Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Yeah, it might be legit, but the driver seems to be bad. During boot it goes into a loop with a spinner and never fully boots. Of course using nv_disable=1 allows it to boot so I can remove the drivers. I'll wait for a fixed driver.

EDIT: Downloaded from the UK Nvidia link, and it works fine now.

• Like 1

Yeah, it might be legit, but the driver seems to be bad. During boot it goes into a loop with a spinner and never fully boots. Of course using nv_disable=1 allows it to boot so I can remove the drivers. I'll wait for a fixed driver.

EDIT: Downloaded from the UK Nvidia link, and it works fine now.

I don't have this problem with drivers i posted here... but after updating to 10.13.3, i have almost twice slower export from Final Cut X 10.4. I don't know if its because of 10.13.3 or nVidia drivers. 

I don't have this problem with drivers i posted here... but after updating to 10.13.3, i have almost twice slower export from Final Cut X 10.4. I don't know if its because of 10.13.3 or nVidia drivers. 

Regarding FCPX performance over time. Here are some interesting facts

What makes you say that?

Lack of finding it on nVidia's website.  I am not saying it isn't a actual internal build from nVidia, just that it isn't a "official" release.  But then again nVidia's website basically sucks for finding these drivers; which I have told them.

Also the preference pane should show a new update available if it was an official release yes?

Lack of finding it on nVidia's website.  I am not saying it isn't a actual internal build from nVidia, just that it isn't a "official" release.  But then again nVidia's website basically sucks for finding these drivers; which I have told them.

Also the preference pane should show a new update available if it was an official release yes?

It's on Nvidia's website now: 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130460/en-us

Hi MaLd0n, How are you doing?

Can you please send me the patched version of the 104 installer for 10.3.3?

Thanks in advance :)

Here, bro!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-intel-5-6-7-8-9-and-x99-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/?p=2575822

• Like 2

This might not be important to many people, but since I updated to High Sierra, PDF files would display a black screen in Firefox. So would some OpenGL stuff like Google Maps. I'm not sure if it's Firefox 58 that fixed this or the new web driver (I installed them both literally within minutes of each other), but it works now!

The web page update often takes at least a day, so if there's a .pkg file on NVIDIA's website you can be pretty sure it's an official release.  The auto-updater will also detect the driver if it's available (i.e. if you have run the software update and are on the new version of the OS, that is).  If you aren't running the new OS version, the auto-updater won't show anything new.