• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

jaymack

jaymack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

for high sierra use the last version of clover and copy kexts you need into the kexts/10.13 folder or the kexts/10.12 your smbios should work just fine and also if you are using an hdd, don't use apfs, or your system will be very slow, use apfs only on ssds and also i know you are the guy that have trouble getting to work the audigy 2 zs, i can tell to you that i have just put the kx audio driver kext into the kexts/other folder and it worked fine in high sierra without doing anything else 

Clover does not give me the choice of Mac Pro 5,1. I have been using IMac 13,2. Have you gotten Audigy 2 zs to run on an HP Z400. with Clover and Sierra? High Sierra is working just fine. I have installed every OS X since El Capitan on the HP Z400.

jaymack

jaymack

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Attached File  AUT_1305.JPG   43KB   9 downloadsMy question was is anyone running High Sierra using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS? I am not new to this. I first was successful with Hackintosh over 9 years ago with Leopard. Here is an image of my old Gateway Running Leopard.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:computer science, programming, hardware, software developing

i have got the audigy 2 to work with clover and sierra on my hardware test rig with the asus p5q3 deluxe and the core 2 duo e8400, and also on my test bench machine with the dfi lanparty and clover, i told you that your smbios should work fine, but i am using the iMac 14,2 smbios on my socket 775 machines, i also got it to work on another socket 1150 machine, but i have a lot of card compatible with the kx driver, i have teste as many as i can on each machine 

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 782 posts

attachicon.gifAUT_1305.JPGMy question was is anyone running High Sierra using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS? I am not new to this. I first was successful with Hackintosh over 9 years ago with Leopard. Here is an image of my old Gateway Running Leopard.

I just tried it and it gave me problems, it wants to restart.   I used -s safe mode and got in but it was Spinning BeachBall frenzy.    

This is on a pentium Haswell G3258 using lilukext and Greenkext for AMD RX 460.    

I've had no problem with MP 6.1 and iMac 14.2-18.2 definitions.    

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I just tried it and it gave me problems, it wants to restart.   I used -s safe mode and got in but it was Spinning BeachBall frenzy.    

This is on a pentium Haswell G3258 using lilukext and Greenkext for AMD RX 460.    

I've had no problem with MP 6.1 and iMac 14.2-18.2 definitions.    

for haswell the best is iMac 14,2

bysouza

bysouza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Friends good day !!

I am having this error with the clover do not tell me to follow with the boot, clover updated but not following.
I am trying to install the high sierra beta 5. I already thank the help.

Friends good day !!

I am having this error with the clover do not tell me to follow with the boot, clover updated but not following.
I am trying to install the high sierra beta 5. I already thank the help.

matrixhaj2

matrixhaj2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Okay, mostly seem to be up and running now. I get this on About this Mac:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 7 MB

​Obviously a little more than 7MB is on my 1050 Ti. Any suggestions on how to get the OS to use the 1050 and recognize it? (It is running but VERY slow and flickers) I don't need "acceleration", but it would be nice to be able to make use of the 4GB of video ram...

Thanks

Frank

I have read that Nvidia driver doesnt work in 10.13 yet. (It works only for older generation 2xx-9xx)...

In 10.12 gtx 1xxx driver works "normally"

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I have read that Nvidia driver doesnt work in 10.13 yet. (It works only for older generation 2xx-9xx)...

In 10.12 gtx 1xxx driver works "normally"

tested on my gtx 960, doesn't works

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

so vega gpus are starting to appear on the market, and high sierra beta already has the support for that cards, so i hope someone here can get one and get it to work, maybe with the watherver green + lilu kexts and the usual stuff for the amd cards, like the frame buffer and ids

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 782 posts

so vega gpus are starting to appear on the market, and high sierra beta already has the support for that cards, so i hope someone here can get one and get it to work, maybe with the watherver green + lilu kexts and the usual stuff for the amd cards, like the frame buffer and ids

I picked one up today, a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 8gb, it works without fixes in High Sierra. However no audio, and name is R9 xxx the name is an easy fix, but we will probably have to wait for Apple to fix Audio. ID is 0x687F1002, the same as Frontier edition.

Geekbench Compute score 188,000, didn't break 200,000 but if drivers improve in High Sierra there is hope.

Update:  After updating to the latest beta (and latest clover) I have Audio.      

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

I picked one up today, a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 8gb, it works without fixes in High Sierra. However no audio, and name is R9 xxx the name is an easy fix, but we will probably have to wait for Apple to fix Audio. ID is 0x687F1002, the same as Frontier edition.

