Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

What audio drivers should I use for my Asus Crosshair VI hero? Right now I'm using VoodooHDA and it is crackling.

You need to match your bios CPU frequency setting, with clover boot arg “busratio=xx”. If your CPU frequency setting in bios is 3.2 GHZ, or 3200MHz, then set clover busratio=32. For 3.0GHz use busratio=30, etc... if they don’t match audio cuts in and out, gets choppy or doesn’t work.

You need to match your bios CPU frequency setting, with clover boot arg “busratio=xx”. If your CPU frequency setting in bios is 3.2 GHZ, or 3200MHz, then set clover busratio=32. For 3.0GHz use busratio=30, etc... if they don’t match audio cuts in and out, gets choppy or doesn’t work.

My cpu is running at 3603mhz and my busratio=36. I still have audio crackling.

Try afterglowpowerstates in Clover menu.

How do I do that?

what should my busratio= be if my cpu is running at 3603mhz

It was fun having MacOS on Ryzen 1700 but now I am on Threadripper. lol So I guess, I will see if this will ever get developed to run it on that platform. =P

Thanks for all your help to everyone and specially to Gigamaxx[/size]

It works on Threadripper, there are a few reports of it. Keep us posted. Threadripper in High Sierra!

• Like 1

How do I do that?

what should my busratio= if my cpu is running at 3603mhz

Use clover boot screen menu, use cursor arrows to navigate to “options” then go to boot arg. Set busratio=36, then hit enter and scroll to audio and set afterglowpowerstates. If it’s works you can set it permanently using clover configurator app. Google Clover Configurator app by Mackie software?

Oh really? I may need to look around and start testing to see. Thanks!

Google Ryzen Hackintosh High Sierra, there’s should be link back to this site. We were first again, as usual. Bronya is the King of kernels.

Use clover boot screen menu, use cursor arrows to navigate to “options” then go to boot arg. Set busratio=36, then hit enter and scroll to audio and set afterglowpowerstates. If it’s works you can set it permanently using clover configurator app. Google Clover Configurator app by Mackie software?

Google Ryzen Hackintosh High Sierra, there’s should be link back to this site. We were first again, as usual. Bronya is the King of kernels.

I have the clover configurator vibrant. I just didn't see that setting at first glance, sorry. My busratio=36 but I thought the 03mhz would throw it off.

I am fairly happy with High Sierra on my Ryzen 7 1700X - GA AB350N - GTX 960 ITX.  GPU performance is still low, HWMonitor is still mostly non-op and I do not have Bluetooth working (yet).

Built this clone using the kernel found in the AMD developer's section: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/

RZN-screen.jpg

The system is stable and very useable.

neil

I am fairly happy with High Sierra on my Ryzen 7 1700X - GA AB350N - GTX 960 ITX.  GPU performance is still low, HWMonitor is still mostly non-op and I do not have Bluetooth working (yet).

Built this clone using the kernel found in the AMD developer's section: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/

RZN-screen.jpg

The system is stable and very useable.

neil

Have you gotten sound working? I installed Voodoo but I get choppy and crackled sound. Can you link to specifically which Kernel you are using?

Have you gotten sound working? I installed Voodoo but I get choppy and crackled sound. Can you link to specifically which Kernel you are using?

For sound I am using VoodooHDA v 2.8.9 and it seems to be very stable and I have not noticed any problems with sound.

The kernel is from the  AMD developers forum: " Bronya Kernel HS 10.13 for Ryzen testing.. http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=262897 "

neil

For sound I am using VoodooHDA v 2.8.9 and it seems to be very stable and I have not noticed any problems with sound.

The kernel is from the AMD developers forum: " Bronya Kernel HS 10.13 for Ryzen testing.. http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=262897 "

neil

It depends on the motherboard. VoodooHDA doesn't always work.

VoodooHDA does not work on all motherboard. If you run DPCIManager it will tell you what driver is recommended.

It depends on the motherboard. VoodooHDA doesn't always work.

VoodooHDA does not work on all motherboard. If you run DPCIManager it will tell you what driver is recommended.

Humm.. well the DPCIManager while usually helpful, in this case not so much;

DPCI.jpg

The Gigabyte user's manual says that the AB350N GAMING WiFi has Realtek ALC1220 codec, you can see that it is not identified by DPCIManger.

