Radeon HD 5870

Lucy183

57 posts in this topic

Hi LuCyr04. I got native resolution on my HD 5670. Still no acceleration by the gpu, but it gets a bit better for use, for now. I just switched the HS kexts from the Sierra 10.12.5 AMD5000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, AMDLegacyFramebuffer.kext and AMDLegacySupport.kext.

I do this to be able to reach desktop but I want it fully functional..

@ricoc90 can you look in my dsdt? i think it's something wrong with it..

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

You should have a problem in the dsdt, clover or kext if you have modified it.

I have the same asus hd5870 and excellent functional with high sierra.

dsdt for sure but I don't know much about modifying it, anyone with experience can look in my dsdt?

Guest ricoc90

I don't think it's your DSDT, but your motherboard.

Someone reported that for non-apple AMD cards, you'll need a helper GPU. Your motherboard does not have one...

That might be the reason why cedroxim's card IS working, because his mobo does have integrated graphics

--

Could you run this app for me? While in it. search for "display" and tell me the location of your graphics card

post-1502423-0-18070100-1497183699_thumb.png

IORegistryExplorer 3.zip

I don't think it's your DSDT, but your motherboard.

Someone reported that for non-apple AMD cards, you'll need a helper GPU. Your motherboard does not have one...

That might be the reason why cedroxim's card IS working, because his mobo does have integrated graphics

--

Could you run this app for me? While in it. search for "display" and tell me the location of your graphics card

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-06-11 om 14.31.04.png

In Sierra not High Sierra right?

post-1206878-0-16823000-1497263863_thumb.png

post-1206878-0-20561600-1497264332_thumb.png

Well, it's not ideal, but I got video acceleration by switching several kexts to those of the Sierra, but with 24-bit colors (if anyone can explain why?). It's great to meet HS.