac before you booted to your ryzen machine?

Did you choose correct ncpi and busratio?

Mine cpu is stock 3.0 ghz so ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30

What graphic card do you have?

I install High Sierra on SSD using my Macbook pro, then i used pandora box to mount EFI and replace it with the one you shared, and replaced the kernel, framework, extensions and prelinked kernel, put the SSD on my Ryzen pc, booted into Clover and when i hit enter just crashes.

I'm on stock Ryzen 1700 @ 3.0 Ghz with ncpi=0x3000 busration=30 from the EFI you shared. Video card Radeon HD 7950 

Maybe i do not have the right settings in the bios...

I install High Sierra on SSD using my Macbook pro, then i used pandora box to mount EFI and replace it with the one you shared, and replaced the kernel, framework, extensions and prelinked kernel, put the SSD on my Ryzen pc, booted into Clover and when i hit enter just crashes.

I'm on stock Ryzen 1700 @ 3.0 Ghz with ncpi=0x3000 busration=30 from the EFI you shared. Video card Radeon HD 7950

Maybe i do not have the right settings in the bios...

For framework you were supposed to merge not replace

you have to try to boot a couple times before it boots 

you might try to boot in verbouse mode to see what error your getting 

and dont select anything in your graphic settings in clover 

here just replace everything and try again 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TdTgtNzY3ZVpndXc/view?usp=sharing

i added lilu and whatever greeen not sure if you need it 

For framework you were supposed to merge not replace

you have to try to boot a couple times before it boots 

you might try to boot in verbouse mode to see what error your getting 

and dont select anything in your graphic settings in clover 

here just replace everything and try again 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-v6U5cirK6TdTgtNzY3ZVpndXc/view?usp=sharing

i added lilu and whatever greeen not sure if you need it 

I merged frameworks not replace them forgot to mention, will do a new fresh install from my Mac and then restart the process all over again. 

I gave Sierra AMD 5.2 a try it did booted from the USB and install process was ok, but i couldn't boot from the installed partition. (just for the info)

I merged frameworks not replace them forgot to mention, will do a new fresh install from my Mac and then restart the process all over again.

I gave Sierra AMD 5.2 a try it did booted from the USB and install process was ok, but i couldn't boot from the installed partition. (just for the info)

It won’t boot becaus you need to make disk edits

@Gigamaxx
I was able to boot via two rx 480 the issue is that it’s only utilizing one not sure how to make both work
In luxmark it only shows one card

Update : I got both to work!!!! The only issue I can only use one monitor not two... with my old efi I could use both screens

2nd update full accleration works on both cards had to change to 6,1 sm bios!! it also made both screen work

post-1941593-0-29327500-1509324416_thumb.png

I was able to boot into the installed Sierra, but now i have no wifi and no ethernet, are there any drivers that i need to install?

So you just replaced the files with the ones I sent you??

What mobo do you have? For internet I bough a pcei WiFi

TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 Worked for me in high Sierra plug and play

adaptor and for Ethernet I bough a realteck pcei.

I was using Sierra AMD 5.2 dmg to install it, i didn't succeed with the tutorial in here and i installed clover on my EFI hdd but now luck, i needed to replace Clover with the one from the Sierra AMD bootable USB and it worked just fine.

Motherboard: Krait x370

USB Wifi Dongles: TP-Link Archer T2UG and Asus WL-167g 

Not a single one of them are working also the ethernet on my mobo isn't working, for some reason there is nothing in Settings / Network

I was using Sierra AMD 5.2 dmg to install it, i didn't succeed with the tutorial in here and i installed clover on my EFI hdd but now luck, i needed to replace Clover with the one from the Sierra AMD bootable USB and it worked just fine.

Motherboard: Krait x370

USB Wifi Dongles: TP-Link Archer T2UG and Asus WL-167g

Not a single one of them are working also the ethernet on my mobo isn't working, for some reason there is nothing in Settings / Network

It’s not working because there are no drivers installed. I couldn’t get my Ethernet to work so I had to buy one that was easier to install. Your tp link WiFi dongle might work but you might need to install the driver from there website. In about Mac do to USB ports if it’s blank your going to have to run a script to fix(start here first then install driver )

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-24

It’s not working because there are no drivers installed. I couldn’t get my Ethernet to work so I had to buy one that was easier to install. Your tp link WiFi dongle might work but you might need to install the driver from there website. In about Mac do to USB ports if it’s blank your going to have to run a script to fix(start here first then install driver )

If i install the driver from their website it will crash when it will boot, i've tried it

bbmatias3 can you tell me how did you setup your wifi i have the same card Archer T6E from TPlink but i cannot make it work.

Thanks

My worked oob for Sierra but it’s an easy fix no worry

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>TPLINK T6E PATCH</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

gflSqgAAdSk=

</data>

<key>Name</key>