Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/?p=2478758

MY RX 560 NOW HAS ACCELERATION!

Modified kext:

• /S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67EF1002</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x67FF1002</string>

Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwith busratio=36 and npci=0x3000

WHAT CAN WE THROW AT THIS THING TO STRESS IT?

• Like 3

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/?p=2478758

MY RX 560 NOW HAS ACCELERATION!

Modified kext:

• /S/L/E/AMD9510Controller.kext//Contents/Info.plist

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x67EF1002</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x67FF1002</string>

Updating clover to Clover_v2.4k_r4152 and using the config.plist here https://pastebin.com/TYiTEVcMwith busratio=36 and npci=0x3000

WHAT CAN WE THROW AT THIS THING TO STRESS IT?

Cinebench GL test, GFX Metal from the App Store, Valley Benchmark.. etc. I'd be most interested to see scores on Cinebench and you could run Valley for a while as a stress / stability test. Plus it makes a nice screensaver xP

I GOT 90 FPS IN CINE!

@bbmatias3 might be interested in this for his RX480? if I remember correctly.

@crashmymac if this is running with stability, if you could write a brief but comprehensive guide and maybe we could add it to the Post Install thread for hardware acceleration etc.

Yes I notified bbmatias3 via PM and I am very willing to write a full guide for my system. Now I cannot get the USB installer for 12.5 to boot. I will try recreating it with the merge tip you gave me. I will only write a guide if I can fully recreate what I did and It will be the best guide known to IM. ehehe

I have now managed to get a working geforce 210 after 3 cards that did not work and tried today to boot up using only the geforce 210 installed (also without the windows 10 m.2), but it did not boot but instead got to where I was last time with the apple logo and the bar just starting and not moving for 10 minutes. I redid the videos. and then and tried both with and without nv_disable=1 and without injecting nividia. I selected the five necessary options but it always got to the same spot with the apple logo and a little bit of a bar. I am not sure what to try next.

Thanks

I have now managed to get a working geforce 210 after 3 cards that did not work and tried today to boot up using only the geforce 210 installed (also without the windows 10 m.2), but it did not boot but instead got to where I was last time with the apple logo and the bar just starting and not moving for 10 minutes. I redid the videos. and then and tried both with and without nv_disable=1 and without injecting nividia. I selected the five necessary options but it always got to the same spot with the apple logo and a little bit of a bar. I am not sure what to try next.

Thanks

USB installer for mac sierra 10.12.6 is not working at the moment. You have to use a Mac to install in a hard drive and make disk edits...

USB installer for mac sierra 10.12.6 is not working at the moment. You have to use a Mac to install in a hard drive and make disk edits...

I am using a mac with sierra 12.5. But could I try to install sierra using the apple installer onto the hard drive and then format it as in the second video?

AMDCATS, be sure to boot with -v so you can see where exactly the system is hanging.

Tried adding but did not change anything. I believe that -v is verbose, which is one of the five options you select.

After you install mac os on hard drive do (disk edits)

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from Kernel 16.5 folder to Installer Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on Installer and got to kernel 16.5 files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done

Scroll to Kernel folder on Installer and open. there will be 2 kernels there, remove both top trash and drag the Kernel 16.5 kernel to installer Kernel folder tab, choose replace.

.Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

No First video after your done with disk edit make sure you use kext wizard then copy over efi from ryzen essentials to your efi on your hard drive (I use pandora to mount efi fr my hard drive)

The only issue I encountered was the system folder not showing up after I installed in hard drive (to make edits)

If you need help with that let me know

After you install mac os on hard drive do (disk edits)

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from Kernel 16.5 folder to Installer Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on Installer and got to kernel 16.5 files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done

Scroll to Kernel folder on Installer and open. there will be 2 kernels there, remove both top trash and drag the Kernel 16.5 kernel to installer Kernel folder tab, choose replace.

.Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

No First video after your done with disk edit make sure you use kext wizard then copy over efi from ryzen essentials to your efi on your hard drive (I use pandora to mount efi fr my hard drive)

The only issue I encountered was the system folder not showing up after I installed in hard drive (to make edits)

If you need help with that let me know

So do i need to basically do the second video but first install mac os on the harddrive then use pandora instead of clover 4077?

Thanks

So do i need to basically do the second video but first install mac os on the harddrive then use pandora instead of clover 4077?

Thanks

Yes sorry what ever video shows you the disks edits I mention! Also you can use either for me it's easier to use pandora

Copy over efi folder from ryzen essentials to your hard drive efi and thats it

Once you boot your hard drive in your ryzen machine it might give you the prohibited sign. Your ganna have to give it a couple tries and make sure your using correct npci and bus ratio , along with graphic settings

• Like 1

Hi all, 

I'm new to the Hackintosh Community and just build my first Ryzen based PC.

The setup is:

Ryzen 1700

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 

2x 16GB G-Skill DDR 4 Ram

Powercolor RX570

500GB Samsung M.2 SSD

270GB Crucial M.2 SSD (Windows 10 installed)

I followed the instructions and created a bootable USB Stick which is able to start Clover. In the beginning it showed the crossed circle symbol as soon as Sierra was chosen. 

I connected the USB stick to a USB 2.0 port when I realized that this might be a problem.

After restarting Clover started and when I chose Sierra the apple logo appeared and a status bar started. At round about 50-60% the apple logo switched into the crossed circle.

I checked if I missed a step in the USB stick creation process and read that the config.plist has to be updated as well. I chose a package which looked similar (AMD R290), recreated the USB Stick but the problem is still the same.

Anybody who had this issue? It was discussed on the first page but I couldn't find any details besides replacing the config.plist.

Thank you

Norman

Sierra 12.6 does not work for the USB installer. Can you load sierra onto a HDD or SSD form a working Mac or Hack? You can also clone a disk form a working system using carbon copy cloner and then follow post #2 the Disk Edit package and video.

• Like 1

Ah, I misunderstood it. I thought I can't create the USB installer with a 12.6 device and therefor chose a Macbook with 10.11.x on it.

Since it's a M.2 SSD I won't be able to connect it to my MacBooks. Maybe I can create it on a SATA drive and afterwards clone it on the M.2

Thank you Gigamaxx. 

I am also interested in using an M2 drive. I saw on Github a project for supporting them by ReHabMan. Has anyone had any luck? I want to be able to pump as many bits at this processor as possible. Then again my local network is only gigabit and my ISP only provides me with gigabit fiber,  so getting the information out would be another bottleneck. As well as the remote server I am using. My tests have proven 10.12.5 to be very stable. I broadcasted four simultaneous 2500kbps 960x540 RTMP streams with wirecast for 24+ hours without any frames drops: under 30% cpu usage!

Has anyone used a 10gb card on a hack yet?

https://nickwoodhams.com/getting-your-nvme-ssd-working-on-macos-sierra-10-12-2/

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Ah, I misunderstood it. I thought I can't create the USB installer with a 12.6 device and therefor chose a Macbook with 10.11.x on it.

Since it's a M.2 SSD I won't be able to connect it to my MacBooks. Maybe I can create it on a SATA drive and afterwards clone it on the M.2

Thank you Gigamaxx.

That will work, most people usually load a disk first and then clone to m.2.

• Like 1

Hello,

Fisrt:
Sorry for my bad english.
Im very new to this hackintosh world, like one week old, too bad i dint discovered this earlier, this is so awesome, im loving it since day one.

Ive been reading alot, and managed to get sierra 10.12.5 partialy working in my machine:

Specs:

MSI X370 Gaming pro carbon
Ryzen 7 1700
RX 580 SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 8GB

The problem i have is that i can get the RX 580 to work
The resolition in my monitor is right conected via DP 3440x1440, but the animations are very slow and rubish.

Question:

Some can put my in the right path to fix this?
Do i need to buy a gt210 to use as a helper card to get my Rx 580 working, or theres other way around ?

Thanks in advance

If you go back a page it two I posted a EFI zip with the lilukext and Whatevergreenkext along with modified 9510 controllerkext and 4100kext. If you use these you should be able to get acceleration. Use kext wizzard after placing the kexts in System/Library/Extensions folder.

If you go back a page it two I posted a EFI zip with the lilukext and Whatevergreenkext along with modified 9510 controllerkext and 4100kext. If you use these you should be able to get acceleration. Use kext wizzard after placing the kexts in System/Library/Extensions folder.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Just did it and now the screen freezes and i cant boot to the system to remove those files.

I just used the 2 modified 9510 controllerkext and 4100kext, bcoz the lilukext and Whatevergreenkext i already have.

Please, how can i remove these files to back in normal since i cant boot anymore.

heres a video

https://youtu.be/aEokBzIDPTY

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick answer.

Just did it and now the screen freezes and i cant boot to the system to remove those files.

I just used the 2 modified 9510 controllerkext and 4100kext, bcoz the lilukext and Whatevergreenkext i already have.

Please, how can i remove these files to back in normal since i cant boot anymore.

heres a video

https://youtu.be/aEokBzIDPTY

Thanks in advance

You can remove them by booting into single user mode (press spacebar in Clover). Once at command prompt mount root with write access 'mount -uw /'. Then delete using this command 'rm /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9510Conttoller.kext'. Finally force rebuild of kext cache by typing 'touch /System/Library/Extensions'. Then type exit and the system will reboot.

It's worth persisting with this- the acceleration makes a huge difference.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

I suggest you use the files Gigamaxx provided in his zip. Replace all Clover / EFI files. It should work.

You can remove them by booting into single user mode (press spacebar in Clover). Once at command prompt mount root with write access 'mount -uw /'. Then delete using this command 'rm /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9510Conttoller.kext'. Finally force rebuild of kext cache by typing 'touch /System/Library/Extensions'. Then type exit and the system will reboot.

It's worth persisting with this- the acceleration makes a huge difference.

I suggest you use the files Gigamaxx provided in his zip. Replace all Clover / EFI files. It should work.

Thank you very much for the help ross232, but dosent work, i cant delete the file, says it a directory.

See the video

https://youtu.be/W2ScqU_aq3Y

Thanks in advance

Sorry it should be 'rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AMDController9510.kext'. Repeat for X4100.

Worked,

Thank you very much for you help, solved my problem.

Now i will try again activate the RX 580 with the files from giga.

Thanks again