Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

i think that i do not had problems to upgrade to beta 2 since i have the developer account, for the xeons also try with or without voodoo tsc sync (you have to use the kext configured for your cpu thread count of the machine you want to use)

On 6/28/2017 at 12:49 AM, max.1974 said:

Hi, you can instal APFS to see if its better and get more faster... !!! 

Best Regards!!! 

Hi  max.1974 Thanks once again for your great contribution. Next to that i tried installing macOS High Sierra in APFS Format but after finishing the installation it's stuck. it doesn't boot. Also the speed is so slow as compared to macOS Sierra. So how can i install it in APFS Format without any issue. Or am i missing anything? 

Also you can find macOS high Sierra DP2 Download. Just PM me because i can't post the link here.

Thanks

Regards,

Tech Labs

Edited by The Tech
  • Like 2

Tech Labs my friend, im so glad to help you and our friends, and so many thanks to your words!! 

Im not advanced user, but im notice that use High Sierra with windows 10 in the same partition maybe was reason that issue. Another thinks is use in HDD, because im read that APFS format is especially for SSD hds. So, when im trying to install, im format my partition SSD first with GParted Live usb (its so good), or with Disk Utility first format to EXFAT for exemple, and after that to Mac OS Jornaling (HFS+), and then install the APFS (don't forget Apfs.efi). About the download im not know but if im find im said to you my friend, sorry im not keep on the install, because Appstore shows up and install. 

If you using correctly DSDT and your kexts, and GUID partition, its more easy to boot a High Sierra OS. Im recommend using a partition (or SSD) alone just for HS. 

So many thanks my friend, im was helped for another great guys like MaLd0n. He always helps us on this forum. 

Im hope you enjoy a new system, much is I am!!! 

Thank you!!  :D  :D

• Like 2

Im not advanced user, but im notice that use High Sierra with windows 10 in the same partition maybe was reason that issue.

Uhmmmb, I don't think so. I also got extremely slow APFS Speed w/o Windows on another partition (GPT). But, I noticed that 1st tried with Beta 1 installed on MBR then converted to GPT I got fast performance. Fyi, mine is just an old 5400RPM SATA Disk. Oracle VirtualBox has ability to "fake" seeing a virtual HDD as SSD, it will be awesome if in the future it would be implemented on Hackintosh as well << I think I'm just dreaming but who knows? :lol:   

• Like 2

Uhmmmb, I don't think so. I also got extremely slow APFS Speed w/o Windows on another partition (GPT). But, I noticed that 1st tried with Beta 1 installed on MBR then converted to GPT I got fast performance. Fyi, mine is just an old 5400RPM SATA Disk. Oracle VirtualBox has ability to "fake" seeing a virtual HDD as SSD, it will be awesome if in the future it would be implemented on Hackintosh as well << I think I'm just dreaming but who knows?

Totally agree....

In my case I tried high sierra with win 10 in single ssd with apfs and it run like charm but apfs with hdd is worst. In hdd booting high sierra is takin more than 10 min

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

By following this video description, getting HS beta installed and working is fairly easy (author is Pakistani):

youtube:  watch?v=kezN2JKmMOw  <- (copy and paste)

Still working on getting the audio (green port, rear) working properly, however: MSI H81M-P33 motherboard (Realtek ALC887 audio), GTX 750 video card.

Only the HDMI audio appears as an option, currently.

• Like 1

By following this video description, getting HS beta installed and working is fairly easy (author is Pakistani):

youtube:  watch?v=kezN2JKmMOw  <- (copy and paste)

Still working on getting the audio (green port, rear) working properly, however: MSI H81M-P33 motherboard (Realtek ALC887 audio), GTX 750 video card.

Only the HDMI audio appears as an option, currently.

Greetings Richtig, I tried this today and stuck at apple boot screen. White status bar never makes progress. Any ideas? In verbose made getting cpu panic.

yesterday just using mine standard clover, i get high sierra to work on mine friend's new build, with the asus maximus viii formula and i7 6700k with a custom liquid cooling loop, it runs very well, i also fired up some benchmarks and it is very stable, if you want i can pass to you my standard clover i use for many machines

yesterday just using mine standard clover, i get high sierra to work on mine friend's new build, with the asus maximus viii formula and i7 6700k with a custom liquid cooling loop, it runs very well, i also fired up some benchmarks and it is very stable, if you want i can pass to you my standard clover i use for many machines

Yes, if you would mind sharing it.

Thank you

High Sierra Beta 2, created USB using create media and installed Clover 4099, copied working Sierra kexts, same problem as Beta 1. It boot to macOS Utilities, now its extremely slow here, Disk Utilities show Loading disks forever, Terminal response too slow. How you guys solved this, please share.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

High Sierra Beta 2, created USB using create media and installed Clover 4099, copied working Sierra kexts, same problem as Beta 1. It boot to macOS Utilities, now its extremely slow here, Disk Utilities show Loading disks forever, Terminal response too slow. How you guys solved this, please share.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Don't use afps.efi read older post i got same issue with beta 1 but it fix by removing apfs.efi from USB.

Don't use afps.efi read older post i got same issue with beta 1 but it fix by removing apfs.efi from USB.

This means install to && boot from HFS+ Volume...  ^_^​ 

This means install to && boot from HFS+ Volume... ^_^

Yes in my case i have to boot USB installer without apfs.efi if I use that I stuck with disk utility like his situation.

Yes in my case i have to boot USB installer without apfs.efi if I use that I stuck with disk utility like his situation.

Same here, after installed on HFS+ I then converted it to APFS within Disk Utility on RecoveryHD..

But the problem is, if we don't use Clover's apfs.efi driver under recovery environment; DU's APFS Conversion feature will fail.  :wink_anim:

post-826765-0-85333700-1498751252_thumb.png

Same here, after installed on HFS+ I then converted it to APFS within Disk Utility on RecoveryHD..

But the probelm is, if we don't use Clover's apfs.efi driver under recovery environment; DU's APFS Conversion feature will fail. :wink_anim:

I use hfs+ coz if I converted to apfs the booting time dramatically increased more than 10 minutes ao i stuck with hfs+ but on ssd it work like charm ..... HDD sucks

• Like 1

I use hfs+ coz if I converted to apfs the booting time dramatically increased more than 10 minutes ao i stuck with hfs+ but on ssd it work like charm ..... HDD sucks

It's OK  :P we have different mach here :LoL, so.. well done  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Yes, if you would mind sharing it.

Thank you

photos will arrive soon, if you want I can upload the efi folder that worker whell for us on the Asus motherboard

and if are not using an ssd, use the hfs+ file system

photos will arrive soon, if you want I can upload the efi folder that worker whell for us on the Asus motherboard

and if are not using an ssd, use the hfs+ file system

Yeah, please share the EFI folder. I use ssd (850 evo) as well.