Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

hi.friend.why to delete "other" folder in EFI/CLOVER/kexts

Hi xtddd, in another post, a great advanced user to this forum, @artur_pt said to me for deleted because the last build of Clover is already for 10.13, and caches maybe cause Kernel Panic. Its in Portuguese but you can check here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324222-macos-1013-betas-dps-disponiveis/?p=2450603 

But im using other only to put ALC kext because to me resolved conflict audio with Sierra install in another partition. 

Best Regards!! 

• Like 1

You need to add a file to the /System/Library/CoreServices/ called boot.efi on the install you are trying to boot from. This had me stumped for quite a while. You can get a copy

of the file from any working system.

Thanks guys that worked great

• Like 1

I have successfully got 10.13 installed on the following MSI Z270 Gaming M5, i7-7700k, Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (direct install), EVGA GeForce 1080 TI. I had many issues like having to use an old usb2 hub to get past "waiting on root device". I have not put the final touches on the machine so there are a few things that still do not work:

Nvida wed drivers not installed so I can't adjust the graphics

Bluetooth shows to work but not detecting anything

iMessages

Mail

Sound

AirDrop (not sure if this is because a BlueTooth issue)

I have not tested out other features yet. 

The install fails when the disk was formatted using AFS - I had to use the older HFS.  I did not try converting to AFS during the install. 

I am using this BlueTooth / Wi-Fi card

Currently I can only boot from the Clover on USB into the harddrive. 

• Like 1

I see Apple Developer 10.13 Beta 3 is available. I think I am holding off until I see some success comments and how - either App Store or HandyScripts.

EDIT: OKay, I HATE waiting, so I edited the script myself - If you are using the developer seed, duplicate the install_1013_DP2_17A291m.sh script rename it install_1013_17A306f.sh and then change line 106 to read: key="091-21707".

Running the script when it finishes it will report failure. Restart your computer and DO NOT interrupt it during the restart. My went black for about 15 minutes (cursor still responding). I waited until all disk activity ceased. Then reset the computer. Booted from Clover, and it restarted itself once. Then everything is fine. 

Very nervous making. I hope this updating becomes a little smoother.

post-1378633-0-57323300-1499777567_thumb.png

Are you changing your CPUID on your config?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

No. I'm using the same config.plist for both. Although it does give me some weird unknown CPU thing, but it still runs with speedsteps and overclocking. Same benchmarks etc.

This is not looking good for me. Dev beta 3 appears to be installed okay, but I am getting very high CPU usage frequently and occasional random crashes - mostly when interacting with Safari, but that could just be coincidence. I think it has to do with the high CPU usage I am seeing. 

Anyone else have beta 3 install and seeing the same problem? Or is this just me (I hope so!)

TIA,

Frank

This is not looking good for me. Dev beta 3 appears to be installed okay, but I am getting very high CPU usage frequently and occasional random crashes - mostly when interacting with Safari, but that could just be coincidence. I think it has to do with the high CPU usage I am seeing. 

Anyone else have beta 3 install and seeing the same problem? Or is this just me (I hope so!)

TIA,

Frank

I have noticed some Safari bugs and crashes, but power seems good.    Skylake i5 6500, RX 480 with HDMI Audio.    Heres a before update and after.

post-1753549-0-49826200-1499821832_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-83064400-1499821861_thumb.png

• Like 1

I see Apple Developer 10.13 Beta 3 is available. I think I am holding off until I see some success comments and how - either App Store or HandyScripts.

EDIT: OKay, I HATE waiting, so I edited the script myself - If you are using the developer seed, duplicate the install_1013_DP2_17A291m.sh script rename it install_1013_17A306f.sh and then change line 106 to read: key="091-21707".

Running the script when it finishes it will report failure. Restart your computer and DO NOT interrupt it during the restart. My went black for about 15 minutes (cursor still responding). I waited until all disk activity ceased. Then reset the computer. Booted from Clover, and it restarted itself once. Then everything is fine.

Very nervous making. I hope this updating becomes a little smoother.

Can u pass the script

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Dec_Brain, Here is the modified script. I do not  know if this will work for everyone, and for me it says it failed after the installation, but then rebooting works and it shows the correct build for beta 3 - use at your own risk.

This site would not let me upload a .sh file, so I changed the file type to .txt, in order to use it you will need to change the file type to .sh or copy and paste the contents into a terminal window.

Frank

No reboot for me, just freeze up and I close it open it up again and its good.    It doesn't get a crash report error, it just freezes up or slows so bad I have to close it.    

Are you using HFS or APFS?

I am running HFS Fusion drive (250 gb SSD and 1 TB HD), I tried APFS and had problems with TimeMachine, so I reinstalled with HFS and have had no problems with that now.

install_1013_DP2_17A306f.txt

• Like 1

My macBook 6.1 also suffers from freeze in safari at times so its probably a safari/High Sierra issue.

Sadly it is not just Safari, I switched to Chrome and it does the same randomly. It seems to be when memory use is high - like browsing large photo's, etc. I have 16GB of ram, so I am not running low on memory.

My macBook 6.1 also suffers from freeze in safari at times so its probably a safari/High Sierra issue.

Not sure, using a hack mac with MBP6,2 SMBios get no High Memory issue here.  :) Fyi, It' s just 2 x 2GB DDR3 SDRAM @1600MHz running 10.13 Beta 3 (17A306f) hmmb..

IVF35ax.png

• Like 1

Could someone please post a full guide on how to successfully install 10.13?

Also another question, how can I make it work on Intel Graphics 4000 HD?

You need to provide a LOT more information before anyone can help you. The installation procedure varies greatly depending on your computer/laptop and what hardware you have. Also, if you have access to a Macintosh or if you have to do it on a Windows machine. All make a difference on how you go about it. If you list your hardware (complete list) in your signature it will help. Also, We would need to know if you have access to a copy of MacOS to install or will you need access.

You need to provide a LOT more information before anyone can help you. The installation procedure varies greatly depending on your computer/laptop and what hardware you have. Also, if you have access to a Macintosh or if you have to do it on a Windows machine. All make a difference on how you go about it. If you list your hardware (complete list) in your signature it will help. Also, We would need to know if you have access to a copy of MacOS to install or will you need access.

I've now put some details in my signature, I've got a desktop computer and I'm currently using Mac OS Sierra 10.12 on it and I also have access to High Sierra DP3 and PB2.

Installed HS for the first time with Beta 2. Used the regular Apple installer (to a different drive), rebooted into the installer just fine (nv_disable=1), but after the installation completed and I rebooted, HS partition is no longer visible in Clover. I rebooted into Sierra, and checked: there's a boot.efi present in S/L/CoreServices...

Also, installer doesn't have any files anymore. New installer is like 20Mb... Files also don't seem to be in /L/Updates as some have pointed out... :X