Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

Im following the guide !!! 

The usb boot fine after long time , in the welcome screen i lost my usb mouse and keyboard but y move this to the dac usb ports and it work again.

at this moment is installing.

edit:

it finish the installation flawless and reboot , but when i tried to boot from HD , but it reset after load in the screen the ++++++++++++++++++++++

After loading the USB to disk drive you need to replace and merge files again, before booting the system. So you basically repeat the process you did to make the USB installer on the disk drive, except for the usr. Frameworks, Extensions, Kernel, PrelinkedKernel.

• Like 1

After loading the USB to disk drive you need to replace and merge files again, before booting the system. So you basically repeat the process you did to make the USB installer on the disk drive, except for the usr. Frameworks, Extensions, Kernel, PrelinkedKernel.

ohh i forgot do this step in the hard drive, i will do asap and report .

Thanks !!

ohh i forgot do this step in the hard drive, i will do asap and report .

Thanks !!

New video.   

Merge all files when the option is available, except CLOVER at the end of video.    If you merge the CLOVER files they will leave behind dsdt settings and other remnants that will prevent booting.     Always "REPLACE" Clover folder do not choose merge option.    

Hope it helps, 15 min I'll never get back, lol!    Use pause if you need to follow along.

• Like 1

Finally it boot from ssd !!!! and have my ethernet working oob !

Now my problem is , i don't have usb ports ( only one dad usb 3.0 ) and i can't install web nvidia divers  , it say error at the end of the installer.

• Like 1

Check the EFI clover folder, use EFIMounter or Clover configurator to mount EFI. If your editing using a Mac or other hack use disk1s1 if 2 disks are showing. Close clover configurator if open. Open the EFI folder that appears on desktop and open Clover folder. Drag the config.plsit to desktop. Right click on config.plist on desktop and choose open with clover configurator. Go to Kernels and kext patches and remove the USB port limit patch. AppleHXCI? Close clover configurator, drag the config.plist back to clover folder tab. Follow replace prompt. Try this first and replace it if it does nothing then do the below options.

Also, check the Clover kexts folders 10.12 and Other look at the USB kexts, there is the dummy and the generic kexts. Try removing one and booting to test, then try the other. You have a copies of the plists provided you can always default if you mess one up.

Download IORegistryExplorer app, and post a copy, compress it first.. Don't worry it won't expose anything but the operating kexts and drivers. Maybe do this first so we can see if anything is awry. All my USB ports on the Mainboard (back of case) work, my front (2) USB 3.0 ports work great, the front USB 2.0 ports drop after boot. I have a total of (2) USB 2.0, (4) USB 3.0, and (3) USB 3.1 ports working.

Check the EFI clover folder, use EFIMounter or Clover configurator to mount EFI. If your editing using a Mac or other hack use disk1s1 if 2 disks are showing. Close clover configurator if open. Open the EFI folder that appears on desktop and open Clover folder. Drag the config.plsit to desktop. Right click on config.plist on desktop and choose open with clover configurator. Go to Kernels and kext patches and remove the USB port limit patch. AppleHXCI? Close clover configurator, drag the config.plist back to clover folder tab. Follow replace prompt. Try this first and replace it if it does nothing then do the below options.

Also, check the Clover kexts folders 10.12 and Other look at the USB kexts, there is the dummy and the generic kexts. Try removing one and booting to test, then try the other. You have a copies of the plists provided you can always default if you mess one up.

Download IORegistryExplorer app, and post a copy, compress it first.. Don't worry it won't expose anything but the operating kexts and drivers. Maybe do this first so we can see if anything is awry. All my USB ports on the Mainboard (back of case) work, my front (2) USB 3.0 ports work great, the front USB 2.0 ports drop after boot. I have a total of (2) USB 2.0, (4) USB 3.0, and (3) USB 3.1 ports working.

Thanks for your patience and help !!

ok i remove both kext and remove also port limit patch with clover Configurator , but i have the same result.. only the two usb dac is working.

also finally i can install the nvidia web drivers and i have full acceleration.

i will send the link of my ioreg copy to the inbox

Thank you for this wonderful tutorial.

Installation works perfect and ethernet is working properly in first start. After installing Clover and replacing files in 'EFI' drive, ethernet is showing disconnected. Also there is no ethernet profile in 'ipconfig'. Please guide any solution.

My system is

Ryzen 1700x

Msi x370 pro carbon

Thank you for this wonderful tutorial.

Installation works perfect and ethernet is working properly in first start. After installing Clover and replacing files in 'EFI' drive, ethernet is showing disconnected. Also there is no ethernet profile in 'ipconfig'. Please guide any solution.

