Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Sorry to go back to far, but I think this might be relevant to fixing that yellow external drive icon: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kextstopatch

This discusses how to patch Kexts to define drives as internal.

Thanks, have you tested it? I'll try it and add it as an option or just include in config.plists.

Thanks again, if you or anyone has fixes for Ryzen likes these please continue to provide them I will attach to first post a list and links to these fixes. The great thing about clover is we can attach these fixes to the config.plist and make them automatic.

Anyone with Nvidia Pascal series cards that have them working with web drivers please chime in with your solutions to get the web drivers working. I don't have any maxwell or pascal cards so I can't test Nvidia Web drivers for Ryzen. I get a lot of questions about these but no experience setting up web drivers.

Thanks, have you tested it? I'll try it and add it as an option or just include in config.plists.

Have not yet, still trying to get my PC to boot properly to Sierra xD. I am trying a freshly setup Sierra install today with and older ATI card instead of my 1070.

Hopefully I can get a basic working install, clone it, then start testing options like that.

• Like 1

Have not yet, still trying to get my PC to boot properly to Sierra xD. I am trying a freshly setup Sierra install today with and older ATI card instead of my 1070.

Hopefully I can get a basic working install, clone it, then start testing options like that.

Awesome, thanks this will help everyone else as we compile fixes I will post on first or second post. I want to focus on post instal solutions there so my message box doesn't explode.

Thanks again, if you or anyone has fixes for Ryzen likes these please continue to provide them I will attach to first post a list and links to these fixes. The great thing about clover is we can attach these fixes to the config.plist and make them automatic.

Anyone with Nvidia Pascal series cards that have them working with web drivers please chime in with your solutions to get the web drivers working. I don't have any maxwell or pascal cards so I can't test Nvidia Web drivers for Ryzen. I get a lot of questions about these but no experience setting up web drivers.

i have the web drivers working with my card,i only put this in the boot arguments ,      nvda_drv=1   like this :

<key>Arguments</key>

<string>npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 busratio=38</string>

edit , vmware now run fine on sierra and all my virtual machines.. in the bios activate the SVM mode .

also i reset complete my bios leaving without battery for a couple minutes .. and now many features work fine.. i advice this procedure to all after update your bios.

• Like 1

After the bios update did you set everything back to previous settings? Did they add settings or remove any? What is strange is Sea Man has basically the same mobo as me but has no USB info.

Yes I set everything to the same settings as before the update. I even downgraded the BIOS to see if i get bluetooth working again and it doesn't work no more. Next I'll try to recreate the same Sierra installation to see where it went bad.

By the way, nice work! this is a really good hackintosh. Everything is working except the bluetooth. I've been using the ryzentosh for the past 3 days on productivity tasks and it has been flawless.

• Like 1

Today I tried creating a new Sierra disk from scratch. Started with a completely clean install of Sierra 10.12.5, created using my MacBook Pro, then went through the modification and clover process.

Here is a video of exactly what I did: https://youtu.be/jmCn_bRd48k (YouTube should finish processing soon)

And I am now getting this...

OPdzHaL.jpg

I am using an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT from an old MacPro.

Today I tried creating a new Sierra disk from scratch. Started with a completely clean install of Sierra 10.12.5, created using my MacBook Pro, then went through the modification and clover process.

Here is a video of exactly what I did: https://youtu.be/jmCn_bRd48k (YouTube should finish processing soon)

And I am now getting this...

OPdzHaL.jpg

I am using an ATI Radeon HD 2600XT from an old MacPro.

After this did you try boot normal? Only set busratio=xx ncpi=0x?

It looks like it should be ready did you type exit, or get that far.

After this did you try boot normal? Only set busratio=xx ncpi=0x?

It looks like it should be ready did you type exit, or get that far.

I did, but what was strange (I forgot to mention) was that in the video, you could see I configured npci=3000 busratio=34 (for 3.4GHz Ryzen 1700x), and yet when I went to options on the clover boot menu to double check, the boot args field was empty. I entered the npci bus ratio values again there, and booted -v -s etc. and never made it to single user mode. It froze at the above image during initial loading.

*Edit: On first boot are we still implementing SU mode, mount -uw, fsck -fy, then exit?

I did, but what was strange (I forgot to mention) was that in the video, you could see I configured npci=3000 busratio=34 (for 3.4GHz Ryzen 1700x), and yet when I went to options on the clover boot menu to double check, the boot args field was empty. I entered the npci bus ratio values again there, and booted -v -s etc. and never made it to single user mode. It froze at the above image during initial loading.

*Edit: On first boot are we still implementing SU mode, mount -uw, fsck -fy, then exit?

My bad! I literally wrote npci=3000 when I should have put npci=0x3000... 

My bad! I literally wrote npci=3000 when I should have put npci=0x3000...

Did you merge the Clover EFI folder? You need to replace it, it will leave behind ACPI dsdt files that will kill boot process. That is the one ffolder you don't want to merge in the process ( I need to highlight that for clover EFI ), also check your main partition if you have EFI backups and it has a different config.plist it can cause problems. Mount EFI and replace the clover folder again and check your config.plist.

Did you merge the Clover EFI folder? You need to replace it, it will leave behind ACPI dsdt files that will kill boot process. That is the one ffolder you don't want to merge in the process ( I need to highlight that for clover EFI ), also check your main partition if you have EFI backups and it has a different config.plist it can cause problems. Mount EFI and replace the clover folder again and check your config.plist.

No, I replaced it. I can try that again though.

I do have the system booted, however display is very screwed up, looks like maybe 800x600 and doesn't recognize the GPU nor display.

It seems as though the issue I'm having is the config.plist is not being loaded by clover! I modified a lot of settings on the config, including npci, bus ratio, system identifier, etc and none of them have taken hold after a reboot. Should I try reinstalling clover?

No, I replaced it. I can try that again though.

I do have the system booted, however display is very screwed up, looks like maybe 800x600 and doesn't recognize the GPU nor display.

It seems as though the issue I'm having is the config.plist is not being loaded by clover! I modified a lot of settings on the config, including npci, bus ratio, system identifier, etc and none of them have taken hold after a reboot. Should I try reinstalling clover?

Worth a try, remove them to trash, save config.plist (custom) first.   Then run clover again.    Replace and attach custom plist.

Also, remove any EFI backup 4077 folders first.    Any changers made to Config. in EFI should be replicated/repeated in EFI backups if you have EFI backups.

• Like 1

Sorry to go back to far, but I think this might be relevant to fixing that yellow external drive icon: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kextstopatch

This discusses how to patch Kexts to define drives as internal.

I confirmed ! Patch works with ours ryzen !!!

Thanks !

• Like 2

I confirmed ! Patch works with ours ryzen !!!

Thanks !

Awesome! Glad I could help!

I got the config.plist to be recognized by Clover, I had placed it in the wrong folder xD.

I seem to have most everything functioning properly, except displays and possibly SATA controller?

-My display is still at a strange resolution (1280x1024) even though it is set to 1920x1080 in Clover. 

-Clover configurator doesn't allow me to mount EFI partition, nor does it work through Terminal using diskutil mount command.

I will try installing NVIDIA drivers for my 1070 now that I at least have clover figured out, it seems. 

Also, do we have any way to make sleep work? Nothing seems to happen when I press sleep

• Like 1

Awesome! Glad I could help!

I got the config.plist to be recognized by Clover, I had placed it in the wrong folder xD.

I seem to have most everything functioning properly, except displays and possibly SATA controller?

-My display is still at a strange resolution (1280x1024) even though it is set to 1920x1080 in Clover. 

-Clover configurator doesn't allow me to mount EFI partition, nor does it work through Terminal using diskutil mount command.

I will try installing NVIDIA drivers for my 1070 now that I at least have clover figured out, it seems. 

Also, do we have any way to make sleep work? Nothing seems to happen when I press sleep

Download EFIMounter its free, make sure clover is closed or quit before trying it.    Go to Apple on top tool bar and select "force quit" you may have apps open that should be closed before mounting EFI.    

When using Clover Configurator to mount EFI it should put the folder on desktop.    Close Clover Conbfigurator and open the EFI flolder then open clover folder right click on config.plist and select "open with" clover configurator.    

Okay guys I need your help...

I am getting stuck at appleusbhostcontroller setpowerstaute gated.

It just spams on my screen and then It shows the stop icon.

Anyway to fix this???

EDIT: I replaced kexts to what I had before, was able to get into the installer.

yup, got the same problem here,...

have tried to replace the kernel and still got that,.

try to boot using ur usb with chameleon bootloader then rebuild ur cache using kextwizard or using terminal,,then reboot again using clover bootloader

Okay guys I need your help...

I am getting stuck at appleusbhostcontroller setpowerstaute gated.

It just spams on my screen and then It shows the stop icon.

Anyway to fix this???

EDIT: I replaced kexts to what I had before, was able to get into the installer.

asus board has a usb 2.0 issue..create a sierra installer on your hdd,,then delete/backup appleusbehcipci.kext on iousbhostfamily.kext then edit ur config.plist force kext to load iousbhostfamily.kext, dont forget to repair ur cache

I finally seem to have a fairly stable boot drive but no matter what I do in Clover config, my display is still messed up!

I have tried Patch VBIOS, inject ATI, Injected the EDID (which I dumped when booted to windows), set resolution in GUI, and I am using an old Radeon HD 2600 XT which should work natively with Mac.

I also got the following error message after being booted for ~5 minutes. The message repeated with Kexts for Private, Unsupported, IOKit, LibKern, and BSDKernel

I have also tried installing NVIDIA web drivers to test my 1070, but the installation repeatedly fails.

qT017Xx.jpg

I'm checking the activity monitor , and i have a process named "kernel task" reaching the 70%of the 1 core.. is this normal ?

Anyone can confirm if i'm the only one whit this ? ( open Activity monitor on Applications / Utilities and see ) please .

in my mackintosh I don't have this issue

ohhh .. Bronya ( the ryzen kernel creator) just told me the kernel_task is normal...  here --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-30?do=findComment&comment=2446502

But you don't have it.. please , can you share your config ? i like get rid this .

I finally seem to have a fairly stable boot drive but no matter what I do in Clover config, my display is still messed up!

I have tried Patch VBIOS, inject ATI, Injected the EDID (which I dumped when booted to windows), set resolution in GUI, and I am using an old Radeon HD 2600 XT which should work natively with Mac.

I also got the following error message after being booted for ~5 minutes. The message repeated with Kexts for Private, Unsupported, IOKit, LibKern, and BSDKernel

I have also tried installing NVIDIA web drivers to test my 1070, but the installation repeatedly fails.

qT017Xx.jpg

Reinstall the system kext to S/L/Extensions folder and use kext wizzard before reboot.

• Like 1

ohhh .. Bronya ( the ryzen kernel creator) just told me the kernel_task is normal...  here --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321626-ryzen-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-researchdevelopment-thread/page-30?do=findComment&comment=2446502

But you don't have it.. please , can you share your config ? i like get rid this .

Bronya has created everything for Ryzen, kernel 10.9 to 10.12, boot to chameleon and BOOTX64.efi to clover.

;)