Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Hi again,

I have a strange flickering problem: With recent HS web drivers, everything works fine, until I use some specific VST audio plugins, which use OpenGL or so for drawing the GUIs (basically all from Arturia). Then I get a kind of random screen flickering, or let*s name it random powering-off.

Is this a driver issue? If I play a OpenGL game, everything runs fine. Or could this be a power issue, that the graphics doesn't get enough power then?

Monitor?

I've noticed in High Sierra, my GTX 1080 frequently fails to initialize properly waking up from sleep. This happened occasionally in Sierra, but seems more frequent in High Sierra. Has anyone else run into this, or know what to look for to find the root cause?

Its a 4K DP monitor. It is ok. It also a common problem with 1050GTX

I get strange slowdowns since the latest web driver, so the mouse/system starts to lag/stutter. This only happens with some apps. Anybody has similar experiences?

I've noticed in High Sierra, my GTX 1080 frequently fails to initialize properly waking up from sleep. This happened occasionally in Sierra, but seems more frequent in High Sierra. Has anyone else run into this, or know what to look for to find the root cause?

With me, as I said before, from 13.2 until now 13.3 beta, I never had the DP outputs working again, without the famous "no signal" after the clover boot. Currently my GTX only works at high resolution by the HDMI connection, but only at 30Hz. If I select 60Hz it will go to no signal as well. I tested everything and anything else, lilus, nvidiafixs, changed between the 3 DPs, new installation, new DSDT ... everything! Nothing resulted! Something must have changed in the OS or be wrong with the Web Driver! ?

With me, as I said before, from 13.2 until now 13.3 beta, I never had the DP outputs working again, without the famous "no signal" after the clover boot. Currently my GTX only works at high resolution by the HDMI connection, but only at 30Hz. If I select 60Hz it will go to no signal as well. I tested everything and anything else, lilus, nvidiafixs, changed between the 3 DPs, new installation, new DSDT ... everything! Nothing resulted! Something must have changed in the OS or be wrong with the Web Driver!

Hm, did you disable the Core i7 gfx in bios? Did you set "use nvidia web", disabled "inject nvidia" in clover gfx options?  Did you check with "nvidia generic" + "nvidia no efi" option?  Those are my options...

EDIT:

So make sure to

- UNcheck "inject nvidia"

- check "use webdriver"

- UNcheck "no efi", but only if you installed emuvariable64.efi into drivers64UEFI, else check it

EDIT2:

- Don't use iMac15,1 smbios

- Try iMac14,2 or iMac18,3 or MacPro5,1

Well {censored}, Studio One really is crashing on 10.13.2 (graphics driver issue) while loading a song, with both recent webdriver 108 and 109. It works fine on 10.12.6 (without recent Apple security update) and latest available web drivers...

What is the cause for this? A bad driver? A bad clover? Or a bad Spectre/Meltdown patch in the OS, causing memory corruption?

Any idea?

Well {censored}, Studio One really is crashing on 10.13.2 (graphics driver issue) while loading a song, with both recent webdriver 108 and 109. It works fine on 10.12.6 (without recent Apple security update) 

Any idea?

csrutil disable, csrutil clear.

Same issue. I have two monitors connected via DisplayPort. Upon wake the displays freeze or only one turns on. Replugging the monitors work sometimes. I looked at the logs and found WindowServer having trouble reaching the displays and IOFrameBuffer. 

I tried to add CoreDisplayFixUp and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp kexts and it seems to be getting better... but still need to reconnect most of the time.

I would like to use  WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.102 or WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.103  with macOS 10.13.2 special build 17C2120 (iMacPro) and 10.13.3 beta 3 (17D2029A)... 

What is the actual patch procedure if there is any? 

​Many thanks for your estimated feedback and support in advance...

@KGP
is it an upgrade with drivers installed yet or a clean install without a nvidia drivers installed?

In first case use gengik84 nvidia patcher patch or patch nvidia kext manually and then rebuild cache (info.plist /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents in library)

search for

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>17C89</string>
change string value with you number or with only 17 then rebuild cache and permission via terminal or via your preferred tool
If you use only 17 this is useful when you update system IE in beta update..you have driver working at first reboot after update without reinstalling it or patch it till 17 version will be 18! :-)

If it is a clean install you have to patch driver osx/version checks with an app you can find in this thread
I would like to advice pavo’s app

you can also do it manually with some tools and little skill

Edited by Guest

first question

No

second

I think so! :-)

Is the 1050Ti now natively supported in High Sierra? Where do I find a list of supported GPUs?   If a eGPU is supported, does it mean a PCIe variant will be supported, too? Thanks

Here is the Script for all those who already have the Web Drivers install; and want

to patch the web drivers for the current Buid or any Build.

File attaching bellow in ZIP:

134.png

132.png

221.png

315.png

136.png

If you do not have the Web Drivers already installed, it does not matter it redirects you

to Nvidia Payload Packager

e110.png

e210.png

Also in GitHub

Enjoy  ;)

Easy Web Drivers Patcher.zip

• Like 4