My system is

Ryzen 1700x

Msi x370 pro carbon

I

Use The Clover CD EFI clover folder and open up the Kexts folder 10.12, and or Other folders. The AplleIGBKext I placed there for my setup, check to see which Ethernet you have and find the proper kext to replace this one with. Killer Ethernet? 8111g, find that info for your setup and replace these kexts. Do the same replacement method used to install. Kext wizzard before reboot!

Also, this is a temporary setup, after you or anyone finds what works for their system you can place these kexts in System/Library/Extensions folder on main drive. Keep them handy though, I like to keep them in the clover folders so I know what to replace after an update if things get replaced in the Extensions folder. They also, get injected if they get replaced if they're in the clover folder or should be injected.

I will try reloading the Kernel from another computer this evening, then will run Kext Wizard and boot to SU to rebuild prelinkedkernel, since I will have replaced it.

The strange this is so far neither Chameleon, Enoch, nor Clover have recognized my GPU or display :( They all use some weird low resolution

Did you check out the video for disk edit, the middle section with clover configurator I tried to point out some of the settings areas Most used for Ryzen use? GUI is where screen resolution can be set, up to a limit and depending also on which model you use Mac Pro, iMac etc....

It's hard to get it working without a graphics card that works. ''This is the problem with Nvidia cards that require Web Drivers, you need a working system to install them but your system doesn't work until you do install them. It can be hard to get done.

• Like 1

finally i got it working my usb ports putting a new GenericUSBHCI.kext on /Library/Extensions

at this moment only have two problems .. all my hard drivers appears as external and suddenly when i connect a usb hd the system restart ( a kernel panic maybe)
Thanks Gigamaxx .

also i have audio ( in and out working with the attached kext )

https://ufile.io/sljk6

• Like 1

finally i got it working my usb ports putting a new GenericUSBHCI.kext on /Library/Extensions

at this moment only have two problems .. all my hard drivers appears as external and suddenly when i connect a usb hd the system restart ( a kernel panic maybe)

Thanks Gigamaxx .

also i have audio ( in and out working with the attached kext )

https://ufile.io/sljk6

Awesome, I'm so glad you got in.    You should relax, then erase your drive and do it again, lol!     Clone that puppy for a backup "Carbon Copy Cloner" works great and is easy.   I would not recommend the Backup option that appears after cloning, It may tweak your setup.    I haven't tried it lately but it didn't work for me in earlier tests.   When Recovery option is used I think it loads the Apple kernel and files which we just spent all that time replacing.  

Chameleon and Clover builds both have the External Drive icon, but they have correct speed.    Does anyone have Ryzen Working with NVME or M.2 storage and what do icons look like?  External, Internal?

I can hot plug my drives via USB no problem this is wierd, don't you have the same mainboard (mobo) as me?    Did you try the DummyUSBkext and others in S/L/Extensions?

• Like 1

Awesome, I'm so glad you got in.    You should relax, then erase your drive and do it again, lol!     Clone that puppy for a backup "Carbon Copy Cloner" works great and is easy.   I would not recommend the Backup option that appears after cloning, It may tweak your setup.    I haven't tried it lately but it didn't work for me in earlier tests.   When Recovery option is used I think it loads the Apple kernel and files which we just spent all that time replacing.  

Chameleon and Clover builds both have the External Drive icon, but they have correct speed.    Does anyone have Ryzen Working with NVME or M.2 storage and what do icons look like?  External, Internal?

I can hot plug my drives via USB no problem this is wierd, don't you have the same mainboard (mobo) as me?    Did you try the DummyUSBkext and others in S/L/Extensions?

Yes ! this is the first thing i made after i see this running fine ! clone hard drive with ccc, reinstall the clover and overdrive the efi with the content of the original efi.. after this i test and it boot awesome !

at this moment I'm checking all my usb devices, because I'm suspect of a usb 3.0 hub in the kp, about the board , basically is the same , mine is only gaming 5  ( without the K )

again, Gigamax , thanks !!!!

pdt : there is any soft for monitoring temperatures , speed .. like hardware monitor working with ryzen ?

No Hardware monitors working yet, it's too new of a platform, I've tested Kaby Lake and many RX cards over the last year or so and the kexts contain decent power and temp management built in. AMD Graphics kexts have "AutoWattMan" which you can't access but it's there working behind the scenes.

I guess if you smell something burning you should lowe your overclocking, the motherboard will probably have temp shutoffs as well, in fact dig into your bios a little more and check out fan speed settings and temp shutoff settings.

• Like 1

Good News! I just updated to Sierra 12.6 beta 3 using the Post Install procedure, it went like a breeze. The are no Merge options though, only replace but it worked the first try.

AMD Gigabyte RX 560 (0x67FF1002) was recognized and has metal support, will test RX 480 soon. This is great news we can update fairly easy, well maybe for some. I will post a new folder since we don't need clover package, just the Main Partition files replaced.