Geekbench Compute score 188,000, didn't break 200,000 but if drivers improve in High Sierra there is hope.

nice to see that, i'd like to get one in the future for compute on mac, together with an nvidia for cuda and nvidia optimized apps

ergot

ergot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Finally updated :D credit all to @PikerAlpha script

Finally updated :D credit all to @PikerAlpha script

hello,

i can't get the script to work...permission denied even tough i put sudo command...

any idea? App store start the installation for me but fail to start

sonicthehedgehog2

sonicthehedgehog2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Chris1111 for Disk Creator - Just installed Build 17A352a, without any problems.

Also wanted to thank Rehabman and Neo aka Darkman without whom I would have no USB 3.0, Wifi or Bluetooth. Everything working well. BTW - I've avoided APFS and stuck to HFS+. HTH :)

ergot

ergot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

hi guys,

my attempt to install/update on existing OS is failing,

I managed to run the installer (downloaded dmg file) and i can reach the installation how ever i don't have mouse active and the install not start the windows show 35min but than it restart with "killall process" message and than a very fast message i can't see...

I update my clover as well.

any ideas?

ergot

ergot

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Chris1111 for Disk Creator - Just installed Build 17A352a, without any problems.

Also wanted to thank Rehabman and Neo aka Darkman without whom I would have no USB 3.0, Wifi or Bluetooth. Everything working well. BTW - I've avoided APFS and stuck to HFS+. HTH :)

Hi 

where i can find the disk creator? :)

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Ok, on Tuesday the high sierra gm will be released, so are you excited about that? what you do not like about high sierra?

Will you see the apple event via streaming?

Well on the last question my answer is yes i will do it, i will watch it with my friends into the european IOS developer academy in a big conference room, with a full sized screen of the type used in theaters, we will also make a party

43n79w

43n79w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Whenever I try to install High Sierra on my Fusion Drive, which happens to be bootable under 10.12, the Fusion Drive appears to become broken and unbootable. Instead of showing one "Boot macOS 10.12" or the installer partition, I see two individual "Boot macOS 10.12", each of which is unbootable and generates the following error:

Error loading kernel cache 0xe

The only way to resolve this is to boot into the Recovery Partition and run First Aid on the Fusion Drive.

I have tried many things to resolve this already:

1. I've run the installer from within Sierra itself.
  2. I've run the installer off a USB stick with Clover installed
  3. I've tried various versions of Clover (4097, 4200, 4220)
  4. I've tried an older version of apfs.efi
  5. I'm using the drop MATS table option (which lets me get into the installer for the USB stick) and have tried many different boot flags
  6. I've used startosinstall from Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option

Does the installer have a problem installing onto 3rd party Fusion Drives? Am I left having to split up my Fusion Drive and install onto the single SSD instead? Any help would be appreciated.

surfinchina

surfinchina

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:Architecture

Whenever I try to install High Sierra on my Fusion Drive, which happens to be bootable under 10.12, the Fusion Drive appears to become broken and unbootable. Instead of showing one "Boot macOS 10.12" or the installer partition, I see two individual "Boot macOS 10.12", each of which is unbootable and generates the following error:

Error loading kernel cache 0xe

The only way to resolve this is to boot into the Recovery Partition and run First Aid on the Fusion Drive.

I have tried many things to resolve this already:

1. I've run the installer from within Sierra itself.
  2. I've run the installer off a USB stick with Clover installed
  3. I've tried various versions of Clover (4097, 4200, 4220)
  4. I've tried an older version of apfs.efi
  5. I'm using the drop MATS table option (which lets me get into the installer for the USB stick) and have tried many different boot flags
  6. I've used startosinstall from Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option

Does the installer have a problem installing onto 3rd party Fusion Drives? Am I left having to split up my Fusion Drive and install onto the single SSD instead? Any help would be appreciated.

It'd be way easier to install to a normal drive then clone it to your fusion drive.

andrew.j.aguirre

andrew.j.aguirre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I tried updating to High Sierra last night.

The installer seemed to run just fine, it rebooted, went into the installer to complete it on boot up. But, after the installation, the drive was not mountable. Thankfully, I have a backup installation of OS X that I could boot into. So I did, went into Disk Utility, and the SSD had two unnamed partitions. I tried to Repair and Verify the drive, but it just made it into one large partition. Thankfully, Time Machine got me back up and running, but the first venture with High Sierra failed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, high, sierra, beta, hackintosh, installation, install, boot

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy