Beamsync disable not working.

bpeugh

8 posts in this topic

I have tried everyway imaginable of disabling beamsync but each time I do, I restart, I look at the number and it is 0, I run Xbench, get the same score and when I look again the number is back to 1 even if I have repaired permissions. WTF?

If you are doing it from QuartzSimple/QuartzDebug, you must Force Quit the app. If you Quit normally, it resets the values as it quits. If you re-run the app to check it and then quit, it will be reset as well.

You can enable QE2D and disable BeamSync via Terminal:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Quartz2DExtremeEnabled true

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Compositor -dict deferredUpdates 0

Didn't work under 10.4.8 new install. Installed 10.4.7 repack and the 10.4.8 update. After do it in the terminal it still resets the 0 to a 1 after a restart but got the Q2D to Yes by changing it in the plist editor.

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Quartz2DExtremeEnabled true

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver Compositor -dict deferredUpdates 0

Yea but its turn on Quartz2DExtreme permanently It's there any way to turn it for every boot? Script or something.

Yea but its turn on Quartz2DExtreme permanently It's there any way to turn it for every boot? Script or something.

The "defaults write" command writes the values to the windowserver.plist and should stay set for reboots. Works like that for me and lots of other people. If you use QuartzSimple or QuartzDebug to look at the settings, when you quit, the settings will be undone. You must Force-Quit to keep the settings from changing.

To verify the settings, use the Apple Plist Editor (from Xcode) or download the trial of PlistEditPro and look at the window.plist file (/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist). The BeamSync setting is under Compositor. You can even make the settings using those apps.

To reverse the settings, use one of the apps, or perform the defaults write commands, but change "true" to "false" and "0" to "1".

If you are doing it from QuartzSimple/QuartzDebug, you must Force Quit the app. If you Quit normally, it resets the values as it quits. If you re-run the app to check it and then quit, it will be reset as well.

hi,

in terminal is permanent disable?

[]'s