RX 480 is working and has the full 36 CU.

post-1753549-0-28348000-1497493120_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-75236800-1497495516_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hi gigamax, thank you again for this great guide.

I just notice a few thing after get it working.

My gt210 working for the display via hdmi, but it can't make a sound, is there a way to make it ?

I can get the sound from the soundcard output, but cant get it from my hdmi.

And I can't use my terminal, is there something I missed.

Thanks gigamax, you make mi first hack working, love u, lol!

Since yesterday i'm testing in deep my new ryzen hack, is working beatifull !!! for now i find only two problems..

my usb bluetooth don't work at all..  also in the system report i dont have any info about the usb ports. just ssay " No information found."

Also i have a Plextor M8 NVME ssd and i don't know hot to make it working in osx.. because i make this tutorial , but it don't work https://nickwoodhams.com/getting-your-nvme-ssd-working-on-macos-sierra-10-12-2/

Since yesterday i'm testing in deep my new ryzen hack, is working beatifull !!! for now i find only two problems..

my usb bluetooth don't work at all..  also in the system report i dont have any info about the usb ports. just ssay " No information found."

Also i have a Plextor M8 NVME ssd and i don't know hot to make it working in osx.. because i make this tutorial , but it don't work https://nickwoodhams.com/getting-your-nvme-ssd-working-on-macos-sierra-10-12-2/

Nvme drives are tricky and it's best to get something that is compatible or more compatible with Apple products. Can you trade it on for a different model?

Very strange about your USB ports, try adding some of the USB kexts to S/L/Extensions folder.

I've read about Bluetooth a little, I have a Broadcom 4360 PCIe wifi card with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth always works on Intel systems. What I've read recently mentioned having to get your iMessage and iCloud accounts working properly to get Bluetooth Handoff.

My IORegistry shows a partial load of my Bluetooth device but not full engagement and nothing shows in about this Mac System report.

I will try to trade my ssd nvme .....

Whit the usb ports , yes is very strange.... also i test every port with a usb drive an all work fine.. but the bluetooth dongle don't work at all... ( this work fine in other hack whit intel )

Also, i'm  testing my virtual machines on vmware but no one open.. all give me the error " internal error" .... also if i try to make a new one.

is this normal whit this ryzen configuraction? ( i have activated in the bios the IOMMU option )...or i need activate something else ?

edit: also i find if i move the busratio to 38 , in theory the max of the 1700x ,  i get choppy audio.... but if i return to 34 it work fine.

Whit the usb ports , yes is very strange.... also i test every port with a usb drive an all work fine.. but the bluetooth dongle don't work at all... ( this work fine in other hack whit intel )

Also, i'm  testing my virtual machines on vmware but no one open.. all give me the error " internal error" .... also if i try to make a new one.

is this normal whit this ryzen configuraction? ( i have activated in the bios the IOMMU option )...or i need activate something else ?

edit: also i find if i move the busratio to 38 , in theory the max of the 1700x ,  i get choppy audio.... but if i return to 34 it work fine.

Busratio=xx must match your BIOS CPU setting. If Bios is set at 34 then busratio=34. Auto will set it at 34 with a boost to 3.8, but we don't have that boost working in OS. Try setting BioS CPU frequency to 38 and busratio=38, I'll bet it runs smoother.

I know nothing about virtual machines, Shanee may know about these I think he's writing a guide for Ryzen VM.

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as you. Maybe my experience helps make a determination:

Initally, everything was working fine, Bluetooth Dongle and every USB device showed on system report.

Then yesterday I installed the latest BIOS update for my motherboard (Asus Crosshair 6 Hero) and then my USB bluetooth stopped working and nothing shows on the system report, but all other USB peripherals are working fine except the bluetooth dongle (it is a native MacOS dongle i bought long ago and it works on any mac and even worked on my RyMac until yesterday LOL).

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as you. Maybe my experience helps make a determination:

Initally, everything was working fine, Bluetooth Dongle and every USB device showed on system report.

Then yesterday I installed the latest BIOS update for my motherboard (Asus Crosshair 6 Hero) and then my USB bluetooth stopped working and nothing shows on the system report, but all other USB peripherals are working fine except the bluetooth dongle (it is a native MacOS dongle i bought long ago and it works on any mac and even worked on my RyMac until yesterday LOL).

After the bios update did you set everything back to previous settings? Did they add settings or remove any? What is strange is Sea Man has basically the same mobo as me but has no USB info.

• Like 1

Sorry to go back to far, but I think this might be relevant to fixing that yellow external drive icon: https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches#kernelandkextpatches_kextstopatch

This discusses how to patch Kexts to define drives as internal.

Define external drivers as internal to fix yellow drive icons:

<dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>

</dict>

• Like 2