Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

This is AMD FX.  They are all the same.  Once you figure out the sensor chip. See the installation picture in the middle https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/.  ACPI is checked.  If it does not work, you need to pick the correct LPC chip type. All sensors connect to it via i2c bus.  When you install HWSensor3, you need to pick AMD CPU and the sensor chip.  The the app shows you the info.  What is your mother board?

This one https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-10#sp ?

See the I/O controller, iTE,  we have the same chip.  Pick ite for the LPC chip and AMD CPU/GPU.  That should work.

It could be the same chip.

I tried many combinations to instal and I only get the Ssd temp. The “Customize” tab is hard to see at first I missed it completely.

I tried many combinations to instal and I only get the Ssd temp. The “Customize” tab is hard to see at first I missed it completely.

I missed it many times.  

dmesg show the io chip and something like the followin?

AmdCPUMonitor: found AMD Miscellaneous Control id=1603

Found ATI Radeon 6798

AmdCPUMonitor:  AMD CPU temperature sensor added

RadeonMonitor: found Radeon chip id=6798

The audio makes a staticky, skipping sound (with and without the new config file). Btw, this is with all audio sources, even my audio interface and a dac.

HALS_IOContext.cpp:1496:IOWorkLoop_HandleOverload:  HALS_IOContext::IOWorkLoop_HandleOverload: Overload on context 312 current time: 10203632 deadline: 10204152

HALS_IOContext.cpp:1496:IOWorkLoop_HandleOverload:  HALS_IOContext::IOWorkLoop_HandleOverload: Overload on context 312 current time: 10203632 deadline: 10204152

Very weird you should be able to get something, can you list your system specs like CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics card in your signature line?

Humm.. well the DPCIManager while usually helpful, in this case not so much;

DPCI.jpg

The Gigabyte user's manual says that the AB350N GAMING WiFi has Realtek ALC1220 codec, you can see that it is not identified by DPCIManger.

And I do agree at times it does take trying every version of VoodooHDA to identify the best one for a system.  And at times you might even have to resort to USB audio if you are on a very new tech motherboard.  Also, on many systems, you need to disable the Apple HDA kext for VoodooHDA to load correctly.

With your audio problem, do you have the issue on both front and rear ports?  Is it the same with head pones?  Is your system mounted in a case?  Does USB audio work well?

neil

The codec lives inside AMD Azlia controller.  It needs to be programmed differently from Intel Hdef devices.  That's why all Apple HDA patches fail.  Voodoo actually knows how to talk to the controller.  I have both Apple HDA and VoodooHDA running.  AppleHDA for HDMI audio, VoodooHDA for ALC1200.

Do you see device "1022 1603" with your Ryzen in "PCI List"?  That is temperature sensor on CPU.  HWSenser3 uses it for temperature reading  https://sourceforge.net/p/hwsensors/hwsensors3/code3/43/tree/trunk/plugins/CPUSensors/AmdCPUMonitor/AmdCPUMonitor.cpp#l46 .

Hi,

First of all, thanks to all involved in making OSX run on Ryzen possible.  It is quite impressive to  these kind of things made possible starting with pretty much nothing.

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong here.  I'll keep it as short as possible.

So I was able to install Sierra (10.12.6) on an M.2 Drive on my Mac, and Boot successfully with NVidia web drivers.  Took me a while to get it to boot etc, but eventually got there using this post and some other information found across other forums.

I have a Asus B350M-a with a Ryzen 1700 overclocked to 3650 and it is running pretty well.

Weird thing (maybe not?) is that all my usb devices works EXCEPT for anything that is Apple-related.  I tried the Magic Mouse and Trackpad, I get basic functionality when the Magic Trackpad 2 is connected USB,  I am able to pair the trackpad with the IOGEAR Bluetooth adapter and it does says it is connected - but it's not working at all.

My guess were towards USB Drivers - Although everything works (usb drives, keyboard, hub).  The Trackpad gets detected (USB and Bluetooth) - I see it in system report - but I still cannot use it. I've tried a few things without any success.  I was wondering if anyone successfully configured the magic trackpad and see if anyone would have any idea that would help me.

Many thanks again for all the work!

My hackintosh is unstable within Logic X Pro. After a few minutes, it crashes.

Very weird you should be able to get something, can you list your system specs like CPU, Motherboard, and Graphics card in your signature line?

Is this a kernel problem:

[MSR-64] unknown location 0x00000000c0010071

Is this a kernel problem:

[MSR-64] unknown location 0x00000000c0010071[/size]

It may be, there is a new kernel for 12.6 that you could try. I’ll try to post it later. The Mac apps from various vendors tend to favor Nvidia over AMD graphics cards for certain ones and vice versa for others. If the app works for Intel systems with your graphics card setup then it could be a kernel compatibility issue. Ryzen + Nvidia is not performing as it should in OS.

Just use the kernel and system kext below and rebuild caches (kext wizzard).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-37?do=findComment&comment=2505703

It may be, there is a new kernel for 12.6 that you could try. I’ll try to post it later. The Mac apps from various vendors tend to favor Nvidia over AMD graphics cards for certain ones and vice versa for others. If the app works for Intel systems with your graphics card setup then it could be a kernel compatibility issue. Ryzen + Nvidia is not performing as it should in OS.

Just use the kernel and system kext below and rebuild caches (kext wizzard).

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-37?do=findComment&comment=2505703

I am on 10.12.5. Will the 10.12.6 kernel work on it?

Hello, I am back. My 10.12.5 on 10.12.4 kernel system is still running stable however I am interested in updating to the 10.12.6 kernel. Is High Sierra practical?

High Sierra is easy with the new Bronya kernel. Just add kernel and system kext to a cloned copy of HS or make a USB installer. Look for the ApfsEFI opti9n when installing and deselect for HFS format. It defaults to ApfsEFI for SSD and NVME drives.