Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Does APFS work now with Clover and a Fusion drive? And where do I find "apfs.efi", and I assume I have to reformat the drive and reinstall High Sierra to use it?

apfs.efi is here in 10.13 files.zip: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2435807

As far as I can see it is working. Can't tell about Fusion Drive. But the apfs filesystem is recognized and the apfs partition is mounted.

Where exactly do i add the following to my config.plist? Would be great if somone could post a sample. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I'm still stucked at "Disk Utility" in Setup. Spinning forever...

<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<string>0xe907f537</string>

Guest ricoc90

apfs.efi is here in 10.13 files.zip: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2435807

Where exactly do i add the following to my config.plist? Would be great if somone could post a sample. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I'm still stucked at "Disk Utility" in Setup. Spinning forever...

You need to add it in your SMBios section

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
</dict>

Thank you ricoc90

Then... I'm doing it the right way :-)

Better to stop trying for a moment. I'll get angry with that "Disk Utility" and "Install macOS" problem. Never had something like this before.

ok, just some updates: we are trying to get everything working, now I am trying that fixes you have posted, please can you write a complete guide to install it from scratch?

and the problems you are seeing are slowness problems, it is very slow because it try to verify the rom of the machine, but it fails , and then try and trys again, and this just slows down all the system and it will be very unstable and very slow, that's why you have all that problems, hopefully that fixes will work

ok, just some updates: we are trying to get everything working, now I am trying that fixes you have posted, please can you write a complete guide to install it from scratch?

I would like to provide a complete guide for all the users with similar hardware, but as long as I'm unable to install 10.13 it will be a little tricky. (If you meant me at all.)

Mac OS 10.13 beta install tutorial: 

1) use you current working clover for Mac OS Sierra and copy all the kexts you need from the “10.12” folder in /EFI/Clover/kexts to the “others” folder, the format you USB key with guid partition method and with hfs+ file system, call it “USB” without quotes

2) open terminal an paste this command: 

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.13\ beta.app --noiteraction

3) one the commend displayed “done” on the terminal type this command to show invisible files: 

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

An this other command to restart the finder: killall Finder

4) go to the usb installation key with the finder and the go to .IABootFiles folder that is now visible

5) replace the prelinkedkernel file you find here with this:

https://dl.dropboxus...prelinkedkernel

6) your usb is ready, you can copy the clover efi folder in his EFI partition if you want to have a working clover here

Now you can boot to the installer, this will take quite long time to boot and to load the installer.

DO NOT USE APPLE FILE SYSTEM, IT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY CLOVER RIGTH NOW SO YOU CAN’T BOOT WHEN ALL IS INSTALLED

When you try to do the second step of the installation process, do not boot form the installation volume yet, you have to use anther working copy of Mac OS to cange the prelinked kernel in .IABootFiles on the target installation volume, so you can boot to it and continue with tìinstallation, when installation is finished, before booting for the first time, you have to replace the prelinked kernel in the finished installation, so go to /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels and replace again the prelinked kernel with the patched one, once this is done you can boot to the finished installation and enjoy your new Mac OS high Sierra

com substituir o arquivo prelinked? o sistema não deixa ele ser substituido

Just got macos 10.13 beta installed.

My steps:

create a usb installer with 

createinstallmedia (https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201372) command

used the prelinkedkernel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324233-mac-os-high-sierra-installation-attempts/?p=2436596

clover v4081

clover with 

add the apfs.efi to clover driverx64uefi folder.

(in  /Volumes/OS13/Applications/Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg,

/Volumes/OS X Base System/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi )

boot to the usb, format a partiton as APFS

install as normal,

reboot . (the first time it crashed, the second time good, and continue the installation )

My config, Lenovo B320 All in one

i7-2600s, AMD HD6450A

1TB HDD

• Like 2

como substituir o arquivo PrelinkedKernels no sistema antes do segundo passo da instalação? eu fiz a instalação mas não consigo substituir o arquivo, o sistema não deixa

replace the file in the USB installer? what error?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Just got macos 10.13 beta installed.

My steps:

create a usb installer with 

createinstallmedia (https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT201372) command

used the prelinkedkernel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324233-mac-os-high-sierra-installation-attempts/?p=2436596

clover v4081

clover with 

add the apfs.efi to clover driverx64uefi folder.

(in  /Volumes/OS13/Applications/Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg,

/Volumes/OS X Base System/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi )

boot to the usb, format a partiton as APFS

install as normal,

reboot . (the first time it crashed, the second time good, and continue the installation )

My config, Lenovo B320 All in one

i7-2600s, AMD HD6450A

1TB HDD

use this new method, it just works fine and also with apfs

use this new method, it just works fine and also with apfs

my method? 

I don't really know which makes my installer works, I think should be the clover 4081? because with just the prelinked thing, I can't finish the installation. stuck at the install loading bar.

i now need the sound to  work,  ALC272, laptop sound chip, the AppleHDA patcher (v1.8) doesn't seem to work, (the fully patch kext doesn't work) 

I just installed the beta over my 10.12 install with converted APFS using the new clover, and added apfs.efi, and it just works. no problems so far and been booted 8 hours. not entirely sure what i did but its flawless on my cheap 1st Gen i5 / DH55TC Motherboard, GTX 750

• Like 2

why not download from app store

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

With the app downloaded from the app store I get it

/Applications/Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application.

and if you need to use apple alc just remember to use the boot arg -alcbeta 

Just a quick update: using the new clover it worked just fine I have successfully installed the new version of Mac OS and everything seems to work, I need only the Nvidia web drivers for my gtx 960

here is my new installed system

the modded version of the kx audio driver I am working on works fine too, so I have also my sound blaster audigy rx working in the new Mac OS version

post-1390153-0-38877000-1496870508_thumb.png

• Like 1

----------------------------------------------

A question for you, how do I install Nvidia web driver for Mac OS Sierra "standard" 10.12.5 on the new high Sierra beta?