Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Run Install macOS High Sierra Beta from Sierra, choose convert to APFS, added apfs.efi to Clover, on reboot it freeze just before language selection screen, if I use -v then it show white screen with black Apple logo, otherwise it's white logo on black, otherwise no difference.

d2149193dfc27b4f789ecec675b8eda8.jpg

Install on other partition not on Sierra, If you do so then you wont get any option for Convert APFS while installation :D Install like this with other partition and then once you successfully boot High Sierra Convert it to APFS from recovery HD

Install on other partition not on Sierra, If you do so then you wont get any option for Convert APFS while installation :D Install like this with other partition and then once you successfully boot High Sierra Convert it to APFS from recovery HD

Yeah bro, I installed to an other free partition, it still shows convert to apfs option, tried with it and them with hfs+, not showing language selection screen, tried -v and it boots up without showing any error and them freeze just before language selection screen.

Yeah bro, I installed to an other free partition, it still shows convert to apfs option, tried with it and them with hfs+, not showing language selection screen, tried -v and it boots up without showing any error and them freeze just before language selection screen.

Thats strange Dude :( 

Try boot with this argument: EDIT: dart=0 silde=0 rootless=0 -v

Im have Sierra beta and HS on the same partition, not problems to boot or install. 

If you try another partition formatted in EXFAT format first, and then format in HFS+ Journaled and so format APFS?

post-411738-0-48932100-1499097925_thumb.png

Try boot with this argument: -dart=0 -silde=0 -rootless=0 -v

Im have Sierra beta and HS on the same partition, not problems to boot or install. 

Just tried, no luck, same result. This APFS thing is bit complicated for now, like I have SSD with three partitions, 2 HFS+ and 1 APFS, now want to resize APFS partition, but there's no easy way, Disk Utility doesn't support resizing it for now.

Just tried, no luck, same result. This APFS thing is bit complicated for now, like I have SSD with three partitions, 2 HFS+ and 1 APFS, now want to resize APFS partition, but there's no easy way, Disk Utility doesn't support resizing it for now.

why don't you try with different SMBIOS like MBP 8,1 or 10,1 i got success from changing to 10,1

Try boot with this argument: -dart=0 -silde=0 -rootless=0 -v

you have to put the "-" only in -v the others are wrong if you put - in front of them, os the correct one is: dart=0 silde=0 rootless=0 -v

and just keep in mind that you have to use several other settings in clover, in previous posts I have uploaded mine efi folder, so take a look there  if you want  to see wha is needed to get the os to boot

• Like 1

you have to put the "-" only in -v the others are wrong if you put - in front of them, os the correct one is: dart=0 silde=0 rootless=0 -v

and just keep in mind that you have to use several other settings in clover, in previous posts I have uploaded mine efi folder, so take a look there  if you want  to see wha is needed to get the os to boot

You right sorry im have used only Clover Configurator, its more easy!!! Im edit post above!!

• Like 1

Thanks Traveling :)

I tried these arguments, your EFI / Clover with your kexts and then with my kexts, nothing worked. Not sure but most probably it is not related to Clover but some kext because if I install High Sierra with Core.pkg, it boot and work fine with same Clover setting that I use for Sierra.

from a working hackintosh(10.12.5) to a clean SSD

im installing from the DL image  macOS 10.13 Beta

1) Download developer profile (free) LINK

2) Open terminal 

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

3) Paste command and give password

4) macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288 open this link in safari

5) Click Download

after DL  image in applications

open with show package Content

Applications/Install  macOS 10.13 Beta

open Contents

open SharedSupport

open InstallESD.dmg. skip verify

open Packages

open Core

its installing now on SSD Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

after install i boot with working SSD 10.12.5 and i install a recent Fakesmc.kext on SSD 10.13

Mac OS 10.13 beta is booting with clover imac14,2 from SSD 10.12.5 and some boot options

only video Nvidia GT 740 is not going further with webdrivers working

all is going fast and smooth with clover 3974

only video now

I have tried all the installer methods but none of them work. I have sucessfully installed many versions of mac os on various laptops but this high sierra I hust cant get to work. I have tried this method but and all the system files extract but the drive is not seen by clover. I have made the drive bootable in terminal ect, but clover will still not see the drive on reboot. Can you elaborate one your method please, thanks

I have tried all the installer methods but none of them work. I have sucessfully installed many versions of mac os on various laptops but this high sierra I hust cant get to work. I have tried this method but and all the system files extract but the drive is not seen by clover. I have made the drive bootable in terminal ect, but clover will still not see the drive on reboot. Can you elaborate one your method please, thanks

What did you install after core.pkg?

The HandyScripts are failing at the end of each installation using them, but if your reboot and check the build number it actually succeeded. Hope this will get fixed soon, I reinstalled everything 3 times before ignoring the error and checking the build after a reboot - sigh.

Can someone provide a dependable download link (on an English language web site) for the very latest Clover?

Version 4103 (Clover v2.4k r4103) is listed on some Chinese language sites, such as:

https://imac.hk/clover-bootload-pkg-iso-efi.html

But those require a login, which don't seem to work via Google's Translate interface.

The "official" Clover site only has version 4097 listed for download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

Thanks.

Now shows Clover version 4106 on that Chinese language site, linked previously.

If the program was written by English speaking authors, shouldn't there be an English language site for these latest builds, even if they're "unofficial"?

A "Clover beta build blog", or something like that?

I just installed clover but on rebooting there was no hdd in the boot menu. I made it active and bootable in Mac terminal but was still not showing in boot menu after rebooting again

Have you copied boot.efi to CoreServices?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I just installed clover but on rebooting there was no hdd in the boot menu. I made it active and bootable in Mac terminal but was still not showing in boot menu after rebooting again

You need to add a file to the /System/Library/CoreServices/ called boot.efi on the install you are trying to boot from. This had me stumped for quite a while. You can get a copy of the file from any working system. 

Just in case it helps someone, (X99 with 5960x, R9 Nano and Quadro K2000 helper)

I'm booting to 10.12 on the 960 evo and 10.13 on the 850 evo with the same EFI.

No graphics acceleration in 10.13.

I used the latest clover 4084.

Removed VoodooTSCSync.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to make it boot.

The nvme hacked kext is in s/l/e on the 10.12 so not used in 10.13, although I can see the 960 evo in 10.13.

I have 2 kext folders in clover - 10.12 and 10.13 which are identical except for the 2 above kexts.

I'm no programming geek, but it sort of looks like AMDRadeonX4500HWServices.kext which is the accelerator for the Nano, is not functional. They might not have tested it yet.

The purpose of this for me was really to get an EFI that works for 10.12 and 10.13 anyway, so that I can install high sierra later, when it's finished.

It was a completely vanilla install with no new kexts in 10.13 s/l/e, install over 10.12.3 from the desktop with a double click. Little Snitch is the only software that won't work.

Are you changing your CPUID on your config?

Hi, my install its very simple, im think the Clover arguments is the "secret".

Im using many arguments, and I can install High Sierra in APFS so easy.

Im finally get terminal command work and make a usb.

25/06/2017 - Edit: Using Clover 4097 now!! So please, don't forget to delete "other" folder in EFI/CLOVER/kexts

hi.friend.why to delete "other" folder in EFI/CLOVER/kexts

• Like 1