And I do agree at times it does take trying every version of VoodooHDA to identify the best one for a system.  And at times you might even have to resort to USB audio if you are on a very new tech motherboard.  Also, on many systems, you need to disable the Apple HDA kext for VoodooHDA to load correctly.

With your audio problem, do you have the issue on both front and rear ports?  Is it the same with head pones?  Is your system mounted in a case?  Does USB audio work well?

neil

• Like 1

For my Gigabyte AX370 gaming 5k he Audio is the same ALC1220, but the fixes are for Intel and their boards.

I’ve tried the AppleALC fix, the CloverHDMIAudio commands etc, and the voodoo is the only one that seems to work. Unfortunately vCard HDMI does not work it shows up as 4-6 options but does not function. Most of these other fixes are for z200, z170 boards and they don’t align with the x370, 350 boards. The Sabrient USB dongle (Silver) works OOB and is relatively inexpensive for an audio fix.

@Neil43. Try PCI tab and search out the main board audio code.

For my Gigabyte AX370 gaming 5k he Audio is the same ALC1220, but the fixes are for Intel and their boards.

I’ve tried the AppleALC fix, the CloverHDMIAudio commands etc, and the voodoo is the only one that seems to work. Unfortunately vCard HDMI does not work it shows up as 4-6 options but does not function. Most of these other fixes are for z200, z170 boards and they don’t align with the x370, 350 boards. The Sabrient USB dongle (Silver) works OOB and is relatively inexpensive for an audio fix.

@Neil43. Try PCI tab and search out the main board audio code.

Using the DPCIManager.app I did not find any leads to an audio solution in the PCI List or in the Misc section.  I am happy with the VoodooHDA as I have audio out to my sound system and also have HDMI audio for my video playback.

Again, I would like to learn of a solution for Bluetooth from my Apple BCM94360CS2 WiFi/BT module.  The WiFi section of the module works well.  This would be nice to have but not needed for workstation use.  

And the thing that would really make my day would be to luck on a solution to get full function on the HWMonitor.app or an equivalent app.  The Intel Power Gadget is useless on the AMD CPU.

Neil

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

First post in this thread. I have tried to read through and determine what the GPU issues are with current-gen Nvidia cards. I am still uncertain where the issue is, and would love more clarity so I can understand what areas still need to catch up for optimum performance.

Is it because OSX does not have native drivers for the 10X0 line yet? Is it because there are issues with the Ryzen kernel that need more programming? Or is it another issue? Is there any potential timeline or idea of when issues will be resolved, or is it a wait-and-see?

I would love to make the jump, and keep debating whether I stick with Ryzen (which I would absolutely love for audio/video work and rendering) or just buy a 7700k and be done with it. There are a few Mac-only programs that I can't keep missing out on, and I would prefer to skip virtualization within Windows. I also love Apple's audio API which runs circles around Windows' options.

Hello everyone,

First post in this thread. I have tried to read through and determine what the GPU issues are with current-gen Nvidia cards. I am still uncertain where the issue is, and would love more clarity so I can understand what areas still need to catch up for optimum performance.

Is it because OSX does not have native drivers for the 10X0 line yet? Is it because there are issues with the Ryzen kernel that need more programming? Or is it another issue? Is there any potential timeline or idea of when issues will be resolved, or is it a wait-and-see?

I would love to make the jump, and keep debating whether I stick with Ryzen (which I would absolutely love for audio/video work and rendering) or just buy a 7700k and be done with it. There are a few Mac-only programs that I can't keep missing out on, and I would prefer to skip virtualization within Windows. I also love Apple's audio API which runs circles around Windows' options.

It’s a wait and see, Nvidia and Ryzen is a mystery, but even AMD cards have a drop in performance over Intel systems. If you need the performance of the card at 100% go 7700k.

Using the DPCIManager.app I did not find any leads to an audio solution in the PCI List or in the Misc section.  I am happy with the VoodooHDA as I have audio out to my sound system and also have HDMI audio for my video playback.

Again, I would like to learn of a solution for Bluetooth from my Apple BCM94360CS2 WiFi/BT module.  The WiFi section of the module works well.  This would be nice to have but not needed for workstation use.  

And the thing that would really make my day would be to luck on a solution to get full function on the HWMonitor.app or an equivalent app.  The Intel Power Gadget is useless on the AMD CPU.

Neil

USB port on mainboard that connects the Bluetooth? Is there a way to get an adapter and plug it into a known working port to test? I have the same card but no luck so far.

Neil

I use Slice's port of HWSensors3.  You need to figure out which super IO chip you have. Mine is IT8721F.

HWInfo: HWInfo get information from Clover bootloader, ©Slice 2013

AppleKeyStore::probe(IOResources)

Couldn't alloc class "FakeSMCKeyStore"

ITEIT87x: found ITE IT8721F

ITEIT87x: [Warning] no OEMVendor

ITEIT87x: [Warning] set default configuration

./smcutil -f

Total fans in system: 3

Fan #0:

Actual speed : 815

Minimum speed: 0

Maximum speed: 0

Safe speed   : 0

Target speed : 32

Mode         : auto

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #1:

Actual speed : 1559

Target speed : 0

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #2:

Actual speed : 1166

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

• Like 1

I use Slice's port of HWSensors3.  You need to figure out which super IO chip you have. Mine is IT8721F.

./smcutil -f

Fan #0:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #1:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #2:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

I read down thru the Slice HWSensor3 thread and did not understand much of it.  Do you have CPU temps working on your High Sierra Ryzen system?  If yes, can you provide some guidance to install?

Thank you,

neil

It’s a wait and see, Nvidia and Ryzen is a mystery, but even AMD cards have a drop in performance over Intel systems. If you need the performance of the card at 100% go 7700k.

USB port on mainboard that connects the Bluetooth? Is there a way to get an adapter and plug it into a known working port to test? I have the same card but no luck so far.

This is my BCM94360CS2 card in a M.2 adapter installed on the AB350N motherboard.  This same WiFi/BT card on an Intel motherboard such as ASRock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac works OOB Bluetooth and WiFi.   On the Ryzen system, I can not get the system to load the USB connection and therefore the Bluetooth section is non-op.  

WF.jpg

In fact with my current boot, I do not show any USB drivers loaded.  Humm.. if it was simple I would loose interest.

neil

This is my BCM94360CS2 card in a M.2 adapter installed on the AB350N motherboard.  This same WiFi/BT card on an Intel motherboard such as ASRock Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac works OOB Bluetooth and WiFi.   On the Ryzen system, I can not get the system to load the USB connection and therefore the Bluetooth section is non-op.  

In fact with my current boot, I do not show any USB drivers loaded.  Humm.. if it was simple I would loose interest.

neil

OK so there is no USB to connect?   My pcie adapter needs a usb connection for bluetooth.   

./smcutil -f

Fan #0:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #1:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Fan #2:

Temp         = 0

Temp TB0T        = 0

Temp TC0D        = 0

Temp TC0P        = 23

Temp TM0P        = 0

Temp TN0P        = 40

Temp Th0H        = 34

Temp Ts0P        = 0

Temp TN1P        = 0

Temp Th1H        = 0

Temp TG0D        = 48

Super IO ?  Is this the serial port "super IO" in bios?

I read down thru the Slice HWSensor3 thread and did not understand much of it.  Do you have CPU temps working on your High Sierra Ryzen system?  If yes, can you provide some guidance to install?

Thank you,

neil

This is AMD FX.  They are all the same.  Once you figure out the sensor chip. See the installation picture in the middle https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/.  ACPI is checked.  If it does not work, you need to pick the correct LPC chip type. All sensors connect to it via i2c bus.  When you install HWSensor3, you need to pick AMD CPU and the sensor chip.  The the app shows you the info.  What is your mother board?

This one https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350N-Gaming-WIFI-rev-10#sp ?

See the I/O controller, iTE,  we have the same chip.  Pick ite for the LPC chip and AMD CPU/GPU.  That should work.

OK so there is no USB to connect?   My pcie adapter needs a usb connection for bluetooth.   

Super IO ?  Is this the serial port "super IO" in bios?

It could be the same chip.

post-1724156-0-00982600-1508012263_thumb.png

Edited by ydeng
  • Like 1