Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

hi guys,

my attempt to install/update on existing OS is failing,

I managed to run the installer (downloaded dmg file) and i can reach the installation how ever i don't have mouse active and the install not start the windows show 35min but than it restart with "killall process" message and than a very fast message i can't see...

I update my clover as well.

any ideas?

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Chris1111 for Disk Creator - Just installed Build 17A352a, without any problems.

Also wanted to thank Rehabman and Neo aka Darkman without whom I would have no USB 3.0, Wifi or Bluetooth. Everything working well. BTW - I've avoided APFS and stuck to HFS+. HTH :)

Hi 

where i can find the disk creator? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, on Tuesday the high sierra gm will be released, so are you excited about that? what you do not like about high sierra?

Will you see the apple event via streaming?

Well on the last question my answer is yes i will do it, i will watch it with my friends into the european IOS developer academy in a big conference room, with a full sized screen of the type used in theaters, we will also make a party

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I try to install High Sierra on my Fusion Drive, which happens to be bootable under 10.12, the Fusion Drive appears to become broken and unbootable. Instead of showing one "Boot macOS 10.12" or the installer partition, I see two individual "Boot macOS 10.12", each of which is unbootable and generates the following error:

Error loading kernel cache 0xe

The only way to resolve this is to boot into the Recovery Partition and run First Aid on the Fusion Drive.

I have tried many things to resolve this already:

1. I've run the installer from within Sierra itself.
  2. I've run the installer off a USB stick with Clover installed
  3. I've tried various versions of Clover (4097, 4200, 4220)
  4. I've tried an older version of apfs.efi
  5. I'm using the drop MATS table option (which lets me get into the installer for the USB stick) and have tried many different boot flags
  6. I've used startosinstall from Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option

Does the installer have a problem installing onto 3rd party Fusion Drives? Am I left having to split up my Fusion Drive and install onto the single SSD instead? Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Whenever I try to install High Sierra on my Fusion Drive, which happens to be bootable under 10.12, the Fusion Drive appears to become broken and unbootable. Instead of showing one "Boot macOS 10.12" or the installer partition, I see two individual "Boot macOS 10.12", each of which is unbootable and generates the following error:

Error loading kernel cache 0xe

The only way to resolve this is to boot into the Recovery Partition and run First Aid on the Fusion Drive.

I have tried many things to resolve this already:

1. I've run the installer from within Sierra itself.
  2. I've run the installer off a USB stick with Clover installed
  3. I've tried various versions of Clover (4097, 4200, 4220)
  4. I've tried an older version of apfs.efi
  5. I'm using the drop MATS table option (which lets me get into the installer for the USB stick) and have tried many different boot flags
  6. I've used startosinstall from Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option

Does the installer have a problem installing onto 3rd party Fusion Drives? Am I left having to split up my Fusion Drive and install onto the single SSD instead? Any help would be appreciated.

It'd be way easier to install to a normal drive then clone it to your fusion drive.

• Like 1

I tried updating to High Sierra last night.

The installer seemed to run just fine, it rebooted, went into the installer to complete it on boot up. But, after the installation, the drive was not mountable. Thankfully, I have a backup installation of OS X that I could boot into. So I did, went into Disk Utility, and the SSD had two unnamed partitions. I tried to Repair and Verify the drive, but it just made it into one large partition. Thankfully, Time Machine got me back up and running, but the first venture with High Sierra failed.

• 2 months later...