Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Dang I see what you guys mean about the GTX 1070 not working right with this version of Sierra. Is annoying. I still have that audio issue even with the updater for the Focurite studio. But once I can get the GPU to work right or maybe buy a AMD GPU, I can focus on working on the audio side of things. 

By the way what is a good inexpensive gpu to grab for this?

Thanks, I ended up using the file I have and it works great so far. Just issues with the GPU and audio that I have to figure out now. =/ but I am impress that it even runs on this platform. XD Makes it so I don't have to go Threadripper. lol

• Like 1

I am sorry I completely spaced that out. It is the Intel I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller. As far as on-board audio go ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel high definition audio codec s1220a or I use my external studio USB Scarlett 2i2 | Focusrite. Normally this device works out of the box without drivers on my macbook pro laptop. 

Okay base on what you said that is the same issue I have so I may need to do exactly the same thing then. Thanks!

***UPDATE***

After doing some research I may try two files that should be able to fix my issues.

1. Ethernet file = AppleIGB.kext "AppleIGB Enables Intel 82575, 82576, 82580, dh89xxcc, i350, i210 and i211 ethernet controllers"
  2. Audio Scarlet Studio = Scarlett2ndGen.kext

I will report my results once I test them after work at home. 

Try kext in this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/?p=2460269post for i211.

The use the string replacement to patch with clover if you want to keep the codesign valid.

I'm now having problems getting acceleration to work. RX480, lilu, whatevergreen. If I just use AMD9510Controller.kext it boots and shows R9 as GPU but i get graphic glitches and it's slow. If I modify AMD RadeonX4100.kext the boot freezes when trying to activate GPU. This is on 10.12.5.

I think this is the same issue crashmymac was having.

Gigamaxx: what clover build are you using when using your AMD gpu? Can you upload your 9510 and X4100 kext by chance?

Any help appreciated :)

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

I'm now having problems getting acceleration to work. RX480, lilu, whatevergreen. If I just use AMD9510Controller.kext it boots and shows R9 as GPU but i get graphic glitches and it's slow. If I modify AMD RadeonX4100.kext the boot freezes when trying to activate GPU. This is on 10.12.5.

I think this is the same issue crashmymac was having.

Gigamaxx: what clover build are you using when using your AMD gpu? Can you upload your 9510 and X4100 kext by chance?

Any help appreciated :)

I have been using clover 4114, and I just used 4158? the latest version.

I was able to place my 4100kext and 9510controllerkext from 12.5 into Sierra 12.6 and its working.

folder efI 12.6.zip

• Like 1

Hmm, I seem te keep getting the following:

Error allocating 0x3667 pages at 0x0000000002645000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

Try reloading kernel and prelinked kernel then run kext wizzard before booting.

• Like 2

You get choppy audio?

Yea the audio is choppy and it seems to cut off way to much. I may do a fresh install of OsX and put the files back in to see if that helps.

Try kext in this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324392-ryzen-clover-installation-guide-macos-sierra/?p=2460269post for i211.

The use the string replacement to patch with clover if you want to keep the codesign valid.

Sure thing I will give that a shot thanks.

Try reloading kernel and prelinked kernel then run kext wizzard before booting.

Thanks, I do seem to get further but at the moment its stuck at "Still waiting for root device" with a stop sign on the screen

--Edit: Changing USB-port fixed the issue, installer now running--

--After installation I can only get to the line of +++++++, the  PC  resets, can anyone help?--

I was able to place my 4100kext and 9510controllerkext from 12.5 into Sierra 12.6 and its working.

12.6 ryzen working now? With whatever green?

12.6 ryzen working now? With whatever green?

I'm using the 12.5 kexts 9510contrroller and 4100kext. I replaced them in 12.6 and it works fairly well. Run Kext wizzard and apply the other S/L/Extensions and clover kext folder fixes.

They are in the EFI folder a few posts back if you want to try them. I removed the 0x67df1002 definitions in Sierra 12.6 9500, and 9520 info.plists. If replacing the kexts doesn't work try removing plists as well.

I'm using the 12.5 kexts 9510contrroller and 4100kext. I replaced them in 12.6 and it works fairly well. Run Kext wizzard and apply the other S/L/Extensions and clover kext folder fixes.

They are in the EFI folder a few posts back if you want to try them. I removed the 0x67df1002 definitions in Sierra 12.6 9500, and 9520 info.plists. If replacing the kexts doesn't work try removing plists as well.

Okay thanks !

Thanks, I do seem to get further but at the moment its stuck at "Still waiting for root device" with a stop sign on the screen

--Edit: Changing USB-port fixed the issue, installer now running--

--After installation I can only get to the line of +++++++, the  PC  resets, can anyone help?--

Do you mean after installation onto SSD or HDD?    If Sierra is on HDD or SSD now you have to do the disk edit and replace kernels, and other files again like for creating the USB..   See post #2.

4114 and above restart for me when booting sierra. I must be missing something. I'll try and get logs.

4114 and above restart for me when booting sierra. I must be missing something. I'll try and get logs.

You can use 4077 included in disk edit package. Restart, what are you selecting for Drivers64EFI?

You can use 4077 included in disk edit package. Restart, what are you selecting for Drivers64EFI?

Oh 4077 works but no acceleration right now so I thought I'd try a newer clover build. I was using the defaults for drivers. I'll try your EFI without changes when I get time.

It works with acceleration (& no graphic corruption)!

I updated the BIOS of my XFX 480 first. Placed whatevergreen + lilu in S/F/I. Then updated Clover and finally used your 12.5 EFI zip (removed all, replaced).

Not sure if it's the additional kexts you have in the other folder or the other things I did. I might try to find that out on the weekend.

Hopefully @crashmymac gets the same working.

Created a new USB 12.5 installer and it just hangs. I see FAKESMC failing to load errors too.

Try a different USB port. Mine does the same on some ports.

Plus look above I got acceleration working with Gigamaxx's help :) it can be done!

Created a new USB 12.5 installer and it just hangs. I see FAKESMC failing to load errors too.

Also make sure you merge/replace properly. Rule of thumb is: if there are less files in the target folder it's a merge, if the same it's a replace.

• Like 1

I am doing that working on a 10.9.5 and I never am presented "merge." So I find I must do the merging manually for example with the frameworks. Perhaps that is my problem. Is the merge option new?

Try holding the option key whilst dragging.