Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE 12/08/2017)

nvidia web driver

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

DuongTHVN

DuongTHVN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...
Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

try edit info.plist of AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy to fix it. 

MICKHAEL

MICKHAEL

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...
Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

not so bright ideea about amd) i thimk you need to play a little with it... my 960 works just ok on dvi. need to test dp

DisplayPort not working, and thats from HighSierra !!! (working just well on Sierra)

SavageAUS

SavageAUS

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

New driver for 10.13.2 (17C88)

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 10.23.30 am.png   65.25KB   10 downloads

xtddd

xtddd

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 315 posts

AMD cards is top priority on macos10.13...i bought RX 580 and sold my gtx960.

camillionario

camillionario

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

new driver has improved

Attached File  Captura de pantalla 2017-12-08 a las 13.04.29.png   78.46KB   8 downloads

mus68

mus68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

solved.

the issue was that I have upgraded trough combo update and it gives me a different os version number (17c89 instead of 17c88).

so I cannot use the driver.

i have fix it modifying the Nvidia web driver info.plist  ;-)

Hello plz help me i have same issue ?

mus68

mus68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello guy!

I have issue when i update MacOS with combo update 10.13.2 from Apple.

The build when complete is 17C89. The Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102 only support for  10.13.2 17C88.

then i have try this an it work perfect !

Step 1) Change the build OS to 17C88

Step 2) install Nvidia Web Drive - 378.10.10.10.25.102

Step 3) restart and enjoy:

now my macOS is 10.13.2 17C88 an it work perfect !

Hi, how change the build os to 17c88 plz help me!

DuongTHVN

DuongTHVN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Hi, how change the build os to 17c88 plz help me!

https://yourapple.or...sion.t6330.html

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

That doesn't work for me !

Attached File  Capture d'écran 2017-12-08 23.41.53.png   143.64KB   5 downloads

Norb

Norb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, my first post here after being a long time lurker and english is not my native language, so be kind :-)

I use a MacPro and a NVidia GTX 1050 and installed the comboupdate. I have a backup of a "normal" update system i can use, but i would like to use the combo build. I tried to edit the systemversion.plist but it doesn't work. I guess it's about file permission i could not set back to root after edit the file. File permission check is'nt availeble. I guess it's because of the APFS format of my SSD.

Is there a way to edit the webdriver to accept the Build number (17C89)?

Thanks in advanced

Fergarth

Fergarth

I feel the apple's maggots inside me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Hi, my first post here after being a long time lurker and english is not my native language, so be kind :-)

I use a MacPro and a NVidia GTX 1050 and installed the comboupdate. I have a backup of a "normal" update system i can use, but i would like to use the combo build. I tried to edit the systemversion.plist but it doesn't work. I guess it's about file permission i could not set back to root after edit the file. File permission check is'nt availeble. I guess it's because of the APFS format of my SSD.

Is there a way to edit the webdriver to accept the Build number (17C89)?

Thanks in advanced

Try this 😊
http://www.insanelym...2017/?p=2539444
Or this
http://www.insanelym...38#entry2524391

Norb

Norb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hahaha, i followed your advise and after i did all the steps the final reboot has to come. MacOs starts up with the news of NVidia that there is a new webdriver to solve the problem just by updating the driver.

Hehe, thanks. Now i am prepared to solve the next problem of build numbers a hour earlier.... or i just wait...

Thanks to the programmer from NVidia for there quick response. If they read that stuff i would like to mention the "why". Could you just release a webdriver with more flexible compatibility?

Anyway, ma system is up and running. Thanks

Il Francy MacPc

Il Francy MacPc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

New Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.25.103 for 10.13.2 build 17C89 https://images.nvidi...0.10.25.103.pkg

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Seems more snappier than before. No more windowserver memory leaks.

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

New Nvidia Web Driver - 378.10.10.10.25.103 for 10.13.2 build 17C89 https://images.nvidi...0.10.25.103.pkg

Doesn't work for me with GTX 970

:(

foskvs

foskvs

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Doesn't work for me with GTX 970

:(

Check build version. If you have 17C88, try this one: http://us.download.n...0.10.25.102.pkg

mus68

mus68

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks !  worked fine.

fabiosun

fabiosun

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,548 posts

new driver installed for 17c89

Attached Files

Fergarth

Fergarth

I feel the apple's maggots inside me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

not so bright ideea about amd) i thimk you need to play a little with it... my 960 works just ok on dvi. need to test dp

DisplayPort not working, and thats from HighSierra !!! (working just well on Sierra)

What a stupid thing! But does anyone know the reason? Of course from the 13.2 betas, I never managed to have the web driver working on 4K DP... I'll have to change the connection for something older, like HDMI or VGA lol. I knew the blame was not on my perfect and fat DSDT 😁

fabiosun

fabiosun

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,548 posts

My 32'' 4k LG (UHD) display port connected 30 bit via ResXtreme

add

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver

9 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy